ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who were the clowns that claimed RGIII isn't that good? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265148)

mcaj22 11-23-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9143754)
I'm still not a fan...

Tannehill is actually pretty good and is probably the barometer for the type of season whatever QB we draft in round 1 will have.

He is more of the type of production you get from a rookie QB in his first year. Some good, some bad, some ugly, tons of potential, etc.

chiefzilla1501 11-23-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9143751)
You sir are a moron. We should of traded up and gotten Tannehill.

How do we know this? What has he done to prove this? Didn't like the pick staying in place let alone on a trade up.

Chief Roundup 11-23-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9143754)
I'm still not a fan...

What you just asking to be called a moron today? :p

Come on Davone Bess is their best WR down there. Their OL is shit. Reggie Bush is their RB. He has looked pretty good with what I have seen of him especially considering what is around him.
And if it takes you or anyone else having to see to believe you will always be late to the party and miss out.

Chief Roundup 11-23-2012 10:39 AM

I take it some of you guys don't watch many of the games or sportscenter or Total Access or NFL Live.

T-post Tom 11-23-2012 10:43 AM

I don't read every thread, but honestly, I don't get the racism accusations against the posters here. I've seen huge props given out to RGIII, Cam and Gino. I've seen some negative comments, but they were all performance based. Can the accuser(s) here (Bump) site some examples of racist comments against black QBs? I hope this accusation is NOT based strictly on performance comments. If that's the case, then Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn and Scott Pioli must all be black.

Rausch 11-23-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9143769)
What you just asking to be called a moron today? :p

Come on Davone Bess is their best WR down there. Their OL is shit. Reggie Bush is their RB. He has looked pretty good with what I have seen of him especially considering what is around him.
And if it takes you or anyone else having to see to believe you will always be late to the party and miss out.

They had a Spurt-tacular QB last year and everyone was pimping the Daboll offense for bringing Bush out of his shell and milking the minimal talent there for all it was worth...

chiefzilla1501 11-23-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9143761)
Tannehill is actually pretty good and is probably the barometer for the type of season whatever QB we draft in round 1 will have.

He is more of the type of production you get from a rookie QB in his first year. Some good, some bad, some ugly, tons of potential, etc.

He doesn't have tons of potential. You have a qb rawer than geno, a guy with good not elite arm strength, and a guy with limited college playing experience. He has good enough mobility, but not enough to make him a running qb. Add in that he has really small hands and might struggle in bad weather, which is exactly what you want in a division with buffalo, new England, and the jets, not to mention will make him a threat to fumble a lot. Still believe his upside is to be a borderline top 10 qb and his downside risk was very high. He's playing better than I thought, but he's not a miss that's going to keep me up at night.

Geno is faster, has the frame and hands, and has a ton more experience even if it's not necessarily optimal, and throws a much better and more accurate ball.

T-post Tom 11-23-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9142662)
RG3s closest comparison is probably Steve Young, not Michael Vick.

I really wish people would stop bringing up Vick when talking about the new era black QBs.

Ummmm...might have to do with the fact that a number of our posters don't remember watching Young. (I remember, but then again, I remember when the wheel was invented.)

Rausch 11-23-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 9143779)
I don't read every thread, but honestly, I don't get the racism accusations against the posters here. I've seen huge props given out to RGIII, Cam and Gino. I've seen some negative comments, but they were all performance based. Can the accuser(s) here (Bump) site some examples of racist comments against black QBs? I hope this accusation is NOT based strictly on performance comments. If that's the case, then Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn and Scott Pioli must all be black.

Cam is super talented but dumb as a mud brick. His ceiling is limited at QB.

RG III has a completely different build and has the intelligence to fit any offense.

The athletic QB has become the new sexy. It just is.

That said there will still be some hold outs, no matter the play, that say "just another dumb ****er running with the football..."

This is life...

Joe Seahawk 11-23-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Mike (Post 9015860)
Seriously???

They were stupid enough to pay the man a truckload of money, draft a rookie and start him instead...

Don't give Seattle that much credit.

Not a truckload of money, a lot of people out there think we broke the bank with Flynn. Just not the case..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-bench-flynn/

SAUTO 11-23-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9143564)
:drool: Great attitude. Kid has heart, desire, and talent. He's gonna be a stud at the next level. AS LONG AS HE HAS GOOD COACHES. That can't be stressed enough. There are some busts, who busted due to no real fault of their own.

I'm sure as **** not defending Matt Casshole, but the dude was set up for failure the second he got here. When you have someone who is already not a world beater, he has to be in the right system, with the right coaches, and the right scheme to even have a chance of success. Matt never had that here.

