ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Carnival Cruise Ship Stranded For 3rd Day - Sewage "Running Down The Walls" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269963)

Chief Pote 02-14-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semen (Post 9402409)
I FINALLY received a call from my wife and she said mostly the same thing. Is there poop running down the walls in some cabins? Yes. Are they rationing water? Yes. Is there only cold food? Yes. It could be worse, but my wife was mostly concerned about walking through the muck for the last few days and she has developed a cough. A good shower, hot food, and a checkup and she should be back in business. Gonna be a long day til they are off the ship though.

Carnival better plan to "retire" that ship...nobody will ever want to schedule a shitty vacation on that floating trap. Been on my last cruise...I felt as though I was trapped on a floating Walmart store.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-14-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9402365)
You are a grade A asshole. Karma's a bitch, and so are you.

Yeah, that's a pretty dick move.

DaKCMan AP 02-14-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefButthurt (Post 9402460)
Carnival better plan to "retire" that ship...nobody will ever want to schedule a shitty vacation on that floating trap. Been on my last cruise...I felt as though I was trapped on a floating Walmart store.

Yeah.... somehow I just don't see them scrapping their half a billion dollar asset.

memyselfI 02-14-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9398946)
You have to admit this guy does have a pretty shitty job!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JGfXiIXTpE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OMG, this is from one of my all time favorite movies. Great stuff. LMAOLMAOLMAO

memyselfI 02-14-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefButthurt (Post 9402460)

No pun intended? ROFLROFLROFL

Bearcat 02-14-2013 11:14 AM

Great news, Monty. :clap:

Rain Man 02-14-2013 11:18 AM

So monty, did she answer the key question? Did anyone on the ship resort to cannibalism?

Iowanian 02-14-2013 11:19 AM

It is taking a lot of self control to not compose a poem about the valentine's day that returned a wife to a husband after being adrift on the high seas with Jake and the Neverland Pirates for several days.

Glad she's about home Monty.

ptlyon 02-14-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9402514)
So monty, did she answer the key question? Did anyone on the ship resort to cannibalism?

I have a feeling HE will in some minor form when she gets back

bevischief 02-14-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9400282)
You don't want people in New Orleans eating their shellfish and saying, "This tastes like corn on the cob from a buffet."

Well they aren't complaining of it tasting like oil either...

bevischief 02-14-2013 11:31 AM

Great news, Monty.

Monty 02-14-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9402514)

Nope, but she did say that there were tent city groups, one in the library, etc., so it's undetermined at this point because each "tribe" keeps to themselves.

Monty 02-14-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9402531)
I have a feeling HE will in some minor form when she gets back

Hey, this is a family forum!

Err, wait...never mind. LMAO

Monty 02-14-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9402518)
It is taking a lot of self control to not compose a poem about the valentine's day that returned a wife to a husband after being adrift on the high seas with Jake and the Neverland Pirates for several days.

Glad she's about home Monty.

Do it!!!

Old Dog 02-14-2013 12:50 PM

If you really want to keep an eye on it, here's a link of it being towed to port

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/cvp...ive/cvpstream3

Old Dog 02-14-2013 12:57 PM

Now they're saying it may not dock until 8pmish tonight, but customs agents were taken out to sea this morning to board and have everyone through customs before they actually arrive in Mobile

Rain Man 02-14-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9402844)
Now they're saying it may not dock until 8pmish tonight, but customs agents were taken out to sea this morning to board and have everyone through customs before they actually arrive in Mobile

Do they have to declare their bags of feces?

ptlyon 02-14-2013 01:31 PM

Somehow I don't think they will be handing out "please rate your stay" cards to people as they file off the boat

Iowanian 02-14-2013 02:35 PM

Hee Ho Here you go.

Captured by gulf coast pirates
drifting hopelessly at sea
I've been dreaming for your quick return
from the SS minnow you soon will flee.

We'll hug and say I've missed you
I'll be waiting near by in the car
I've got something like a wooden leg
to welcome home your rusty star.

My Castaway Valentine
My heart has ached for you.
While you were tanning on the upper deck
my balls have turned 3 shades of blue.

