ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Steve Carrell leaving 'The Office' after next season. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230042)

lcarus 02-29-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 8405840)
I've found the last couple of episodes to be hilarious. Neither of them had anything to do with Robert California

FTR, I've enjoyed his character this year. But I'm a pretty big James Spader fan

Yeah the episode where they first arrived in Florida was pretty good. "Did I say Messina?" lol.

Overall though, the show should probably end soon. It's nowhere near the quality of the first few seasons. The only episode that I really really found hilarious post-Carell was the hour long Christmas episode when Jim and Dwight had the snowball war. That was post-Carell wasn't it?

blaise 02-29-2012 01:12 PM

"Is this March Madness? I love March Madness!"

Buns 02-29-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8407771)
Yeah the episode where they first arrived in Florida was pretty good. "Did I say Messina?" lol.

Overall though, the show should probably end soon. It's nowhere near the quality of the first few seasons. The only episode that I really really found hilarious post-Carell was the hour long Christmas episode when Jim and Dwight had the snowball war. That was post-Carell wasn't it?

That was "Classy Christmas" featuring Michael Scott as Santa Bond.

SuperChief 02-29-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virtua Chief (Post 8407824)
That was "Classy Christmas" featuring Michael Scott as Santa Bond.

When Holly came back. Classic stuff, there.

Sure-Oz 02-29-2012 08:00 PM

Last few episodes have been pretty good but where else can you take the show? The main characters are hitched pretty much or gone

lcarus 03-01-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8407801)
"Is this March Madness? I love March Madness!"

No that's uh...in March. rofl

Thig Lyfe 03-01-2012 10:52 AM

The show's still good for a few laughs per episode, but overall, it's gotten really, really bad. I'm watching purely out of loyalty at this point. Okay, and maybe morbid curiosity.

BigMeatballDave 03-02-2012 04:01 AM

Very good episode last night.

CoMoChief 03-02-2012 05:27 AM

Show has really died down since Carrell left. I'm not so big on the rise of Andy Bernard personally. Kinda liked it when he was crazy in the earlier seasons. Here are ways to at least make it a little more funny...

Need more nonchalant type dark comedy from Creed.

Need more drunken Meredith (hilarious in a gross way).

Less Darryl please, I just don't like his character.

Less Toby. Toby is just a horrible now. I know it's his character in the show is supposed to be like that, but he might be the worst character on all of TV, but again that's why Michael Scott hated him on the show and I realize it's all part of the act. It's just old now that Michael Scott has left.

More of Ryan shitting on Kelly....that dude's hilarious.

More Todd Packer. One thing great about these past few episodes is that he's been a big part in many of them. I like how he still "queers" on Jim Halpert. LOL

I hope Pam gets hot again. I would love to see her and Angela scissor each other in real life.

lcarus 03-02-2012 11:25 AM

The biggest problem with the show now is Erin. She's not funny. At all.

blaise 03-02-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8412271)

Really? I like most of her scenes. Gabe makes me laugh, too.

CoMoChief 03-02-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8412271)

She's cute though....in a show where their hottest star got chunky.

Angela can clean up well, and she's hot when not playing her character on the office.

SuperChief 03-02-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8412704)

Angela can clean up well, and she's hot when not playing her character on the office.

Angela is REALLY hot when not in character and scowling all the time.

lcarus 03-02-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8412704)

Hot? Definitely. She's just annoying to me most of the time though.

RockChalk 04-23-2012 12:25 PM

So anyone think that Andy is really "fired"?

BigMeatballDave 04-23-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 8560716)
So anyone think that Andy is really "fired"?

No.

This may be a lead up to Dwight's departure, provided the spin-off rumor is true.

This was a very good episode.

RockChalk 04-23-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8560720)
No.

This may be a lead up to Dwight's departure, provided the spin-off rumor is true.

I liked the last two quite a bit. Wasn't crazy about the episodes dealing with the "store opening" in Florida. But it's back on track now.

SuperChief 04-23-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8560720)
No.

The spin-off rumor is no longer rumor; it was confirmed by Rainn Wilson on Leno a few weeks ago.

blaise 04-23-2012 01:41 PM

They've been doing better with Jim's character. The British lady has about run her course.

RockChalk 04-23-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8560910)
They've been doing better with Jim's character. The British lady has about run her course.

Agree with both points

|Zach| 04-23-2012 07:12 PM

I have been enjoying the show. It isn't as good as it has been or anything but still usually pretty damn funny.

blaise 04-23-2012 07:38 PM

I get the feeling Mindy Kaling is basically the show's driving force right now.

|Zach| 04-23-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8561722)
I get the feeling Mindy Kaling is basically the show's driving force right now.

