ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Walt Disney World (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133525)

Lzen 07-08-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog (Post 4833166)
Mission:Space is definitely not for everyone....in fact I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who gets dizzy easy or car sick easy. Plus if you have any physical ailments it only amplifies the problems. Test Track is great...I rode it several times. Unlike you I ejoyed Soarin' especially since I got to sit on the top row where the effect is felt the most. And Ellen's Energy Adventure was more enjoyable that I thought it would be. Since your stay there was abbreviated you probably missed Maelstrom which is in the Norway Pavilion and American Pavilion replete with the Fife and Drum Corp. The renovation that was done on Spaceship Earth actually made it disappointing...if you haven't done it once before, I would recommend seeing it, but a 2nd visit isn't worth it.

mmaddog

I forgot to mention Spaceship Earth. Yeah, we thought that one was okay. Rode it a couple of times. It was kind of funny to see our futures. ;)

Lzen 07-08-2008 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog (Post 4833186)
Disney Hollywood Studios is the real enigma of all the Parks....it can't get an identity and that is what hurts it. The Star Wars ride, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, The Stunt Car Show, Hollywood Tower of Terror, and Aerosmith Roller Coaster and Muppets in 3-D are about all that is there for entertainment. Everything else is pretty mild...this is the park I enjoy the least.

mmaddog

Oh man, I forgot to do the Muppet show. I really wanted to catch that one. Every other one of those we did and enjoyed.

Lzen 07-08-2008 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog (Post 4833204)
I assume you rode the Safari first thing in the AM....that is when the animals are most active, mostly because they are being fed. The Tree of Life is so cool...and even more fun to pick out all the animals that are interwoven together in the carvings. The Bugs Life is fun, but it really does scare many little ones, especially at the end (you know what I mean). Expedition Everest is not for anyone scared of roller coasters, but must be ridden at least once. The Kali River Rapids are a ride best enjoyed when you want to cool down, and is another ride that guarantees you WILL leave it wet. My son and I ride the Dinosaur ride at least 3 times when we go. But if you have back or neck problems I wouldn't suggest trying it. You didn't mention the Primeval Whirl in DinoLand...did you ride it? That was actually pretty fun even though it was in an area that is populated with mostly kid oriented rides.

mmaddog

Yes, Safari was the first thing we did so that we would be able to see active animals. Thanks for that advice, btw.
We rode the Dinosaur ride about 2 or 3 times. I really enjoyed it.
I did not like the Primeval Whirl at all. It was to jerky and really didn't spin around at all until you were already half way through the ride.

Lzen 07-08-2008 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4833441)
Agreed on that. They keep the lines moving well. I love that most all of the rides have interactive lines too.

Sure wish Walmart would do that with their checkout lines. heh

The problem with Walmart is that they do have interactive lines. It's just all geared toward women. When was the last time you saw a men's magazine while waiting int he checkout line?
4321 Walmart!

Lzen 07-08-2008 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 4833995)
Really? Epcot is, by far, my favorite of the 4 parks.

I thought Epcot was one of the best, as well. To each his own, I guess.

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4834074)
Which one is Splash Mountain? What does it do exactly?

Splash mountain is a water ride where you go through a long, somewhat boring stretch similar to 'It's a small world' on a smaller scale and southern based. Then at the end you have a big, outdoor drop which more than makes up for the first part of the ride.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06...shmountain.jpg

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4834078)
Oh man, I forgot to do the Muppet show. I really wanted to catch that one. Every other one of those we did and enjoyed.

Muppet's 3D is great. I've seen it countless times and still enjoy it!

Lzen 07-08-2008 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 4834106)
Splash mountain is a water ride where you go through a long, somewhat boring stretch similar to 'It's a small world' on a smaller scale and southern based. Then at the end you have a big, outdoor drop which more than makes up for the first part of the ride.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06...shmountain.jpg

Oh, that one. Yes, we rode that. It was alright. We also liked that train roller coaster ride. Oh, and another thing we liked about the Magic Kingdom is the parades. We caught the afternoon parade and the night parade (with all the lights).

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4834141)
Oh, that one. Yes, we rode that. It was alright. We also liked that train roller coaster ride. Oh, and another thing we liked about the Magic Kingdom is the parades. We caught the afternoon parade and the night parade (with all the lights).

Yes, Thunder Mountain is an oldie-but-goodie. Hopefully you were able to catch the laser show at Epcot and Fantasmic at TPFKA-MGM.