But if you should not make it back in time
There are 2 reasons I'll be fine
while roses may be red, and violets are blue
a case of beer is cheaper than dinner just for 2

When you disembark the Jolly Roger
walk with dignity and class
But Soon I'll use my One eyed pirate
To knock the barnacles from your ass.

I'm glad you're at home, stop talking..
now remove those soiled clothes.
Tonight I'd better wear a condom
Or I might shoot it out your nose.

ptlyon 02-14-2013 02:39 PM

My lord Iowa, you should be on Americas got talent!

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 04:38 PM

This is so ****ing great.

http://deadspin.com/5984377/stranded...someone-aboard

Quote:

Two people were banging in my tent the first night and I watched I was so bored.

Y'all better be enjoying your Valentine's flowers while we're defecating in red plastic bags.

People are spelling "HELP" with their bodies. Our theme song has been Alicia Keys: "This Boat Is On Fire."

Rain Man 02-14-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9402911)
Somehow I don't think they will be handing out "please rate your stay" cards to people as they file off the boat

Do you increase or decrease the standard tips in this situation? You obviously didn't have a great experience, but at the same time your cabin steward was carrying off bags of your feces. It's a tipping conundrum.

CoMoChief 02-14-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9403381)
Do you increase or decrease the standard tips in this situation? You obviously didn't have a great experience, but at the same time your cabin steward was carrying off bags of your feces. It's a tipping conundrum.

Well they run your CC through for a tip percentage or some shit...so no matter what they're getting money from you.

Monty 02-14-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9403068)
Hee Ho Here you go.

Captured by gulf coast pirates
drifting hopelessly at sea
I've been dreaming for your quick return
from the SS minnow you soon will flee.

We'll hug and say I've missed you
I'll be waiting near by in the car
I've got something like a wooden leg
to welcome home your rusty star.

My Castaway Valentine
My heart has ached for you.
While you were tanning on the upper deck
my balls have turned 3 shades of blue.

But if you should not make it back in time
There are 2 reasons I'll be fine
while roses may be red, and violets are blue
a case of beer is cheaper than dinner just for 2

When you disembark the Jolly Roger
walk with dignity and class
But Soon I'll use my One eyed pirate
To knock the barnacles from your ass.

I'm glad you're at home, stop talking..
now remove those soiled clothes.
Tonight I'd better wear a condom
Or I might shoot it out your nose.

Pure greatness!!!

Molitoth 02-14-2013 07:11 PM

Iowanians rep points has to be incredible by writing these poems.
awesome.

Hootie 02-14-2013 07:19 PM

question

is it gay for a group of single dudes to go on a cruise together or...?

does this happen? I'm just thinking of vacation ideas...lots of puss on cruise ships easy to get or...what?

lemonade

BigMeatballDave 02-14-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9403779)
question

does this happen? I'm just thinking of vacation ideas...lots of puss on cruise ships easy to get or...what?

lemonade

Not if it's a hetero singles cruise.

Hootie 02-14-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9403797)
Not if it's a hetero singles cruise.

sweet

those exist?

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Dude, chicks on cruise ships are easy prey.

In fact they're almost ALL looking to get ****ed.

As soon as they step on board the inhibitions go flying out to sea. People are running game in the lines to get on the ship.

TribalElder 02-14-2013 07:40 PM

Well, I guess this one goes in the "should not go on a cruise ever" side of the argument.

That would be the suck

Hootie 02-14-2013 07:43 PM

Meh.

That's like saying you won't fly because an airplane crashed once.

DaKCMan AP 02-14-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9403802)
Dude, chicks on cruise ships are easy prey.

In fact they're almost ALL looking to get ****ed.

As soon as they step on board the inhibitions go flying out to sea. People are running game in the lines to get on the ship.

Remind us how many cruises you've been on.

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9403858)
Remind us how many cruises you've been on.

I've been on 3 and hooked up 6 times.

Chicks are mad horny for davy jones dick

DaKCMan AP 02-14-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9403859)

http://blog.silver-peak.com/wp-conte...networking.jpg

Deberg_1990 02-14-2013 09:29 PM

Ships been coming into dock for about the past 30 minutes. They are about to offload. ,live coverage on CNN.

Rain Man 02-14-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9403859)

Isn't the average age of single cruise women about 70?