I hope Geno will, although clearly the talent level is light years ahead. So it's not like he requires the same things Matt Cassel did. I think most of you will pick up what I'm laying down.

so you think Cassel and Geno are comparable? Idiot/cp
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Roundup 11-23-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9143783)
They had a Spurt-tacular QB last year and everyone was pimping the Daboll offense for bringing Bush out of his shell and milking the minimal talent there for all it was worth...

Moore was their QB and they had Brandon Marshall too. Well anyone pimping Daboll for anything...well it is just stupid, Reggie Bush what a disappointing career that dude has had, their offensive talent was bad enough but then they got rid of Marshall so their talent level has dropped even further.

T-post Tom 11-23-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9143798)
Cam is super talented but dumb as a mud brick. His ceiling is limited at QB.

RG III has a completely different build and has the intelligence to fit any offense.

The athletic QB has become the new sexy. It just is.

That said there will still be some hold outs, no matter the play, that say "just another dumb ****er running with the football..."

This is life...

Maybe (I don't know enough to comment on Cam or RG's intelligence), but I still don't recall reading any racist posts on black QBs. A person's preference on QB style (pocket passer vs. running QB) doesn't have to be about race. Just because I like athletic QBs that can run, doesn't mean I'm prejudice against white QBs. Even if most white QBs are pocket passers.

I think we need to acknowledge that despite stereotypes and preferences for style of play, the vast majority of posters here are concerned with the quality of QB play and NOT the QB race/ethnicity. To assign a racist agenda to the entire board deserves a rebuttal.

Joe Seahawk 11-23-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 9143815)
Maybe (I don't know enough to comment on Cam or RG's intelligence), but I still don't recall reading any racist posts on black QBs. A person's preference on QB style (pocket passer vs. running QB) doesn't have to be about race. Just because I like athletic QBs that can run, doesn't mean I'm prejudice against white QBs. Even if most white QBs are pocket passers.

I think we need to acknowledge that despite stereotypes and preferences for style of play, the vast majority of posters here are concerned with the quality of QB play and NOT the QB race/ethnicity. To assign a racist agenda to the entire board deserves a rebuttal.

Exactly!

chiefzilla1501 11-23-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 9143779)

There's the rub. Best litmus test... Anyone who questioned rgIIIs character or intelligence. Anyone who did probably hates on any black qb.

Cam doesn't belong in this equation. Lots of reasons to question his character, regardless of race.

Rausch 11-23-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

A person's preference on QB style (pocket passer vs. running QB) doesn't have to be about race.

Still, it's always a factor.

Quote:

To assign a racist agenda to the entire board deserves a rebuttal.

I don't think it's the fans I think it's the NFL.

Race doesn't play an issue?

Ok.

How many white RB's or WR's were taken in the 1st over the last 10 years?

That's ****ing 68.4% of the population of this country.

And how many white HB's or WR's were worth spending a 1st on?...

Skyy God 11-23-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9143711)
I never thought RGIII would be this good. He's been every impressive. That said, Cam Newton was impressive last year and sucks this year, so the jury is still going to be out for a while.

Will RG3 have some regression in his 2nd season? Probably, but Cam didn't show the same accuracy, maturity, or decision-making.

chiefzilla1501 11-23-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9143873)

Ok.

That's based on pure physical characteristics. There is physical evidence that says you can or can't. Leadership, football iq, and character are heavily influenced by opinion.

How many white rbs had the complete physical package?

Rausch 11-23-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9143890)
That's based on pure physical characteristics. There is physical evidence that says you can or can't. Leadership, football iq, and character are heavily influenced by opinion.

How many white rbs had the complete physical package?

I don't know but if there were no black QB's in that same time frame people would be throwing a fit.

It works both ways.

Stereotypes work both ways.

By the way, when you sweat, you smell like wet dog...

Chief Roundup 11-23-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9143873)

Ok.

Race will be a factor as long as the "human" factor is involved.
People no matter their race can't help what they are naturally good at or naturally bad at.
It is merely other people wanting to say look the blacks or the whites are better at this or that. Who cares what color your skin. Just do what you are good at. Somebody wanting to use these type of statistics for anything racial is just not a very good person and should lose all credibility.
I don't care that someone is better at something than I am because I will be better than they are at something. It is just the way life is for all of us.

Rausch 11-23-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9143914)
Somebody wanting to use these type of statistics for anything racial is just not a very good person and should lose all credibility.

The NFL uses them...

Chief Roundup 11-23-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9143921)
The NFL uses them...

