ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Peyton “looked real good” throwing to new Broncos teammates (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257791)

Pasta Little Brioni 03-29-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8502676)
"He could play a game. We've done it, we've simulated games, and he's done well. He's going to do nothing but get stronger and going to play up to his standards," Cutcliffe said Thursday in a phone interview with The Denver Post. "I know that's his goal, and there isn't any reason, there is no indicator otherwise."

"He can make all the throws, his release times are perfect, and we pay a lot of attention to that. It's arm speed and getting rid of it. His velocity is good. It's just a matter of, like any other NFL football player, you've got to feel good," Cutcliffe said. "He's in great shape. Not good shape, great shape, and that's part of what we did here as well."

Manning picked the Broncos on March 19 and signed a five-year contract worth up to $96 million a day later.

Since joining the Broncos, Manning has remained in Denver and he has begun working out at a local high school with teammates Eric Decker, Julius Thomas and J.D. Walton. Manning is continuing his neck rehab at Dove Valley with Broncos head trainer Steve Antonopulos and strength coach Luke Richesson.

http://www.denverpost.com/manning-good-to-go-says-cutcliffe

:cuss:

ROFL Get back to me after Hali once again rapes Clady and has him eating grass.

talastan 03-29-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8502705)

That's what we need to do, petition EA to put Manning on the cover this year!!! BRILLIANT!!!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Xyh9W-lb1DTu8g

Pasta Little Brioni 03-29-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talastan (Post 8502769)
That's what we need to do, petition EA to put Cassel on the cover this year!!! BRILLIANT!!!

:titus:

SPchief 03-29-2012 08:58 PM

So how do they simulate having a bad Oline?

Dave Lane 03-29-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 8503374)

Hire Barry Richardson.

Quesadilla Joe 03-29-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 8503374)

The Donks would have been better off spending their money on the OL like we did. Every Chiefs fan knows that you shouldn't even bother getting a franchise QB until you have at least 3 first team All Pros on the OL.

Stupid Donks

Setsuna 03-30-2012 12:31 AM

I guess DT doesn't like what they did to Tebow since he isn't out there with Manning. Maybe he gets traded to the Jets.

mikey23545 03-30-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8503577)
The Donks would have been better off spending their money on the OL like we did. Every Chiefs fan knows that you shouldn't even bother getting a franchise QB until you have at least 3 first team All Pros on the OL.

Stupid Donks

Felcher.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-30-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8503673)
I guess DT doesn't like what they did to Tebow since he isn't out there with Manning. Maybe he gets traded to the Jets.

Quit calling that piece of shit DT.

BigChiefFan 03-30-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8503464)
Hire Barry Richardson.

:D

Setsuna 03-31-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8505545)

Oh my bad. I didn't even notice the meaning. I apologize about that.

Mile High Mania 03-31-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8505545)

:rolleyes:

MagicHef 03-31-2012 11:52 AM

Also, if you have a son, don't even think about naming him Derrick. That would just be disrespectful.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-31-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8506780)
:rolleyes:

Well, it's true.

Setsuna 03-31-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 8506798)
Also, if you have a son, don't even think about naming him Derrick. That would just be disrespectful.

:LOL:

bevischief 03-31-2012 01:00 PM

Is that code for butt hurt?

MagicHef 03-31-2012 02:52 PM

Now that it think about it, it was extremely insensitive of the Chiefs to draft someone who:

A) is a linebacker
B) is named Derrick
C) goes by his first and last initials
D) is good

How many of you are as outraged by this as I am?

Quesadilla Joe 04-09-2012 08:24 PM

Decker says there’s “no question” Peyton’s arm is fine

Three weeks ago, quarterback Peyton Manning decided to join the Broncos amid questions regarding his arm strength. Receiver Eric Decker now says that Manning’s arm is plenty strong.

Decker told ESPN Radio’s Colin Cowherd that there’s “no question” Manning has the arm strength to play in the NFL.

“The guy’s still throwing the ball a long time, throwing it great, hitting you in the right spot,” Decker told Cowherd. “He’s such a perfectionist. If he hits you in the belly button, he gets mad at himself for not hitting you in the chest. It’s unbelievable to be around a guy who has those standards for himself.”

Decker has been working out with Manning, something that players are permitted to do before the start of the formal offseason program.

“When I got to meet him face to face, the guy is just a class act,” Decker said of his first encounter with Manning. “A different person. [It's] special to be around a guy of that stature and his ability to play football.”