I guess widows are an easy target, though.

Deberg_1990 02-14-2013 09:34 PM

This guy filling in for Anderson on CNN tonight is horrible. I've seen better anchors on Entertainment Tonight.

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9403864)

Dude, ask around. Those boats are full of orgies and EVERYONE'S INVITED.

Ok, I lied. I've never been on a cruise. But that's what I was told. :evil:

GloryDayz 02-14-2013 09:47 PM

The nice thing about being in the Navy, and Subs to boot, is I never have to worry about the desire to go float around on a big white skimmer! I know it's not the same thing, but I'm pretty sure I can get all the "love of the sea" I want/need, and scuba diving (the only real vacation for me) from the shores of some tropical place. The constant buffet thing just doesn't appeal to me in the least...

As for the filth, I guess I'm at a bit of a loss for how it happened. I'm not sure how many pissers and shitters Arrowhead has for 80K screaming people, but I'm sure had they sent a significant number of Johnny-on-the-spots out there, it might have put a pretty big dent in the problem. Not perfect, but sheesh, not need to piss int he halls! Did I miss that or something?

KC_Connection 02-14-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

question

The Trailer Park Boys did it (well...except Ricky who went back to jail). That's as far as I know about it.

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 09:55 PM

Here's the story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylegacy412 (Post 156249768)
i ****ed so many girls raw dog on the spring break cruise to mexico last year. ****ing threesomes and gangbangs and shit. that was hella fun

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accordinly Done (Post 156252096)
It's really crazy how girls act once their on the boat. Shit we were running game in the line onto the boat. If your not a fat neckbeard loser you're getting pussy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylegacy412 (Post 156250270)
moral of story
cruise ships are a good place to **** lots of hot whores.

even my fat friend pulled some super hot milfs all week

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accordinly Done (Post 156251936)
Truth. I've been on many spring break cruises to Mexico and ****ed so many randoms. I remember getting jerked off at Carlos and Charlie's. I've had the best times of my life banging sluts on cruises. It feels good

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylegacy412 (Post 156252229)
My best friend and I had the 4 hottest girls on the boat back in our room before we even left port.

Girls asked if we'd buy em drinks. I laughed and said no but ill pour u a drink in my room. Bam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accordinly Done (Post 156252406)
Sounds exactly like my trips. We each got 2 cases of beer on the boat and tons of bottles. It's like we were selling contraband in prison for sex

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylegacy412 (Post 156250395)
i was about to bang this girl before dinner and we had to use her room for w/e reason i cant remember

she says no no no we can't because my sister could come in at any time.

i told her lets use the deadbolt cuz the key cards dont undo the dead bolt (i was actually being sincere when i said that, but i was incorrect)

so when she stepped out of the room with her key card to test it while i was on the inside of her room, the deadbolt opened and she said, see told ya!

i told her i hadn't locked the door yet and told her to try again, then i just held the door closed.

she was so excited she practically flew back into the room with her dress off and we ****ed.

as im creampieing this bitch, i look at her and say, i gotta tell you something :hsugh: i held the door closed when you tried to open it. :bowrofl:

she pushed me off and ran into her bathroom.

i got dressed and as i walked out of her room just said, ok thanks for the sex ill see you at dinner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accordinly Done (Post 156252654)
Eat drink gamble swim drink eat gamble karaoke drink club ****. Lather rinse repeat for 5 nights

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accordinly Done (Post 156252745)
Getting off the boat and getting your luggage is the biggest walk of shame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylegacy412 (Post 156252761)
I was proud, but depressed it was over

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accordinly Done (Post 156252785)
Reality is a bitch when you get off. Nagging gf,5 day hangover, emails, work.

Fish 02-14-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9404294)
Here's the story.

:facepalm:

Yeah.... totally sounds truthful dog.... Reality is a bitch when you get off. For sure... Dog...

Tombstone RJ 02-14-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9404259)
The nice thing about being in the Navy, and Subs to boot, is I never have to worry about the desire to go float around on a big white skimmer! I know it's not the same thing, but I'm pretty sure I can get all the "love of the sea" I want/need, and scuba diving (the only real vacation for me) from the shores of some tropical place. The constant buffet thing just doesn't appeal to me in the least...