For anything racial?

Pitt Gorilla 11-24-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Perhaps this has nothing to do with race. It also has nothing to do with data/reality. Vailpass noted:

"Running is what he does, regardless of how bad you want to think otherwise."

FloridaMan88 11-24-2012 11:04 PM

The dumbshits on this message board who claimed that RGIII wasn't worth trading up to the #2 overall pick to draft should kill themselves.

TEX 11-25-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9014981)
Seriously, I know there were a handful or so geniuses on here that didn't care for Robert's game.

I might trade our entire draft for the guy.

The same clowns who said Manning would fail in Denver and the same crowd who said that the Chiefs could get going once the regular season started after looking like total dog shit during preseason...

teedubya 11-25-2012 12:49 AM

After we lose to Carolina at home.

Pitt Gorilla 12-04-2012 01:51 AM

Still doing work.

The Iron Chief 12-04-2012 08:01 AM

The Chiefs Draft panel

Imon Yourside 12-04-2012 08:30 AM

Bwahahahaha... /Pioli

Hootie 12-04-2012 08:59 AM

RGIII and Luck are just OMG good.

I honestly have them ranked as the 5th and 6th best QB's in the NFL...already. Their rookie seasons. Insane.

1a. Peyton
1b. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Eli
4. Brees
5. Luck
6. RGIII
7. Big Ben

and that's not taking into account anything other than 2012 value alone

suds79 12-04-2012 09:01 AM

I'm just amazed by Russel Wilson.

He's turning out to be not just some nice 3rd round pick story. He's proving he's a legit franchise QB. Sure he doesn't have the height you'd typically look for but I think he has everything else.

Kudos to Seattle for grabbing him.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-04-2012 09:01 AM

Guys are coming into the league ready to play and better than ever. That's why I want to puke when people want to pass on a guy like Geno for a ****ing MLB.

Like said above look at Russel Wilson and even a guy like Dalton. Geno is a better prospect by a good margin.

Ceej 12-04-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9179415)
RGIII and Luck are just OMG good.

I honestly have them ranked as the 5th and 6th best QB's in the NFL...already. Their rookie seasons. Insane.

1a. Peyton
1b. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Eli
4. Brees
5. Luck
6. RGIII
7. Big Ben

and that's not taking into account anything other than 2012 value alone

Right now I would probably put Matty Ryan ahead of both RG3 and Luck.

But, really, between those three they're all really neck and neck.

I could see any of the three being better than the others by a very slim margin.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-04-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9179419)
I'm just amazed by Russel Wilson.

He's turning out to be not just some nice 3rd round pick story. He's proving he's a legit franchise QB. Sure he doesn't have the height you'd typically look for but I think he has everything else.

Kudos to Seattle for grabbing him.

Will Russel Wilson's success increase Aaron Murray's value?

Graystoke 12-04-2012 09:04 AM

This is eggsactly why we should get Geno. He is a unpolished version of RGIII. Just a little work and BAM! QBOTF Baby!

Pasta Little Brioni 12-04-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 9179429)
This is eggsactly why we should get Geno. He is a unpolished version of RGIII. Just a little work and BAM! QBOTF Baby!

Own this bitch division for a decade with Chocolate Pain. Can't win any more this year. How awesome would it be to have the only young franchise QB in the West (anyone that says the name Assweiler gets their account nuked from orbit)?

suds79 12-04-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9179428)
Will Russel Wilson's success increase Aaron Murray's value?

Well I'm sure Aaron is thankful for Russell. That's for sure.

But Aaron doesn't have Russell's mobility. Hard to say at this point. Some old ways of thinking die hard.

suds79 12-04-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

What I like about Geno is that he runs less than RG3.

I don't want my QB owning the rookie rushing record for QBs.

BigRichard 12-10-2012 12:42 PM

And it looks like he is hurt again. This exactly why I don't want anyone that has his style of play. Is he good? Yes. Is he dependable? No.

Hootie 12-10-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 9196637)
And it looks like he is hurt again. This exactly why I don't want anyone that has his style of play. Is he good? Yes. Is he dependable? No.

and he looks like he won't even miss a game!

htismaqe 12-10-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9196650)
and he looks like he won't even miss a game!

That sucks.

I was looking forward to seeing Kirk "the Savior" Cousins again...

Hootie 12-10-2012 12:59 PM

I'd take Cousins for a 2nd round pick in a heartbeat...and draft Geno if we could. **** it.

htismaqe 12-10-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9196684)
I'd take Cousins for a 2nd round pick in a heartbeat

Hell, give up a first. He's worth it.