Decker raved about Manning’s work ethic. “In workouts, in the weight room — I mean the guy’s jogging from station to station. He’s working like he’s a 23-year-old free agent coming out of college. The way he talks about football, the way he runs drill work, routes, everything’s gotta be perfect and there’s no gray area. I think that, as a receiver, [is] the best thing about it. You got a leader that demands the best out of you because he gives the best he’s got.”

It’s hard not to view the words of Decker and any other member of the Broncos through the Tebow prism. Though no one is insulting the team’s former quarterback, the raving about Peyton implies a certain level of discomfort with his predecessor. Or possibly more comfort with the four-time MVP who will now be throwing the ball far more accurately than Tebow ever did.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-arm-is-fine/

Bwana 04-09-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8528655)

One more hard hit from retirement, dude.

http://pnptoday.com/wp-content/uploa...on-manning.jpg

Quesadilla Joe 04-09-2012 08:40 PM

You could say the same thing about any player in the league. Manning's doctors have told him that he is at no greater risk to a neck injury than anybody else.

Bwana 04-09-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8528737)
You could say the same thing about any player in the league. Manning's doctors have told him that he is at no greater risk to a neck injury than anybody else.

Time will tell.

Hammock Parties 04-09-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

http://i44.tinypic.com/25p5wt4.jpg

GESteve 04-09-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8495096)
I was driving my daughter and two nephews back to SLC from Denver this past weekend and with the boys being big Bronco fans and my daughter and I being Chiefs fans, we were having a bit of fun back and forth with the Manning acquisition.

Anyway, we got to the point where my ten year old daughter says to her cousin:

"You know Tamba Hali?"

and the boy responds:

"Peyton Manning is going to get smoked."

Rep!!!

L.A. Chieffan 04-09-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

See avatar.

lcarus 04-09-2012 10:15 PM

Hali and Houston are gonna sandwich this big-foreheaded shitstain so hard Belladonna will be jealous.

mr. tegu 04-09-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8529318)
See avatar.

Dr. Nick did the procedure? I could have sworn Peyton got the best Doctor money could buy. I think if I remember correctly it was some guy named Dr. Kevorkian.

RealSNR 04-10-2012 12:12 AM

Good. I have a feeling Donks/Chiefs games are going to be something fierce and ugly again. A HOF QB with something to prove going up against a coach and a defense he can't seem to figure out.

I'm predicting another split series as usual for these two teams, only this time each will be a hard-fought slug match instead of the usual cripple fight it's been the past several seasons.

talastan 04-10-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8529318)
See avatar.

Or my avatar. DIAF Forehead-man!

madmike 04-10-2012 07:43 AM

People forget that in 2010 Manning had a horrible season in comparison with his previous production throwing 33 tds and 17 ints with only 6.9 yards an attempt his lowest since his rookie year. I don't see him bouncing back well after taking a year off and having to work with the crappy donkey WR corps. Not to mention Mcgahee is gonna be alot worse without the help of Tebow.

Quesadilla Joe 04-10-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmike (Post 8529738)
People forget that in 2010 Manning had a horrible season in comparison with his previous production throwing 33 tds and 17 ints with only 6.9 yards an attempt his lowest since his rookie year. I don't see him bouncing back well after taking a year off and having to work with the crappy donkey WR corps. Not to mention Mcgahee is gonna be alot worse without the help of Tebow.

The Colts were decimated by injuries in 2010 and Manning himself was playing through knee and neck injuries. Manning said at his Donkey press conference that his body feels fresher than it has in years. Jerry Rice and Tom Brady both came back strong after missing a full year late in their career, Peyton Manning should be no different.

Saul Good 04-10-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8529765)
The Colts were decimated by injuries in 2010 and Manning himself was playing through knee and neck injuries. Manning said at his Donkey press conference that his body feels fresher than it has in years. Jerry Rice and Tom Brady both came back strong after missing a full year late in their career, Peyton Manning should be no different.

Tom Brady was younger than Peyton, and Rice was never the same.

BigCatDaddy 04-10-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8529765)

I'm sure he does feel fresher since he hasn't taken a hit it in a year and a half. The test will be how does he hold up once he does start getting smashed.

Quesadilla Joe 04-10-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8529781)
Tom Brady was younger than Peyton, and Rice was never the same.