As for the filth, I guess I'm at a bit of a loss for how it happened. I'm not sure how many pissers and shitters Arrowhead has for 80K screaming people, but I'm sure had they sent a significant number of Johnny-on-the-spots out there, it might have put a pretty big dent in the problem. Not perfect, but sheesh, not need to piss int he halls! Did I miss that or something?

Crap Cruise? Shit Cruise? Shit-Can Cruise? What's not to love about getting on a 7 story floating hotel that looses power and can't even pump out the sewage into the damn sea?

You'd think they'd have a contingency for that right?

silver5liter 02-14-2013 10:17 PM

Ship has finally reached land in Mobile Alabama

Rain Man 02-14-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9404357)
Ship has finally reached land in Mobile Alabama

Upon learning that they were in Alabama, the passengers then requested that the ship return to sea.

Tombstone RJ 02-14-2013 10:24 PM

Why didn't they just tow it to the closest port? Did Carnival just want to make sure everyone suffered for as long as possible?

Bugeater 02-14-2013 10:28 PM

Nice...Carnival is making them take a vow of silence in order to get transportation.

Hootie 02-14-2013 10:30 PM

I have a pretty nice success rates with 19-22 at the bars I frequent...it's nice being 27 and looking more like 23...they always find it really creepy when I finally admit I'm not 23 and that I'm 27 though.

Hootie 02-14-2013 10:32 PM

although they are always like 'omg why are you at [this bar] in champaign?!'

and I'm like.."uhm, do you really think only STUDENTS (part time residents) of Champaign, IL are the only people in Champaign, IL?"

It's like these morons don't realize there are jobs and "townies" in IL. I've been going to these bars since these 18 year olds were in grade school.

It's not my fault that I haven't grown up/aged to where I look 30.

Shit my last girlfriend was 22 and I was at her sister's keg party (19 year olds) just last week...and it was aaaaawesome.

Yes, my friends make fun of me a lot.

Hootie 02-14-2013 10:37 PM

my bigger friend (he used to weigh like 400 now he's down to like 300) has never really had any luck with girls in his entire life...

we go to this new bar on campus (new bar with the same name it used to have in a shittier location) every Wednesday for karaoke (he's really good/funny at karaoke) and I kid you not, he brings home a different "treat" every week (almost every week).

He used to be the 'omg I hate campus bar' guy...now he gets pissed when we go to "adult" bars (women are so much uglier from 25-35 than they are from 19-23).

AND LESS EASY

AND...if you are still single and 25 as a woman...there is generally something wrong with you.

Every time I hook up with a girl at an "adult" bar they are like 515's...campus bar? Like 718.

I like both bars...different atmospheres...but I'm taking 718s that are 20 over 515s that make me want to vomit in the AM 10 times out of 10. I almost hate going to "adult" bars for the very reason that once I hit a certain beer count I can't say no to a 515 and then I have to deal with it in the morning.

At least when they are 20 you get to make fun of them, look at their hot non-weathered bodies, and then try to bang them again when you are actually coherent.

Never in my life do I wake up next to a 30 year old 515 and think..."damn, better try and get some morning sex!"

I'm always like..."so, exit strategy."

Brock 02-14-2013 10:39 PM

I have to confess I don't know what a 515 is. Or a 718 either.

seclark 02-14-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9404405)
I have to confess I don't know what a 515 is. Or a 718 either.

This.
Sec

Hootie 02-14-2013 10:49 PM

ok men, it's the area code system

the first number is a rating based off of face/prettiness...

oh that girl is super cute (probably a 7-9)...average a 5...gross a 1

the second number is a yes or no; 1 for yes (I would **** her), 0 for no (I wouldn't)

my friend Kenny and I decided there is no such thing as a 0...so pretty much, the 2nd number is always a 1

the third number is body...a super model body with great tits and a wonderful ass is a 9. These rarely exist. Same idea as face...you could have a butterface (218) or a pretty girl with nothing else (812)...

Me? I only date 716 and above...anything else is fodder...I prefer 718 of, course (too pretty gets too scary...I'll take a hot bod and a decent prettiness level 10 times out of 10...I don't need to deal with girl ego)...

besides...I'm not cool enough to approach a 919 and how often do you ever see a 919 anyways? And if you do, I'm pretty sure they aren't banging any of us...716 through 718 is the girlfriend target area...