Agreed.

Sure-Oz 04-23-2012 10:36 PM

Apparently the whole cast wants to return for season 9 but its up to NBC

BigMeatballDave 04-23-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 8562250)
Apparently the whole cast wants to return for season 9 but its up to NBC

Yeah. I cant find anything on whether NBC has renewed it for next season.

keg in kc 04-23-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8561608)
I have been enjoying the show. It isn't as good as it has been or anything but still usually pretty damn funny.

I think I'm still enjoying it more than the last couple of michael scott seasons.

|Zach| 04-23-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8562277)
I think I'm still enjoying it more than the last couple of michael scott seasons.

Not sure if this makes sense but...

I think there was a higher floor but lower ceiling to those episodes.

These days it feels like sometimes (not a lot) an episode simply doesnt work but the funny ones are realllly good.

keg in kc 04-23-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8562282)
Not sure if this makes sense but...

I think there was a higher floor but lower ceiling to those episodes.

These days it feels like sometimes (not a lot) an episode simply doesnt work but the funny ones are realllly good.

That might be it. The ones that bomb now are pretty terrible, but the ones I like I really like.

|Zach| 04-23-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8562286)
That might be it. The ones that bomb now are pretty terrible, but the ones I like I really like.

I really liked the one where they go to Robert's post divorce man cave.

I love him in small doses as well.

"Why is Jim treating the magician poorly?"

arrowheadnation 04-24-2012 12:42 AM

So does Angela and their love child go with Dwight to wherever he goes?

blaise 05-03-2012 10:37 PM

The last two Office episodes have been better than the last 2 Parks and Rec. I'm pretty tired of the city council election arc.

BigMeatballDave 05-04-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8593383)
The last two Office episodes have been better than the last 2 Parks and Rec. I'm pretty tired of the city council election arc.

Yeah, they've really dragged that out.

Great show though.

lcarus 05-05-2012 11:34 AM

Maybe I need to give Parks & Rec a chance? I always viewed it as an Office wannabe, but now that The Office is rarely worth watching anymore (though I still do) maybe I should check it out. I know it's the same writers from The Office's early days right? Or producers? I really didn't like Amy Poehler on SNL.

blaise 05-05-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8595929)
Maybe I need to give Parks & Rec a chance? I always viewed it as an Office wannabe, but now that The Office is rarely worth watching anymore (though I still do) maybe I should check it out. I know it's the same writers from The Office's early days right? Or producers? I really didn't like Amy Poehler on SNL.

I wasn't an Amy Poehler fan either, but she's good on Parks and Rec. Season 2 was great.

BigMeatballDave 05-05-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8595929)

Watch it but start at the beginning. It's awesome. Its on Netflix.

lcarus 05-06-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8596123)
Watch it but start at the beginning. It's awesome. Its on Netflix.

Yeah I just watched the first episode on Netflix. Not that great, but it's just the pilot. I'll give it a chance. I know there's no way it can be as good as The Office was in its early seasons, so I won't expect that. I love Rashida Jones though, so even if I don't find the show very funny, at least I get the luxury of looking at her.

BigMeatballDave 05-06-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8597329)
Yeah I just watched the first episode on Netflix. Not that great, but it's just the pilot. I'll give it a chance. I know there's no way it can be as good as The Office was in its early seasons, so I won't expect that. I love Rashida Jones though, so even if I don't find the show very funny, at least I get the luxury of looking at her.

Season 1 isn't great.

Season 2 is awesome.

lcarus 08-31-2012 09:51 AM

So The Office is ending after this last season. They said they are gonna "unmask the Scranton Strangler" lol. Who do you all think it could be? Gabe? The dude is ****ing weird to say the least. Creed? A side character like Roy? Should be interesting. The show has gone downhill really since Carell left, and even before then somewhat. But I'm interested to see how they end things. I love series finales of shows I've watched for a long time.

Reaper16 08-31-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8867899)
So The Office is ending after this last season. They said they are gonna "unmask the Scranton Strangler" lol. Who do you all think it could be? Gabe? The dude is ****ing weird to say the least. Creed? A side character like Roy? Should be interesting. The show has gone downhill really since Carell left, and even before then somewhat. But I'm interested to see how they end things. I love series finales of shows I've watched for a long time.