Rice had four 1,000 yard seasons after his knee injury. That's damn good for a WR coming off a torn ACL at the age of 35.

TheGuardian 04-10-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8529795)
Rice had four 1,000 yard seasons after his knee injury. That's damn good for a WR coming off a torn ACL at the age of 35.

Rice had 3 1000 yard seasons after 35. But he was never the same player he was before that, where he could stretch a defense and be a threat anywhere on the field. He became mostly a short route, possession WR. Rice was also the greatest of all time, so he's an exception, not the rule.

You are clearly disregarding the age factor here. Manning is 36. He might have this season left in him as far as "good" goes, but he's not going to give the Donkeys more than a good season and a half more than likely.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-10-2012 08:48 AM

Like Decker is going to say anything other than he looks good throwing the football. Hell, after watching Tebow sling the rock, Cassel would like like a hall of famer in comparison.

Quesadilla Joe 04-10-2012 08:56 AM

Manning is also among the greatest of all time. And John Elway was in much worse shape at age 36 than Manning is, nobody got beat up more than Elway and Elway had some of his best years at the ages of 37 and 38.

QB's nowadays - especially pocket passers like Manning - can play at a high level into their 40's because of how the league protects the QB.

BigCatDaddy 04-10-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8529837)
Manning is also among the greatest of all time. And John Elway was in much worse shape at age 36 than Manning is, nobody got beat up more than Elway and Elway had some of his best years at the ages of 37 and 38.

QB's nowadays - especially pocket passers like Manning - can play at a high level into their 40's because of how the league protects the QB.

Elway had a MUCH MUCH better supporting cast at that time.

Despite the hate on the guy Favre could have been the toughest SOB to ever step foot on the football field. Do you really think Manning could handle at 30 what Favre did at 40?

Mile High Mania 04-10-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8529837)

Tap the brake a bit.... those Broncos' teams in Elway's final years were 10X better than what the Broncos have right now. The OL, RB, WR, TE and all around DEF were better. That's not to say this Broncos' team lacks talent, but keep it in perspective.

beach tribe 04-10-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8529854)
Tap the brake a bit.... those Broncos' teams in Elway's final years were 10X better than what the Broncos have right now. The OL, RB, WR, TE and all around DEF were better. That's not to say this Broncos' team lacks talent, but keep it in perspective.

Seriously?

This is knowmo we're talking about here.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-10-2012 09:15 AM

He didn't regress at all in Madden!!!

Quesadilla Joe 04-10-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8529849)
Elway had a MUCH MUCH better supporting cast at that time.

Despite the hate on the guy Favre could have been the toughest SOB to ever step foot on the football field. Do you really think Manning could handle at 30 what Favre did at 40?

Yeah Elway had a top 5 OL, a top 2 TE, and a top 5 RB in NFL history. Nobody is arguing that. He was still beat all to hell and almost had to retire because of a bicep injury

Manning is a tough SOB. He played with that neck injury for 4 years and was making a run at Favre's consecutive games played record.

Saul Good 04-10-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8529795)

Exactly. He was good for an old brokedick, but "good for an old brokedick" =/= "great". He wasn't a difference maker.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-10-2012 09:41 AM

VONDOOM will end Manning's career with an accidental dual power up pass rush in training camp.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-10-2012 09:42 AM

"Manning looks great. He hit me on a 10 yard curl in shorts with no defenders. Can't remember the last time I've seen that."/Decker.

vailpass 04-10-2012 11:04 AM

I love how every year KC fan honestly believes his team is going to be bad-ass even though they are coming off a string of shit seasons.
Respect.

InChiefsHeaven 04-10-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8530146)
I love how every year KC fan honestly believes his team is going to be bad-ass even though they are coming off a string of shit seasons.
Respect.

Hope Springs Eternal bitches!!

From the 50, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!

vailpass 04-10-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8530163)
Hope Springs Eternal bitches!!

From the 50, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!

:thumb:
I'm counting on that just as much as you are.

Predarat 04-10-2012 11:10 AM

Peyton will be looking real good on the IR list.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-10-2012 11:13 AM

Caleb Hanie is tearing it up in practice, we won't miss a beat!!/Uknowwho

LoneWolf 04-10-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8529903)
Yeah Elway had a top 5 OL, a top 2 TE, and a top 5 RB in NFL history. Nobody is arguing that. He was still beat all to hell and almost had to retire because of a bicep injury

Manning is a tough SOB. He played with that neck injury for 4 years and was making a run at Favre's consecutive games played record.