Hootie 12-10-2012 01:11 PM

I get the sarcasm and I understand you're a college football fan and didn't like what you saw from him while at MSU.

But I'm sorry...watching him in the preseason and then seeing him perform in a real NFL game under real NFL pressure...I think he's a gamer.

I'd have no issues with trading a 2nd or 3rd for him and drafting the BQBA in round 1.

I honestly think the Chiefs need to spend two picks on QB's this draft anyways. Whether it be on a trade for a guy like Cousins or taking a QB in the 1st and the 3rd.

htismaqe 12-10-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9196715)
But I'm sorry...watching him in the preseason and then seeing him perform in a real NFL game under real NFL pressure...I think he's a gamer.

That's what, 10-11 actual quarters of NFL football?

If you want to spend a 4th on him, fine.

Our 2nd-round pick is worth WAY more than Kirk ****ing Cousins.

Chiefnj2 12-10-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

They aren't even close.

Pitt Gorilla 12-10-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 9196637)

Yeah, we dodged a real bullet there. Can you believe that clown was trying to play on a bum wheel? Cassel would never do something like that!

vailpass 12-10-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9016936)
I have rg3 on my fantasy team, knew he was a gamer and like to watch him play.
I also think rg3 is going to get broken sooner rather than later. Though he is a pass-first QB he is still a running QB meaning he goes for big runs instead of hook sliding every time he takes a few steps.
He's not halfway through his first season and already has his first nfl concussion. With his style he'll be taking more, vicious hits. Concussion type hits add up.
I hope it doesn't happen but everything points to rg3 being hurt half his career.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9142269)
vailpass is wrong because he isn't a running QB. Go figure he can't see past his skin color.

Any other ignorance you want to share Setsuna?

Hootie 12-10-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9196733)
That's what, 10-11 actual quarters of NFL football?

If you want to spend a 4th on him, fine.

Our 2nd-round pick is worth WAY more than Kirk ****ing Cousins.

yeah maybe we can get another Jeff Allen, Dexter McCluster, Javier Arenas or Turk McBride?

someday you guys will realize a 2nd round pick is flipping a quarter 3 times and hoping to guess right twice (for a good player) or 3 times (for a real good player)

vailpass 12-10-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9196715)
I get the sarcasm and I understand you're a college football fan and didn't like what you saw from him while at MSU.

I'd have no issues with trading a 2nd or 3rd for him and drafting the BQBA in round 1.

I honestly think the Chiefs need to spend two picks on QB's this draft anyways. Whether it be on a trade for a guy like Cousins or taking a QB in the 1st and the 3rd.

I'm a Cousins fan as well. The guy has a ton of leadership qualities, carries himself well, knows how to win. I was hoping Denver would draft him instead of Osweiler.

htismaqe 12-10-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9196952)
yeah maybe we can get another Jeff Allen, Dexter McCluster, Javier Arenas or Turk McBride?

someday you guys will realize a 2nd round pick is flipping a quarter 3 times and hoping to guess right twice (for a good player) or 3 times (for a real good player)

Or we could just trade our 2nd rounder for Kirk Cousins and not get a good player 100% of the time.

htismaqe 12-10-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9196962)
I'm a Cousins fan as well. The guy has a ton of leadership qualities, carries himself well, knows how to win. I was hoping Denver would draft him instead of Osweiler.

See also, Ricky Stanzi.

Pitt Gorilla 12-10-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9016971)
Running is what he does, regardless of how bad you want to think otherwise.

I'm not even sure what this means. Could you explain this? It might be helpful to include some discussion of quarterback rating.

vailpass 12-10-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9197012)
I'm not even sure what this means. Could you explain this? It might be helpful to include some discussion of quarterback rating.

It was a response to other posts. My meaning was that Shanny runs RGIII out of the Pistol formation sometimes in Washington, and that part of RGIII's game is running when the play breaks down and, as such, he's going to take big hits.
Here is the context:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Gump (Post 9016932)
Wasn't RGIII hurt already once this year. He will be sitting on the sideline a lot I suspect. He is more of a Michael Vick then an Elway I suspect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9016938)
I suspect he will adjust his play. I suspect with a better group of WRs he won't have to run as much. I suspect he will be awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9016971)
Running is what he does, regardless of how bad you want to think otherwise.

vailpass 12-10-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9196998)
See also, Ricky Stanzi.

Ouch.
I think Cousins put that awful comparison to rest this weekend though don't you?
Cousins is clearly better than any QB on the KC or AZ roster. Not that that should be your standard.

htismaqe 12-10-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9197034)
Ouch.
I think Cousins put that awful comparison to rest this weekend though don't you?
Cousins is clearly better than any QB on the KC or AZ roster. Not that that should be your standard.

