ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Falling skies TNT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=246306)

notorious 08-20-2012 10:03 PM

I can't wait until Noah Wyle jams his AK up the blonde bitch's box and unloads a clip.

keg in kc 08-28-2012 01:50 PM

I thought the show got really, really good this season. Last year it was kind of a throwaway "I'll watch it because there's no other science fiction on TV" program for me, but this year I thought virtually everything about it was better, from the storyline to the production, to the quality of guest actors, to just the overall show itself. It became the kind of show that I didn't want to miss, and I'm greatly looking forward to season 3.

Although I will make one caveat. I actually thought the very end of the episode was a little too much like the end of season 1. But it's a small nitpick.

notorious 08-28-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8859735)
I thought the show got really, really good this season. Last year it was kind of a throwaway "I'll watch it because there's no other science fiction on TV" program for me, but this year I thought virtually everything about it was better, from the storyline to the production, to the quality of guest actors, to just the overall show itself. It became the kind of show that I didn't want to miss, and I'm greatly looking forward to season 3.

Although I will make one caveat. I actually thought the very end of the episode was a little too much like the end of season 1. But it's a small nitpick.

Yes.

It's like they read our little thread and decided to make a good show.

bevischief 08-29-2012 01:26 PM

http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/934...ing-skies.html

'House' Doctor Finds New Job ... On 'Falling Skies'
Robert Sean Leonard joins TNT series in five-episode arc

by MICHAEL HINMAN, posted Aug-23-2012
Source: Deadline.com

No Comments Print Email Bookmark
Robert Sean Leonard is hanging up his white coat for a scientist coat -- which we guess would still be white -- as he takes on a short-term recurring role on 'Falling Skies.'

Robert Sean Leonard is hanging up his white coat for a scientist coat -- which we guess would still be white -- as he takes on a short-term recurring role on 'Falling Skies.'
NBC Universal
Related:

'Falling Skies' Stumbles In Season 2 Premiere
Preview: New 'Falling Skies' Pace Ensures Long Future
'Falling Skies' Colin Cunningham Coming To Alpha Waves Radio
SciFi On TV: Looking Over The Summer Series
TNT Orders Second Season Of 'Falling Skies'

Robert Sean Leonard spent eight years as Dr. James Wilson trying to keep the sanity of "House's" title character together. Now he will have to work to keep his own sanity intact in an upcoming mini-arc for TNT's "Falling Skies."

Leonard will play Roger Kadar, a scientist who lives underneath Charleston (where humans have gathered as a refuge in the second season) where he runs the power grid and has an assortment of pet rats.

This is the first post-"House" role for Leonard, who appeared in "The Outer Limits" in 2000. He will not be the only former television doctor (well, physician assistant) making his way to the series. Gloria Reuben, who co-starred with Noah Wyle in NBC's "ER," also is set to make an appearance as well.

Leonard is set for a five-episode arc, but will likely not stick around after that. Leonard is looking for a new series to be a part of, and he'll be looking at potential pilots while filming his "Falling Skies" episodes.

Reuben, who played HIV-positive Jeanie Boulet in "ER," will work closely with Wyle as an assistant to his character, Tom Mason, according to Deadline.com. This is the first time Reuben will work on a TNT series since "Raising the Bar" in 2009. It's also her first genre credit since 1994's "Time Cop" with Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Reuben was nominated for Emmys in 1997 and 1998 for "ER," losing to "NYPD Blue's" Kim Delaney in 1997 and Camryn Manheim from "The Practice" in 1998.

"Falling Skies," which was recently nominated for an Emmy of its own for special effects, was picked up for a third season by TNT in July, and is expected to return next summer. It stars Wyle, Moon Bloodgood, Colin Cunningham and Will Patton.

blaise 08-29-2012 01:29 PM

Season 2, especially late in the season, was a lot better than Season 1.

keg in kc 07-02-2013 07:40 PM

Hmm, no talk about this season. Like it so far.

Season 4 is now official for 2014, 10 eps.

jiveturkey 07-03-2013 07:34 AM

This show has improved dramatically over the first season. There's still some wackiness but it's now a show that I look forward to every week.

blaise 07-03-2013 08:58 AM

It's good. The things I can't stand are:
The youngest son - I have no idea why they think they need that kid in so many scenes.
The oldest son and his girlfriend having discussions. Just boring, you could fast forward through the whole conversation and miss nothing.
And the general kitsch. The President's speech was just so corny, I thought, and then the chorus of children- blech.
And often I feel like a scene starts and it's like, "Ok, here's ___ and ____ bonding scene. Cue the sappy music. Maybe we should do it on a hospital bed."

But I do like it as a whole. It seems like they have a plan for where they want to go.

frankotank 07-03-2013 09:02 AM

I almost gave up on this show. but this season has been better.
Noah is a really good actor.
but some of the story lines are just......I mean.....

Spoiler!

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-22-2013 04:56 PM

Good one last night.

notorious 07-25-2013 10:39 PM

This has been a great season.

Less family moments, more conflict.

frankotank 07-30-2013 12:55 PM

man I just watch too damn many shows......
somebody tell me this cause I can't remember exactly...and I didn't want to go rewatch the episode in question.

Spoiler!