Please zip up your pants. Your homer is showing.

Oh, and your a welching bitch.

talastan 04-10-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8530146)
Respect.

The funny thing is we win the division for a second year straight had we blocked one FG, or had Haley been canned sooner. All of this in spite of our abortion at QB, and losing three of our top playmakers on the team. So yes we do feel like this team is bad-ass. If we got a decent QB, we are winning this division outright. We're competing just like you for the division crown even with Casshole behind center.

TheGuardian 04-10-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8529903)

Terrell product-of-a-system Davis isn't a top 5 anything except candidate for total knee replacement.

JFC you're ****ing stupid.

vailpass 04-10-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 8530169)
Peyton will have a better season than Cassell even if he spends it on the IR list.

fixy

vailpass 04-10-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talastan (Post 8530199)
The funny thing is we win the division for a second year straight had we blocked one FG, or had Haley been canned sooner. All of this in spite of our abortion at QB, and losing three of our top playmakers on the team. So yes we do feel like this team is bad-ass. If we got a decent QB, we are winning this division outright. We're competing just like you for the division crown even with Casshole behind center.

IF

I hear you though.

vailpass 04-10-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8530207)
Terrell product-of-a-system Davis isn't a top 5 anything except candidate for total knee replacement.

Steroids have really messed you up haven't they? You say completely ridiculous things that appear to be fueled by aggression. Do you slobber a lot?

RealSNR 04-10-2012 11:43 AM

Broncos have a HOF QB. Chiefs got all this new talent and a head coach who wasn't a golfer in a past life.

And guess what will happen?

A 1-1 series split as usual. That's just the nature of this rivalry.

vailpass 04-10-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8530238)
Broncos have a HOF QB. Chiefs got all this new talent and a head coach who wasn't a golfer in a past life.

And guess what will happen?

A 1-1 series split as usual. That's just the nature of this rivalry.

Absolutely.

GordonGekko 04-10-2012 03:44 PM

Pretty sure the Chiefs have an unspoken of 'bounty' on Mr. Manning. The dude should of retired.

ShowtimeSBMVP 06-03-2012 03:11 PM

Evan Silva‏@evansilva

Notable for Peyton Manning's future: Don Banks reported in Feb. that the #Colts org was convinced a 5th neck surgery is "nearly inevitable."

In58men 06-03-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8655632)
Evan Silva‏@evansilva

Notable for Peyton Manning's future: Don Banks reported in Feb. that the #Colts org was convinced a 5th neck surgery is "nearly inevitable."

One good hit and it could happen

Ugly Duck 06-03-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8494719)
To the extent that you can tell anything from a still photo of a guy throwing a pass in sweats and a T-shirt, Manning looks pretty much like he has always looked.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/p...ing-news-1.gif

ThaVirus 06-03-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Evan Silva‏@evansilva

I hate to root for injury, but that's perfect. I've got $50 bucks riding on the Chiefs winning the division over the Broncos.

Quesadilla Joe 06-03-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Evan Silva‏@evansilva

Why are you posting six month old rumours?

Manning is healthier than he has been in half a decade, the media has nothing to write about until training camp starts.

BigMeatballDave 06-03-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8655807)

Manning is healthier than he has been in half a decade, the media has nothing to write about until training camp starts.

Why are you a flaming cock gobbler?

Sorter 06-03-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8530207)

Woah. I think TD was an awesome back. Yes, he played ina favorable system (zone blocking +Elway+Sharpe) Doesn't mean the guy wasn't a BAMF when he was healthy. Hell of a life story too. Definitely made the most of his opportunities.

WV 06-03-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Your getting this from his doctors? Surely the Broncos would be forth coming with his actual health status. :rolleyes:

BossChief 06-03-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Hahaha

This is knows welching bitch ass crying inside.

BigChiefFan 06-03-2012 05:44 PM

Twiggy gets snapped into pieces.

The neck bone is connected to the elbow bone.

The Bad Guy 06-03-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

It was posted today, ****stick.

Sorry, old ass QBs aren't healthier after multiple neck surgeries compared to how they were in their prime with no injury.

Quesadilla Joe 06-03-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8655850)
It was posted today, ****stick.

Sorry, old ass QBs aren't healthier after multiple neck surgeries compared to how they were in their prime with no injury.

So?