Can't be Gabe, cuz he was originally from Florida, right? He only went to Scranton after Dunder-Mifflin was acquired by Sabre.

mikeyis4dcats. 08-31-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Angela

Buck 08-31-2012 10:34 AM

It's gotta be Mose.

lcarus 08-31-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8867964)
Can't be Gabe, cuz he was originally from Florida, right? He only went to Scranton after Dunder-Mifflin was acquired by Sabre.

Gabe's first episode was season 6 episode 15 and the Scranton Strangler was first mentioned in season 6 episode 17. Of course they inferred that the killer had been doing his thing for a while so yeah it wouldn't really make sense if it was Gabe. He would be a perfect candidate though...

DJ's left nut 08-31-2012 10:52 AM

Wait...I thought the Scranton Strangler was in jail and stuff. Didn't Toby serve on his jury? And didn't he also say it was a guy?

Doesn't seem like it could be anyone from the cast - they'd have to be in jail (i.e. written out). David Wallace is the best bet I can come up with - he kinda went crazy in season 6(ish). Wait - Roy would also be a pretty great option: Out of the series, violent temper, bottomed out, etc...

I'm going with Roy.

Predarat 08-31-2012 10:55 AM

Hope they bring back Michael Scott for the series finally.

lcarus 08-31-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8868037)
Wait...I thought the Scranton Strangler was in jail and stuff. Didn't Toby serve on his jury? And didn't he also say it was a guy?

Doesn't seem like it could be anyone from the cast - they'd have to be in jail (i.e. written out). David Wallace is the best bet I can come up with - he kinda went crazy in season 6(ish). Wait - Roy would also be a pretty great option: Out of the series, violent temper, bottomed out, etc...

I'm going with Roy.

Yeah Toby said he believed they convicted the wrong man. Then Greg Daniels said they were going to actually unmask the real Scranton Strangler this season lol. So I assume it will be somebody known.

SuperChief 08-31-2012 11:41 AM

I'm REALLY pumped for this season. Now that they officially know that this is the last season, it'll hopefully tie up all loose ends and everything. I'm very much hoping for a Michael/Holly reunion episode (maybe she's pregnant? or they get married?)

blaise 08-31-2012 12:59 PM

Jan got pretty crazy.

DJ's left nut 08-31-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8868116)
Yeah Toby said he believed they convicted the wrong man. Then Greg Daniels said they were going to actually unmask the real Scranton Strangler this season lol. So I assume it will be somebody known.

Ah...I was in and out (mostly out) last season, so I must've missed that part.

Seems pretty contrived, IMO.

CoMoChief 08-31-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8868407)
Jan got pretty crazy.

jan is hot

Red Brooklyn 08-31-2012 05:13 PM

This is the right move. I love the show, but it's time to end it.

I give shows a lot of shit for always rehashing and bringing up all the old shit they possibly can before they say goodbye... but... Michael Scott HAS to appear in an episode. He just HAS to.

Tribal Warfare 08-31-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

So The Office is ending after this last season. They said they are gonna "unmask the Scranton Strangler" lol. Who do you all think it could be? Gabe? The dude is ****ing weird to say the least. Creed?

Michael ( in a bad Southern Accent) I declare you are suspect in a murder

Then Creed immediately goes back to the parking lot to get to his car then peals out.

Rain Man 08-31-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8869060)
Michael ( in a bad Southern Accent) I declare you are suspect in a murder

Then Creed immediately goes back to the parking lot to get to his car then peals out.

That made me roll with laughter.

It could be Creed, though that would disappoint me since he's perhaps my favorite character on the show.

It really should be that really nasty guy who's the road salesman.

BigMeatballDave 08-31-2012 05:50 PM

Yeah, its time to end it. I will certainly miss it.

Another show that needs to wrap up is How I Met Your Mother.

Rain Man 08-31-2012 06:08 PM

I don't watch it regularly, but I sure don't see a reason to end it. Even if you think it's gone downhill, it's still going to be better than 95 percent of television's offerings.

I really don't think any good show should be ended until the day they introduce a small child into the cast. That is the true and unerring indicator that a show is done.

Tribal Warfare 08-31-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8869070)
That made me roll with laughter.

It could be Creed, though that would disappoint me since he's perhaps my favorite character on the show.

It really should be that really nasty guy who's the road salesman.

Danny Cordray (Timothy Olyphant's character)

Captain Obvious 08-31-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8869124)
Danny Cordray (Timothy Olyphant's character)

I think he's referring to Todd Packer.

Tribal Warfare 08-31-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious (Post 8869497)
I think he's referring to Todd Packer.