AustinChief 07-30-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9845279)
man I just watch too damn many shows......
somebody tell me this cause I can't remember exactly...and I didn't want to go rewatch the episode in question.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

jiveturkey 07-30-2013 01:01 PM

Karen showed Tom a couple of bodies in a pod. It's inconclusive IMO and killing the kid would be dumb because there's a lot of potential with it being some type of half breed. When they first showed us signs of the kids ability I figured that it would play a big role in future story lines.

frankotank 07-31-2013 07:56 AM

OK...cool...thanks guys. sometimes I'll zone out for a minute...wake up....readjust....and refuse to rewind. the dangers of watching TV in bed. must've missed the showing.

wasn't believing they were actually dead though. thought the same thing about the freaky little kid.....no way they'd kill it.

keg in kc 09-21-2013 03:32 AM

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?deepLinkEmbedCode=hpM2ZvZTrsmjCD0tO9h1iCHbO_r4E951&embedCode=hpM2ZvZTrsmjCD0tO9h1iCHbO_r4E 951"></script>

keg in kc 10-12-2013 12:35 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vplaoENqdiE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

unlurking 10-12-2013 07:18 PM

Liked season 2 the best so far. Looking forward to season 3 now that they're on the road again.

Craqhead 10-12-2013 08:22 PM

Like this series. Can't wait for season 4 to start.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-10-2014 03:15 PM

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yk0g2OR9H50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch 03-10-2014 03:42 PM

Finally got caught up on Aprime.

Glad I did. I thought after the first few eps of season 2 it really got better.

keg in kc 04-21-2014 06:24 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JIx8EvxqPug?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bevischief 04-22-2014 10:32 AM

Can't wait.

notorious 04-22-2014 11:29 AM

Less family moments, more hard edge, please.

blaise 04-22-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10578132)
Less family moments, more hard edge, please.

Yes. Less of the youngest son.

And less, "Dad gets teary eyed," moments.

keg in kc 06-22-2014 06:01 PM

Just realized it's back on tonight.

arrowheadnation 06-22-2014 07:22 PM

I've stuck with it this long, and there isn't squat on in the summertime, so I'm gonna keep going.

arrowheadnation 06-22-2014 07:28 PM

So are we to believe from the promo video above that the smoking hot blonde chick is
Spoiler!

OldSchool 06-22-2014 08:58 PM

I stopped watching after the first episode in season 3. Why are some of the characters so annoyingly stupid and irrational? I want to catch up though, is it worth powering through the idiocy?

Kman34 06-23-2014 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10709306)
I stopped watching after the first episode in season 3. Why are some of the characters so annoyingly stupid and irrational? I want to catch up though, is it worth powering through the idiocy?

No...But I have watched it from the beginning and not sure if I'm going to stick with it. Storylines are getting stupid.

notorious 06-24-2014 07:30 PM

I don't know what to think.

Fish 06-25-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10713252)
I don't know what to think.

Yeah. Same here. The beginning of the episode was a whirlwind mess. Like 3 minutes of everyone being happy and loving life, then disaster, then a 4 month jump in time in which everything is completely different. JFC...

It felt rushed and forced. Like they didn't plan any of this shit when writing the end of the last season.

Who knows. I'll keep watching cause I'm a sucker for cheesy scifi....

blaise 06-25-2014 09:41 AM

It's definitely cheesy. To the point of being cornball.

Kman34 06-25-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 10714167)
It's definitely cheesy. To the point of being cornball.

The Neo Nazis kids class is what confused me. Looks like Hitler Youth uniforms.
How did the aliens make all those matching uniforms with their little claw hands.

ShowtimeSBMVP 06-30-2014 02:52 PM

This season is starting out real slow.

unlurking 06-30-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 10715410)
The Neo Nazis kids class is what confused me. Looks like Hitler Youth uniforms.
How did the aliens make all those matching uniforms with their little claw hands.

Yeah, it's not like they had access to a bunch of kids they could throw into sweat shops. Oh. Wait.

:)

notorious 06-30-2014 05:19 PM

They let Tom walk around and see everything inside their ship.

This show can have some major moments of stupidity from time-to-time.

unlurking 06-30-2014 06:39 PM

Haven't started this season yet, figure I'll wait until the end and binge if it gets good. Been a real up and down show for me.

keg in kc 07-20-2014 10:23 AM

Missed it during my never-ending Destiny marathon, but apparently renewed on Friday for a final 10-episode season in 2015: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/18/fa...-final-season/

How is this season? They're on sitting on my dvr but I haven't watched them for some reason.

bevischief 07-20-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10755925)
Missed it during my never-ending Destiny marathon, but apparently renewed on Friday for a final 10-episode season in 2015: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/18/fa...-final-season/

How is this season? They're on sitting on my dvr but I haven't watched them for some reason.

Starts slow but it is picking up.

Fish 07-20-2014 07:43 PM

Shit is all over the place this season. I'm not sure what to think. Still watching cause I'm a sucker for scifi.

Lzen 07-21-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10756921)
Shit is all over the place this season. I'm not sure what to think. Still watching cause I'm a sucker for scifi.

This. The whole narrative with Lexi being some super powered alien/human hybrid is lame. But the other stuff is okay.

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-27-2014 10:59 PM

Last 2 have been really good.

keg in kc 08-13-2014 04:56 AM

Finally caught up, just one episode behind now. My thoughts are that everything with Tom and any of his sons has been good (although the youngest is still annoying if he's onscreen more than 3 seconds), and that anything with Moon Bloodgood or Lexi I just want to fast forward through. A little surprised they took a scythe to the cast last week although I think it could be good for the show. Is it wrong that I all but cheered when Lourdes died? Had basically gotten to the point where I couldn't stand that character. Anyway, not a bad season, seems about on par with the rest of the show's run.

Tribal Warfare 08-31-2015 08:23 PM

Series finale was last night, and to me it was a cop out too. It could've been really hard edged if they allowed Ann to die. Another gripe was they didn't make the queen or the build up to it as dire, threatening, and personal as it should've been.

Silock 09-01-2015 01:07 AM

Weak ending.

Bweb 09-04-2015 10:42 AM

The last 2 seasons sucked and the finale really sucked! Why did I waste my time with such crap!! :cuss: :banghead: