ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

htismaqe 12-28-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
I have that game......I thought he was talking about basketball. I'm not an EA hater or anything just 2k makes better basketball games than EA does.

NCAA football is the only EA game I play. 2K basketball games are light years better, and Madden is hot trash.

Ceej 12-28-2006 04:51 PM

Consider me poverty stricken. I love me some hot trash. :)

MeaTy The Pimp 12-29-2006 05:36 AM

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/The MeaTy One.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">The MeaTy One</iframe>

Mr. Plow 12-29-2006 07:55 AM

New Xbox 360 owner - well, it's my son's technically. Bought Lego Star Wars II, Over the Hedge, Ultimate Alliance, & .......something else for him.

Got me Call of Duty 3 - love that game.

Going to try the online thing before too long. Any other games like Call of Duty that anyone would recommend?

Archie Bunker 12-29-2006 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow

Got me Call of Duty 3 - love that game.

Finally bought COD3 over the weekend. Amazing game.

Archie Bunker 12-29-2006 09:19 AM

Anyone else pick up the games from Burger King? Pretty good games for 3.99.

GoTrav 12-29-2006 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69
Guitar Hero is coming soon to the 360

I'm debating buying a ps2 and guitar hero 2....just because that game is so badass

and i'm not a fan of the ps2 or ps3...but i cant wait for a few months before Guitar Hero comes to the 360

think I'll have to pick that up. I still have my PS2 but I really haven't wanted to play it on that system.

KcMizzou 12-29-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Ice
think I'll have to pick that up. I still have my PS2 but I really haven't wanted to play it on that system.

If there's a game where graphics dont really matter.... that's it.

KevB 12-29-2006 09:53 AM

I'm having difficulty getting registered through MyGamerCard.net. I've taken all the steps to get set up, but no response on the XBOX Forums PM. Anybody have issues (and have a workaround of some sort)?

GoTrav 12-29-2006 10:19 AM

Anyone with some NBA 2K7 advice? I totally suck. I'm more use to the run and gun style of LIVE. I was getting beaten by 20 on the easiest difficulty level...I don't see how I'll ever unlock an achievement. :(

Mecca 12-30-2006 12:00 PM

Quote:

Anyone with some NBA 2K7 advice? I totally suck. I'm more use to the run and gun style of LIVE. I was getting beaten by 20 on the easiest difficulty level...I don't see how I'll ever unlock an achievement. :(

You have to call plays on offense.....also the right shoulder button calls for a pick and that helps get you open for shots and drives. If you just run and gun and don't call plays on offense your offense will be all out of whack and you'll take long jumpers which on this years 2k don't fall.

Considering the realism this year of guys not making every shot and realistic scores when playing as long as they really play......unless you are playing a 3 point bombing team like Phoenix a 2-3 zone is always the best defense to be in......

GoTrav 12-30-2006 12:05 PM

Quote:

You have to call plays on offense.....also the right shoulder button calls for a pick and that helps get you open for shots and drives. If you just run and gun and don't call plays on offense your offense will be all out of whack and you'll take long jumpers which on this years 2k don't fall.

Considering the realism this year of guys not making every shot and realistic scores when playing as long as they really play......unless you are playing a 3 point bombing team like Phoenix a 2-3 zone is always the best defense to be in......

I haven't had much luck getting the ball down low to my big man. How do I get him to post up? And I don't know crap about basketball strategy or play calling...what are some good plays to run?

The game looks and plays amazing, I just need to get better.

Mecca 12-30-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

I haven't had much luck getting the ball down low to my big man. How do I get him to post up? And I don't know crap about basketball strategy or play calling...what are some good plays to run?

The game looks and plays amazing, I just need to get better.

You call plays with the D-Pad up right left and down will all call a different play. Go into your coaching and go into offensive plays and you can set whichever 4 you want to use...it will show you a diagram of what the play is. Just put Low Post or Post up or whatever it's called as one of your plays call it......hit the button that brings up the letters for which guy is which..and pass it into him and back down or kick it back out.

You shouldn't have to change the defensive calls the 4 are bases like man to man, 2-3 zone, 3-2 zone and press.........just don't ever play 3-2 zone it covers the perimeter but leaves the inside open.

kcxiv 12-30-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

i been playing quite a few games on live lately, getting addicted again i think. i am 8-3 so far. I have had a blast. Though everyone likes to just 1 on 1 and forget the rest of the team, but once you figure out how to slow it down, you can pretty much own the person playing that style.