515 is the 'meh a warm hole will do'...

616 is pretty cool...618 is more than good.

but yeah...lots of 515's bar hopping adult bars...TONS OF 718 (AND I MEAN TONS) all over campus...it's like, omg. It's so much different from even 5 years ago.

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 11:02 PM

Hootie really complemented my post.

Ever bang any boat broads, bro?

tk13 02-14-2013 11:20 PM

There's a guy who was on the boat being interviewed CNN on right now wearing a Chiefs cap. At least he's used to suffering.

Rain Man 02-14-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9404368)
Why didn't they just tow it to the closest port? Did Carnival just want to make sure everyone suffered for as long as possible?

It would've been cool to get towed to Havana. They probably wouldn't even have to refund the cruise if I was on it and got to go to a forbidden country.

Stanley Nickels 02-14-2013 11:27 PM

Holy shit, is this why non-fatasses go on cruises? I've always wondered what the attraction is.. I guess it's all the dumb**** pussy that needs a dumb**** dick to fill their vapid vaginas. Well, I guess the wife and I will be cruising next year-- threesomes abound, right!?

Stanley Nickels 02-14-2013 11:28 PM

I guess to be theme-appropriate, it should be "THREESOMES AHOY!"

Stanley Nickels 02-14-2013 11:28 PM

Which is my favorite cookie.

DaKCMan AP 02-15-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9404397)
women are so much uglier from 25-35 than they are from 19-23

I disagree with this. The older I get the more gorgeous the girls my age (25-29) have become.

dtebbe 02-15-2013 09:22 AM

You can't tell me that Carnival didn't have another ship in the immediate area that they could have transferred the passengers to. But then they would have had 2 ships full of unhappy cruisers. So the who ordeal was a calculated risk. Clearly $$$ over humanity.

DT

BigRedChief 02-15-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtebbe (Post 9404947)
You can't tell me that Carnival didn't have another ship in the immediate area that they could have transferred the passengers to. But then they would have had 2 ships full of unhappy cruisers. So the who ordeal was a calculated risk. Clearly $$$ over humanity.

DT

What if it was sinking? You think they don't have plans to get people out of the water and onto land? Boats, helicopters etc?

Bad decision thats going to bite them in the ass when the videos and pictures start coming out from passengers.

Old Dog 02-15-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

DT

Two of the other ships (Conquest and Elation) delivered supplies to Triumph.
Your idea of transferring passengers from one ship to another is laughable to say the least.
It's not as if the ships would have been stationary while the transfer was happening, also you're talking about what tying one off to the other? This isn't exactly a couple of john boats you're talking about.

BigRedChief 02-15-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9404435)
ok men, it's the area code system

the first number is a rating based off of face/prettiness...

oh that girl is super cute (probably a 7-9)...average a 5...gross a 1

the second number is a yes or no; 1 for yes (I would **** her), 0 for no (I wouldn't)

my friend Kenny and I decided there is no such thing as a 0...so pretty much, the 2nd number is always a 1

the third number is body...a super model body with great tits and a wonderful ass is a 9. These rarely exist. Same idea as face...you could have a butterface (218) or a pretty girl with nothing else (812)...

Me? I only date 716 and above...anything else is fodder...I prefer 718 of, course (too pretty gets too scary...I'll take a hot bod and a decent prettiness level 10 times out of 10...I don't need to deal with girl ego)...

besides...I'm not cool enough to approach a 919 and how often do you ever see a 919 anyways? And if you do, I'm pretty sure they aren't banging any of us...716 through 718 is the girlfriend target area...

515 is the 'meh a warm hole will do'...

616 is pretty cool...618 is more than good.

but yeah...lots of 515's bar hopping adult bars...TONS OF 718 (AND I MEAN TONS) all over campus...it's like, omg. It's so much different from even 5 years ago.