If Stanzi were in Washington, in Shanahan's system, he would EASILY match what Cousins did.

Put Cousins in KC, with Romeo and the 3-ring Chiefs, and he'd be doing exactly what Stanzi is doing.

vailpass 12-10-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9197043)
If Stanzi were in Washington, in Shanahan's system, he would EASILY match what Cousins did.

Put Cousins in KC, with Romeo and the 3-ring Chiefs, and he'd be doing exactly what Stanzi is doing.

Interesting theory. Who knows. I'm sure Stanzi would be up for that.

htismaqe 12-10-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9197047)
Interesting theory. Who knows. I'm sure Stanzi would be up for that.

It's really all we have to go on, unless one wants to compare a handful of quarters of preseason football.

The reality is that the largest statistical sample - their college careers - suggests STRONGLY that they're the same heady yet physically-limited game manager that won a lot of games with strong defenses and running games.

vailpass 12-10-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9197097)
It's really all we have to go on, unless one wants to compare a handful of quarters of preseason football.

The reality is that the largest statistical sample - their college careers - suggests STRONGLY that they're the same heady yet physically-limited game manager that won a lot of games with strong defenses and running games.

Good points all.

seamonster 12-10-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9197031)
It was a response to other posts. My meaning was that Shanny runs RGIII out of the Pistol formation sometimes in Washington, and that part of RGIII's game is running when the play breaks down and, as such, he's going to take big hits.
Here is the context:

Ninety percent of RGIII's runs are designed option reads. On average he scrambles out of the pocket as much as an aaron rogers for extra yardage, which isn't as much as people like to spout. People that keep comparing Griffin to vick are just ****ing ill informed nitwits.

vailpass 12-10-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 9197571)
Ninety percent of RGIII's runs are designed option reads. On average he scrambles out of the pocket as much as an aaron rogers for extra yardage, which isn't as much as people like to spout. People that keep comparing Griffin to vick are just ****ing ill informed nitwits.

He runs when other QBs slide and he pays for it. He runs when other QBs don't. He pays for it. What is so hard to understand?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FgK12g8to7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

seamonster 12-10-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9197582)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FgK12g8to7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You've watched something like one half of a redskin game this year, haven't you?

Hootie 12-10-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9196996)
Or we could just trade our 2nd rounder for Kirk Cousins and not get a good player 100% of the time.

riiight

ok you win

vailpass 12-10-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 9197587)
You've watched something like one half of a redskin game this year, haven't you?

I've watched RGIII get knocked the **** out of a game twice this year while running. Want to tell me he hasn't? What is so hard to understand about QBs that tend to run as part of their game being at higher risk of injury? The hit he took yesterday was this close to being a career ender.

seamonster 12-10-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9197600)
I've watched RGIII get knocked the **** out of a game twice this year while running. Want to tell me he hasn't? What is so hard to understand about QBs that tend to run as part of their game being at higher risk of injury?

So you must live in the general DC Metropolitan area if you watched both those games?

I have to watch the redskins and the vast majority of his running is designed within their game plan. He's not willy-nilly running wild every play like donkey dicks in denver seem to be led to believe. He also turns the ball over 500* less than andrew luck.

vailpass 12-10-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 9197604)
So you must live in the general DC Metropolitan area if you watched both those games?

I take it meth is cheap and accessible in your area and DirecTV is not?

seamonster 12-10-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9197609)
I take it meth is cheap and accessible in your area and DirecTV is not?

Yea. Your cracked out hippy state doesn't compare favorably to the common wealth of northern virginia in meth on meth crime, my friend. And I think it's funny you ape "pistol offense" catchphrases from chucky and then talk about RGIII having to escape out of the pocket, like he's in a traditional offense. He usually either chucks the ball out of bounds or checks down. His hits come in late game fourth quarter scenarios, which is typical for most quarterbacks that have to extend a series to win a game.

Hootie 12-10-2012 06:09 PM

yeah

I agree that eventually RGIII is going to have to drop the running element out of his game...he'd be just fine as a pocket QB IMO circa Donovan McNabb (but better)

Hootie 12-10-2012 06:10 PM

however

if you ever watch Cam Newton...his running is a thing of beauty

he senses the big hit and always does this tumble right before and almost never takes a hit...at least never a hard hit

that's one dude that knows how to run/not get hti

Sorter 12-10-2012 06:41 PM

Woah, how'd vailpass get banned?