It is still s 6 month old rumor that was started at a time when Irsay and Manning were in a PR battle.

He got the surgery to fix an issue he had been dealing with since 2007. He is rejuvinated and still has at least 3 more years in his prime.

BigChiefFan 06-03-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8656187)
So?

It is still s 6 month old rumor that was started at a time when Irsay and Manning were in a PR battle.

He got the surgery to fix an issue he had been dealing with since 2007. He is rejuvinated and still has at least 3 more years in his prime.

3 more years in his prime?? Hah. That shipped has sailed.

Chief3188 06-03-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8656187)
So?

Ahhh nothing like 4 neck surgeries to rejuvenate a 36 year old QB huh fellas?

Quesadilla Joe 06-03-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8656191)
3 more years in his prime?? Hah. That shipped has sailed.

I would agree if Manning was drafted in the 80's but Manning played in an era where QB's are protected. Brady, Brees, and Manning can play at an elite level into their 40's.

Chief3188 06-03-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8656224)
I would agree if Manning was drafted in the 80's but Manning played in an era where QB's are protected. Brady, Brees, and Manning can play at an elite level into their 40's.

Yet all 3 mentioned have had serious injuries that required surgery. We won't see any of them playing productively in their 40's.

Quesadilla Joe 06-03-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief3188 (Post 8656235)
Yet all 3 mentioned have had serious injuries that required surgery. We won't see any of them playing productively in their 40's.

Good point. I still think Elway and Favre took more of a pounding than Manning, Brady, and Brees have.

Chief3188 06-03-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8656251)
Good point. I still think Elway and Favre took more of a pounding than Manning, Brady, and Brees have.

Fair enough. Favre did take a beating throughout his career but yet there he was on the field the next series after series. Elway definitely took some punishment but he made a living avoiding the rush.

ShowtimeSBMVP 06-12-2012 04:15 PM

Peyton Manning says he still has work to do
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 12, 2012, 6:11 PM EDT
Peyton Manning AP

On the list of things Denver coach John Fox is worried about, Twitter pictures of playbooks are low on the list.

Maybe the notably conservative coach is relaxed because his quarterback continues to make good progress.

Peyton Manning told USA Today’s Jim Corbett he feels good after a Monday check-up with Broncos doctors, but stressed he was not yet 100 percent.

“I still have a lot of work to do,” Manning said. “I continue to rehab. I have work to do and progress that I still need to make.”

Corbett’s report said Manning showed good velocity, completing a 30-yard pass to Demaryius Thomas during practice. But Manning pumped the brakes, probably hesitant to get anyone’s hopes too high after a year off.

“I can’t emphasize enough that I still have rehab to do,” Manning said. “That’s still part of the process.”

The Broncos are doing everything they can to make Manning comfortable, even inviting his old offensive coordinator Tom Moore to practice (Moore and Fox worked together in Pittsburgh in 1989).

And if Manning can continue to make progress, Fox might be so happy he’ll start Tweeting himself.

Okie_Apparition 06-12-2012 04:22 PM

Some mountain goat roadkill broth is the elixir

Saul Good 06-12-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8675304)
Peyton Manning says he still has work to do
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 12, 2012, 6:11 PM EDT
Peyton Manning AP

On the list of things Denver coach John Fox is worried about, Twitter pictures of playbooks are low on the list.

Maybe the notably conservative coach is relaxed because his quarterback continues to make good progress.

Peyton Manning told USA Today’s Jim Corbett he feels good after a Monday check-up with Broncos doctors, but stressed he was not yet 100 percent.

“I still have a lot of work to do,” Manning said. “I continue to rehab. I have work to do and progress that I still need to make.”

Corbett’s report said Manning showed good velocity, completing a 30-yard pass to Demaryius Thomas during practice. But Manning pumped the brakes, probably hesitant to get anyone’s hopes too high after a year off.

“I can’t emphasize enough that I still have rehab to do,” Manning said. “That’s still part of the process.”

The Broncos are doing everything they can to make Manning comfortable, even inviting his old offensive coordinator Tom Moore to practice (Moore and Fox worked together in Pittsburgh in 1989).

And if Manning can continue to make progress, Fox might be so happy he’ll start Tweeting himself.

If Manning read CP, he would know that he's healthier than he's been in half a decade. What a dumbshit.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-12-2012 05:11 PM

He'll be bossing Herm Fox around like a hoss and owning that offense in short time!!