Lzen 07-08-2008 08:30 AM

Main Street Magic Kingdom

1 Attachment(s)
First walking into Magic Kingdom. My daughter and niece at the bottom of the pic.

Lzen 07-08-2008 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 4834147)
Yes, Thunder Mountain is an oldie-but-goodie. Hopefully you were able to catch the laser show at Epcot and Fantasmic at TPFKA-MGM.

Yes and yes. They were both pretty cool.

Lzen 07-08-2008 08:33 AM

Waiting in line at the Buzz Lightyear ride

1 Attachment(s)
My nephew (blonde) and my middle son standing in front of Buzz.

Lzen 07-08-2008 08:34 AM

Afternoon parade down Main Street

1 Attachment(s)
Caught Mickey looking right at us.

Lzen 07-08-2008 08:35 AM

Night parade

1 Attachment(s)
Me holding my daughter on my shoulders watching the night parade.

Lzen 07-08-2008 08:36 AM

Another pic of the night parade

1 Attachment(s)
All the lighting was really cool for the young ones.

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4834163)
My nephew (blonde) and my middle son standing in front of Buzz.

Did you make them wear Jayhawk gear everyday? :p

Lzen 07-08-2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 4834174)
Did you make them wear Jayhawk gear everyday? :p

Those boys have been brought up properly. I don't have to make them wear it. They choose to wear it. :D The funny thing is that my nephew has been raised by my in laws. My FIL is a KSU graduate. ROFL

Lzen 07-08-2008 08:49 AM

Hollywood Studios - Tower of Terror

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the dreaded Tower of Terror. Duh duh duuuuuhhhhh!!!! BTW, this ride is really fun. That is, if you don't mind being dropped several stories in an elevator and back up again and dropped several times, at random, in the dark. I think we must have ridden this one about 3 or 4 times. :)

Lzen 07-08-2008 08:53 AM

Waiting in line at the Tower of Terror

1 Attachment(s)
BTW, I am gonna post a lot of these pics for people who may not have seen Disney. This year was my first time and I was impressed.

Here is a bit of what Disney is all about with their rides. It's not just waiting in line. There is a lot of stuff to keep you interested. Their rides are themed.
Note: Universal Studios is the same way.
This is a pic inside the Tower of Terror before you get on the ride.

Lzen 07-08-2008 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another pic inside the Tower.

Silock 07-08-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog (Post 4833810)
Backstage tours are expensive....if you are looking for something inexpensive and fun try the Chip-N-Dale Campfire Sing Along at Fort Wilderness one evening. About the only cost is food/drinks if you don't take it yourself. You get the chance to roast marshmallows, have a sing-along, and see 1 or 2 Disney movies all outdoors. Bring a blanket and sit on the ground or sit in the bleachers.

Depending on the time of year, go to Downtown Disney in the evening. There is usually some type of free entertainment at the stage area near the World of Disney Store. Go early enough, buy some ice cream at Ghiradelli's Ice Cream Parlor and crowd watch waiting for the evening festivities.

If you just want to kill an evening and not spend any money and are staying on property, take a tour of all the Disney hotels. The most interesting is the Animal Kingdom Lodge, where you can sit out back of the hotel around a small campfire. Occasionally you will catch a glimpse of one of the animals in the savannah.

One of the fund things to do at each resort is search for the "hidden Mickey's" that are in each resort. A couple of the resorts make a game out of it for the kids, replete with clues to their whereabouts and a prize for locating all of them at the resort.

If you have some time and don't mind forking over $40 you can rent a boat and go out on the Seven Seas Lagoon that is in front of The Magic Kingdom.

These are just a few of the inexpensive things that you can do...if these are your cup of tea, send me a PM telling me what you are specifically looking for and I can help you.

mmaddog

The boat thing sounds neat. The main thing is that we all want to do something unusual.

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The car stunt show was really cool. Definitely try to catch this if you go to Hollywood Studios.

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
More car stunts.

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple of pics for Goat Boy. The Star Tours ride wasn't half bad.

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:08 AM

Fantasmic

2 Attachment(s)
Most of the pics of the Fantasmic show didn't come out too well. Here are a couple of the better ones. This show is also worth seeing. As an added benefit, it gives you a chance to sit down for awhile and rest. That was much needed after an entire day of walking around and standing in lines in mid 90s heat and humidity.