Everyone loves a warm hole. But, I hope that one day you find your spot in life you realize that there is more to life than just pursuing a warm hole.

ptlyon 02-15-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9404974)
Two of the other ships (Conquest and Elation) delivered supplies to Triumph.
Your idea of transferring passengers from one ship to another is laughable to say the least.
It's not as if the ships would have been stationary while the transfer was happening, also you're talking about what tying one off to the other? This isn't exactly a couple of john boats you're talking about.

Only if Mcgyver was on that ship!

Deberg_1990 02-15-2013 09:39 AM

watching the reactions from guest leaving last night......they were all over the map.

A couple of ladies seemed like the type who complain about everything. They probably would have had lots of complaints on a normal cruise. A couple of people took it all in stride, and continued to make the best of a bad situation. I like that attitide.

Old Dog 02-15-2013 09:45 AM

I'm sure it was nowhere near pleasant but CNN sensationalism tried to make it sound as though it was akin to the Titanic coated in human waste and everyone on board was a half step away from death.

Bearcat 02-15-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

DT

A ship with 6,000 people that's built for 3,000, with probably little extra storage for food, extra emergency equipment, extra space for employees, etc; sounds like a terrible idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9404983)
watching the reactions from guest leaving last night......they were all over the map.

A couple of ladies seemed like the type who complain about everything. They probably would have had lots of complaints on a normal cruise. A couple of people took it all in stride, and continued to make the best of a bad situation. I like that attitide.

Yeah, I read one quote that mentioned how great the staff was through the whole thing, and of course other people focusing on how terrible everything was, how they weren't told anything, etc. I thought the cruise I went on last summer was perfect, yet heard people complain about every little thing... so I'm surprised those types of people didn't throw themselves overboard, instead of dealing with the horrors of cold food, cold showers, and power failures.

Deberg_1990 02-15-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9404991)
I'm sure it was nowhere near pleasant but CNN sensationalism tried to make it sound as though it was akin to the Titanic coated in human waste and everyone on board was a half step away from death.

yea, you could definately tell they were trying to play it up. Throwing around terms like "disaster".....really??? Did anyone die?

ptlyon 02-15-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

That is a result if the pussification of america

Bearcat 02-15-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

One article was "5 things we learned about cruises," and it went into how any cruise can change course at any time and that it's written into the contract that there might not even be compensation if they miss a port...... it wasn't even about this freakin' ship, it was just a fluff article to show the evils of cruise lines. If Carnival was taking unnecessary risks, that's one thing, and I'm sure they'll fix it after all of this bad press... but, sometimes bad things happen. Even on vacation.

ptlyon 02-15-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9405000)
yea, you could definately tell they were trying to play it up. Throwing around terms like "disaster".....really??? Did anyone die?

It's not like a meteor struck it or anything
/Chelyabinsk

Deberg_1990 02-15-2013 09:57 AM

One thing im curious about is if Carnival will compensate for any lost wages for missing days of work?

Old Dog 02-15-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9405001)
That is a result if the pussification of america

One of the interviews I heard last night made me laugh. The lady on board talked of having to take cold showers and standing in line for 2-3 hours for food and then mentioned, "we're missing dinner right now to talk to you" to the reporter. I told the Mrs that it seemed to me that she was missing dinner BY CHOICE.

ptlyon 02-15-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9405010)
One thing im curious about is if Carnival will compensate for any lost wages for missing days of work?

I sure hope not. The patrons received a free extension of their vacation for christs sakes!

Old Dog 02-15-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9405010)

That would be the only real question I would have as well (I've yet to be able to find an answer from a reliable source).
That question was asked to the VP last night and he was promptly whisked away by his handler (assuming it was a Carnival lawyer or something).

Monty 02-15-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9405017)
That would be the only real question I would have as well (I've yet to be able to find an answer from a reliable source).
That question was asked to the VP last night and he was promptly whisked away by his handler (assuming it was a Carnival lawyer or something).

I will keep you posted. Right now, we are just going to get some rest. Nothing has been signed or even presented at this point. We are expecting something via snail mail.

Rain Man 02-15-2013 01:41 PM

Looking back, this whole story reminds me of the time I went to India.

Iowanian 02-15-2013 01:41 PM

I can only hope that you heeded my warning and didn't risk "the walrus".

ptlyon 02-15-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semen (Post 9405605)
I will keep you posted. Right now, we are just going to get some rest.

A lot of banging, eh?