I know, but that would be the curveball that if it's Pam's old crush

Sure-Oz 09-01-2012 10:12 AM

Def. going to miss the office but it's run its course. Hope they go out with a bang

DaFace 09-02-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 8870188)
Def. going to miss the office but it's run its course. Hope they go out with a bang

I bet they bring back Michael for the finale.

DJay23 09-02-2012 11:15 AM

I read in an article with a producer or writer or some such that Michael Scott will only come back if Steve Carell is comfortable with it. He has said that he was happy with the exit his character made and the writers wouldn't want to ruin that for him.

DaFace 09-02-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 8872587)
I read in an article with a producer or writer or some such that Michael Scott will only come back if Steve Carell is comfortable with it. He has said that he was happy with the exit his character made and the writers wouldn't want to ruin that for him.

I could see that I guess. Still, you wouldn't think it'd take much to have him in the final shot somehow. Even if it's just him and Holly talking to the team on Skype or something, you'd think it'd be cool to have him in there. But who knows.

Red Brooklyn 09-02-2012 10:39 PM

I had a dream that Michael had the entire office rigged on web-cams so that he could watch everything they do. All the time.

lcarus 09-25-2012 03:41 PM

Anyone watch the season premiere last week? I thought it was decent. Still...without Steve Carell it just isn't right. I love Dwight but he can't carry the show by himself. The other side characters just aren't that funny anymore. I'm still looking forward to the final season though.

|Zach| 09-25-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8950576)
Anyone watch the season premiere last week? I thought it was decent. Still...without Steve Carell it just isn't right. I love Dwight but he can't carry the show by himself. The other side characters just aren't that funny anymore. I'm still looking forward to the final season though.

See I thought his character was completely played out and the exit was good timing.

loochy 09-25-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8873493)
I had a dream that Michael had the entire office rigged on web-cams so that he could watch everything they do. All the time.

I had a dream last night where I was hooking up with Jan but in public she pretended that she didn't like me even though she wanted it bad.

lcarus 09-25-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8950853)
See I thought his character was completely played out and the exit was good timing.

The whole show was played out. He was still the funniest character for me. I wish he would have just stayed for the last two seasons.

loochy 09-25-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8950993)
The whole show was played out. He was still the funniest character for me. I wish he would have just stayed for the last two seasons.

The show lost its burst without Michael Scott

|Zach| 09-26-2012 01:01 AM

Robert California injected a lot into that show. I really enjoyed last season.

WoodDraw 09-26-2012 01:17 AM

I find the Australian girl annoying. The whole talk to the documentary team seems a bit weird to me, but I guess they're setting up the ending. It's definitively an American series ending and not British.

blaise 09-26-2012 05:26 AM

I thought this previous episode was funny. I though Parks and Rec last week was just barely ok.

Predarat 09-26-2012 07:29 AM

No Cali this season, hope they do bring back some past characters. Actually tomorrow they bring back Pams ex.

blaise 09-26-2012 07:30 AM

Pam looking much better this year.

lcarus 09-26-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8951565)
Robert California injected a lot into that show. I really enjoyed last season.

I felt like they didn't really know what to do with his character. I must have missed the episode/s last season where Sabre left the picture. How is David Wallace back in charge now? What happened to Robert California? Will he be back or is he done?

blaise 09-26-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8952045)
I felt like they didn't really know what to do with his character. I must have missed the episode/s last season where Sabre left the picture. How is David Wallace back in charge now? What happened to Robert California? Will he be back or is he done?

Andy went to Wallace's house. Wallace made a bunch of money off one of his inventions. Andy told Wallace that they both knew Dunder Mifflin was poorly run, that it could make money, and Wallace should buy Dunder Mifflin and turn a profit.

CoMoChief 09-26-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8951605)
I thought this previous episode was funny. I though Parks and Rec last week was just barely ok.

The more Andy and Ron Swanson the better IMO

CoMoChief 09-26-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8951708)
Pam looking much better this year.

thank god.....they need more eye candy on that show.

Angela "can be" hot at times.

loochy 09-26-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8952139)
thank god.....they need more eye candy on that show.

Angela "can be" hot at times.

I'd wreck Erin dude

blaise 09-26-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8952233)
I'd wreck Erin dude

Yeah, I'm a big fan.

Baby Lee 09-26-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

I'd wreck Erin dude

It seemed to me that Ellie Kemper hottied it up even more than Amy Poehler this past offseason.

CoMoChief 09-26-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

I'd wreck Erin dude

oh yeah forgot about her.......she looked amazingly hot in the last episode. Better than normal.