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:10 AM

Hollywood Studios - High School Musical show

2 Attachment(s)
The wife took the girl to see the High School Musical show. Thank goodness I was on another ride with the boys and didn't have to endure this. My little girl loves it, though. She got up there and danced with them.

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And if that wasn't enough proof, check out the shirt.

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:12 AM

I'll post some more pics later. I still have a ton from Animal Kingdom. Not really much from Epcot for some reason.

CoMoChief 07-08-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4834264)
I'll post some more pics later. I still have a ton from Animal Kingdom. Not really much from Epcot for some reason.

Epcot sucks. By far the worst park there.

Mr. Plow 07-08-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 4834219)
The boat thing sounds neat. The main thing is that we all want to do something unusual.

Gay Days?

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 4834278)
Epcot sucks. By far the worst park there.

I've been to all of the parks many many many times, and I highly disagree.

Silock 07-08-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 4834294)
Gay Days?

I said "unusual."

Silock 07-08-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 4834335)
I've been to all of the parks many many many times, and I highly disagree.

Agreed.

My faves:
1a. Animal Kingdom
1b. Epcot
3. Magic Kingdom
4. MGM

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 4834389)
Agreed.

My faves:
1a. Animal Kingdom
1b. Epcot
3. Magic Kingdom
4. MGM

I probably have it:

1. Epcot
2. Magic Kingdom
3a. Animal Kingdom
3b. MGM

Animal Kingdom has some really cool stuff but it gets a lower rating from me mainly because there are some great zoos around here. Hopefully they continue to add rides.

Silock 07-08-2008 11:14 AM

Yeah, not too many great zoos in the KC area. Best is Omaha, but that's kinda far away.

ct 07-08-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog (Post 4833173)
The problem with most people that go is that they refuse to enjoy the parks like they are kids. The Magic Kingdom is meant to be enjoyed like you aren't an adult....but most people have a pole stuck up their butt and can't do that.

QFT

Just got back from a 10 day trip a couple weeks ago. Had an awesome time!! Only my teenage son did not enjoy the trip, but he's just too cool for WDW, so it wasn't a surprise. He brought his best friend with him, and even he had a good time.

We got to be Grand Marshalls of the Main St. parade, that was damn cool! Cheesy as hell, but great fun! Not sure who enjoyed it more, my 2 kids (the younger ones, 10 and 7, not the teen) or my wife, who's a bona fide Disney nutcase (in a good way :).

007 07-08-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4834074)
Which one is Splash Mountain? What does it do exactly?

How did you NOT see that one? It is right next to Big Thunder Mountain.

It is basically like the Viking Voyage at Worlds of fun but on steroids. Guess you could also compare it to Small World with the big drop at the end if it annoys you. heh

007 07-08-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4834078)

That one was great but can't touch Philharmagic at all.

Lzen 07-08-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4834880)
How did you NOT see that one? It is right next to Big Thunder Mountain.

It is basically like the Viking Voyage at Worlds of fun but on steroids. Guess you could also compare it to Small World with the big drop at the end if it annoys you. heh

Ummm.....I guess you missed this post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4834141)

007 07-08-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4834084)
The problem with Walmart is that they do have interactive lines. It's just all geared toward women. When was the last time you saw a men's magazine while waiting int he checkout line?
4321 Walmart!

Yeah, but then they would be called sexist.

Friendo 07-08-2008 01:33 PM

fwiw--the two restaurants I highly recommend are Boma, at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (buffet-style--domestic and native foods) the breakfast was the best I've ever had bar-none, and the Retro-cafe?? at Disney Studios (formerly MGM)---like stepping back into mom's kitchen in the fifties--the kids loved both.

Lzen 07-08-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4834896)
That one was great but can't touch Philharmagic at all.

Philharmagic? Which park was that? Don't believe we saw that.

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4834907)

Magic Kingdom. It's excellent.

007 07-08-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 4834294)
Gay Days?

Surprisingly it was not too bad. Unfortunately they had the primary color of red so you know exactly who and where they were all the time. It was a damn sea of red. Thank God I didn't wear my red shirt that day.:doh!:

Lzen 07-08-2008 01:37 PM

Speaking of restaurants....
I didn't try this place but my in-laws did on the day that we drove to Lakeland to visit our friends. Apparently, Fort Wilderness has a buffet place up by the boat dock. According to them, it is horrible. The layout is terrible and the pricing is really high.

Lzen 07-08-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4834914)
Surprisingly it was not too bad. Unfortunately they had the primary color of red so you know exactly who and where they were all the time. It was a damn sea of red. Thank God I didn't wear my red shirt that day.:doh!:

I'm surprised it wasn't pink and green.

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friendo (Post 4834906)
fwiw--the two restaurants I highly recommend are Boma, at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (buffet-style--domestic and native foods) the breakfast was the best I've ever had bar-none, and the Retro-cafe?? at Disney Studios (formerly MGM)---like stepping back into mom's kitchen in the fifties--the kids loved both.

It's called the 50's Prime Time Cafe and it's a dining experience. :)

007 07-08-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4834907)

Sorry to say, you really missed out on by far the BEST 3D show in all the parks. I went back to watch it again I enjoyed it so much. It is back by Peter Pan.

007 07-08-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4834923)
I'm surprised it wasn't pink and green.

If you didn't know going in it was Gay Days, I would imagine most people would have been oblivious to it.

Friendo 07-08-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 4834926)
It's called the 50's Prime Time Cafe and it's a dining experience. :)

thanks :thumb: it's easy to cynical about some things Disney, but I always check mine at the door.

The Franchise 07-08-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4834195)
Here is the dreaded Tower of Terror. Duh duh duuuuuhhhhh!!!! BTW, this ride is really fun. That is, if you don't mind being dropped several stories in an elevator and back up again and dropped several times, at random, in the dark. I think we must have ridden this one about 3 or 4 times. :)

Hotel Tower of Terror is a great ride!

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4834937)

Unfortunately, it used to be MUCH MUCH better. :harumph:

007 07-08-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 4834937)

Tower of Terror bores me. heh After you ride it once, it just loses its appeal.

Aerosmith Rockin roller coaster was excellent though.

Friendo 07-08-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 4834940)

I've always heard Halloween is a great time at the park--have you ever been then?

007 07-08-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 4834940)

:spock:
It's been the same thing since inception.

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4834944)
:spock:
It's been the same thing since inception.

You're obviously mistaken.

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friendo (Post 4834943)
I've always heard Halloween is a great time at the park--have you ever been then?

I've never been to Disney during Halloween nor have I attended Universal's Halloween Horror Nights.

Last year I went to Busch Garden's Howl-O-Scream and it was interesting.

007 07-08-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 4834946)
You're obviously mistaken.

I rode it in 95 and then again this year. I didn't notice anything different. What are you referring to?

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4834955)
I rode it in 95 and then again this year. I didn't notice anything different. What are you referring to?

They've tinkered many times over the years with the number of drops, the frequency of dropping, how far you drop and whether the "elevator" shakes or not.

When it first opened you would get raised up, the doors would open and you'd be staring at a darkened wall that looked to be covered by ficus. Then you'd drop. A good drop. Next you'd be raised all the way to the top, the doors would open and you'd look out on the entire park. And you'd look. And you'd look. THEN YOU'D DROP. All the way down. A great drop.

Now you drop more often, but they're much smaller drops and the frequency is nearly constant such that you don't really get that "stomach rising" sensation. You also don't get to "look out" anymore. You go up, the doors open (or are already open) and before they're all the way open you're dropping again.

Friendo 07-08-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 4834950)
I've never been to Disney during Halloween nor have I attended Universal's Halloween Horror Nights.

Last year I went to Busch Garden's Howl-O-Scream and it was interesting.

I took my kids to W'burg Busch Gardens for Halloween one year--they spook it up pretty good starting about dusk. The teens at the park really get into it--I recall walking towards a wall to take a sit-break, and my 8 year old son was beside me. The (apparent) inanimate clown sitting on the wall winked at me as my son and I sat down, he next to this "clown". After a few moments, this clown suddenly turned and hissed flashing a wicked toothy grin at him. I thought my son had pissed his pants, and he nearly knocked me over trying to backpedal. We still get a charge out of that. I recommend one of these fright nights to any who love Halloween!

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friendo (Post 4834974)
I took my kids to W'burg Busch Gardens for Halloween one year--they spook it up pretty good starting about dusk. The teens at the park really get into it--I recall walking towards a wall to take a sit-break, and my 8 year old son was beside me. The (apparent) inanimate clown sitting on the wall winked at me as my son and I sat down, he next to this "clown". After a few moments, this clown suddenly turned and hissed flashing a wicked toothy grin at him. I thought my son had pissed his pants, and he nearly knocked me over trying to backpedal. We still get a charge out of that. I recommend one of these fright nights to any who love Halloween!

Yeah, they do a good job. They had a bunch of "haunted houses" setup throughout the park and each was different and well done. They also had "haunt zones" setup such that you couldn't walk from one part of the park to any other without passing through at least one of these zones. The makeup and costumes were great.

007 07-08-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 4834969)
They've tinkered many times over the years with the number of drops, the frequency of dropping, how far you drop and whether the "elevator" shakes or not.

When it first opened you would get raised up, the doors would open and you'd be staring at a darkened wall that looked to be covered by ficus. Then you'd drop. A good drop. Next you'd be raised all the way to the top, the doors would open and you'd look out on the entire park. And you'd look. And you'd look. THEN YOU'D DROP. All the way down. A great drop.

Now you drop more often, but they're much smaller drops and the frequency is nearly constant such that you don't really get that "stomach rising" sensation. You also don't get to "look out" anymore. You go up, the doors open (or are already open) and before they're all the way open you're dropping again.

I did notice that we didn't get up high enough to really see out the doors. I guess I do kind of remember the drop being longer. Probably why I really didn't enjoy it this year. With it being 13 years, I couldn't really remember anything but dropping a few times.

What made this memorable for me this year was my 6 year old exclaiming "That was SO not fun" after it ended. ROFL

Lzen 07-08-2008 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My other nephew and my other son. We were waiting in line for the safari that morning.

The got bored at Magic Kingdom (eh - teenagers), but I think they liked all the other parks.

Lzen 07-08-2008 02:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The tree.

Lzen 07-08-2008 02:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hippos and crocs, and rhinos, oh my!

I thought it was really cool that we were up close to these wild animals.

Lzen 07-08-2008 02:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this tree lady a real person or animatronic? I could not tell.

Lzen 07-08-2008 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mmmmmmm, delicious turkey legs.

Lzen 07-08-2008 02:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Expedition Everest was another one of the really cool rides, IMO. You go up into the mountain on the train (roller coaster) in search of the Yeti, a.k.a. abominable snowman. The fun starts when you find him. :)

Lzen 07-08-2008 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They even had a petting zoo. Don't ask me what my nephew was about to do to this goat.

007 07-08-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4835038)
They even had a petting zoo. Don't ask me what my nephew was about to do to this goat.

BAAAAAaaaaaaaaROFL

Lzen 07-08-2008 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is another example of how they conceal what their rides are from the outside. The only thing this ride says is Dinosaur Institute. It is the travel back in time to the Jurassic Era and get chased by dinos that want to eat you ride.

TinyEvel 07-08-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4835016)
Is this tree lady a real person or animatronic? I could not tell.

That's a lady in a costume on stilts with hand stilts also.

Did you see her bush? ;)

Lzen 07-08-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 4835226)
Did you see her bush? ;)

ROFL

Chiefnj2 07-08-2008 03:32 PM

I thought the tower of terror had random drops.

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 4835338)
I thought the tower of terror had random drops.

Now it does. The ride was better when it first opened and the drops, while not random, were longer and setup better.

Amnorix 07-08-2008 04:00 PM

We're pretty locked into going the week BEFORE Thanksgiving. Anyone been there around that time? Crowded or not? I'd think not (which is a big part of the point of going then...).

Got 2 little ones -- 7-1/2 and 4-1/2 years old at that point.

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 4835407)
We're pretty locked into going the week BEFORE Thanksgiving. Anyone been there around that time? Crowded or not? I'd think not (which is a big part of the point of going then...).

Got 2 little ones -- 7-1/2 and 4-1/2 years old at that point.

I've gone the week of Thanksgiving a few times and it's always been fun. Not too crowded, so I doubt the week prior will draw larger crowds. It CAN get cold (especially at night) during that time of the year, so stay on top of the forecasts and at least pack windbreakers. That's a great age to take the kids. We went a few times with my 2 little cousins when they were ages 2-7 and they LOVE Disney World. At that age their favorite park will undoubtedly be Magic Kingdom and then probably Animal Kingdom.

The one bummer is the "Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights" at TPFKA-MGM doesn't open until Nov. 28th this year. That's usually a great night-time activity late November - early January.

LocoChiefsFan 07-08-2008 05:32 PM

Lzen, it sure looks like you stole all my pics from my trip. We had a great time, but we will never go back in June or any other summer month. It was humid as hell. Here's my pic of the ToT.
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...O/100_1685.jpg