ChiefsFanatic 01-01-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
So GoW is the best shooter evah.

Uhhh..................No.

Archie Bunker 01-01-2007 12:05 PM

I just picked up College Hoops 2k7 and I wondering what the best recruiting strategy is.

I know to focus on interested recruits but I'm not sure what the best way to spend points is and when to use them(preseason, in season, etc).

Mecca 01-01-2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
I just picked up College Hoops 2k7 and I wondering what the best recruiting strategy is.

I know to focus on interested recruits but I'm not sure what the best way to spend points is and when to use them(preseason, in season, etc).

Who are you? That's pretty important....

Archie Bunker 01-01-2007 07:04 PM

Quote:

Who are you? That's pretty important....

Planning on being a closed legacy team. Leaning towards Campbell.

Pants 01-01-2007 10:32 PM

My roommate got a 360 for Christmas and we've been playing it a little bit. He bought GoW, Oblivion and Saints Row. We haven't touched Oblivion yet and as far as GoW goes, I was pretty disappointed. Sure it looks nice in HD but the gameplay seemed pretty lacking. We only played CO-OP so maybe single player campaign or Live is where the fun is but I don't really feel like playing it. Saints Row on the other hand is a n absolute blast, it's like GTA on steroids and is actually more fun to play than GTA. That's pretty much all I've been playing with some rentals thrown in (GRAW, PGR3, etc).

I have to say though, 360 is an amazing system. If you get Live, it's a total package of what entertainment and gaming should be.

kcxiv 01-02-2007 03:13 AM

Game play is the best damn part of Gears of War. Thats why i like it as opposed to halo type games, its not just a gung ho shooter like say Halo, quake type games.

Pants 01-02-2007 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
Game play is the best damn part of Gears of War. Thats why i like it as opposed to halo type games, its not just a gung ho shooter like say Halo, quake type games.

Yeah, Halo actually takes skills to play. GoW was a joke on Hardcore (Insane is locked). GoW felt really clumsy and I never really felt any intensity. Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter had a 1000 times better co-op game. It actually took a lot of planning and communication to beat a level, the whole time it was intense as shit and took multiple tries to complete. Just my opnion. GoW is a damn fine game, but I don't see how it's THE game of the year per every gaming "authority", maybe I'm just not a big fan of duck and cover type games where it takes a full ****ing clip of ammo to bring down whatever you're shooting at.

Mecca 01-02-2007 04:56 AM

Quote:

Planning on being a closed legacy team. Leaning towards Campbell.

You'll just get 1 star guys.....maybe a 2 here and there. Focus on guys close to your school and needs.

Eleazar 01-03-2007 01:01 PM

I liked GOW ok. I played both the Halo games but was never a fan of the mindless shooter genre.

I am enjoying Splinter Cell: Double Agent a lot right now. That kind of game is more my thing. I'm planning on getting Ghost Recon when I am looking for a game next.

Wallcrawler 01-03-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I liked GOW ok. I played both the Halo games but was never a fan of the mindless shooter genre.

I am enjoying Splinter Cell: Double Agent a lot right now. That kind of game is more my thing. I'm planning on getting Ghost Recon when I am looking for a game next.

Double Agent was pretty cool, but I felt like they got lazy at the end. None of the endings are actually scenes. All you get to do is listen to an audio ending while the credits are rolling, trying to listen and figure out what is going on.

I would much rather have seen actual ending sequences.

Bowser 01-03-2007 01:45 PM

Damn. Half Life 2 Episode One doesn't come out on the 360 until June. Most disappointing.

noa 01-03-2007 02:23 PM

Okay, I'm about to go get me an XBox 360, and I just have one n00b question...if I have an XBox Live account for the original XBox, will the account work for the 360? Thanks.

Archie Bunker 01-03-2007 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa949
Okay, I'm about to go get me an XBox 360, and I just have one n00b question...if I have an XBox Live account for the original XBox, will the account work for the 360? Thanks.

All you have to do is an account recovery. Pretty painless process.

Reaper16 01-03-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69
Guitar Hero is coming soon to the 360

I'm debating buying a ps2 and guitar hero 2....just because that game is so badass

and i'm not a fan of the ps2 or ps3...but i cant wait for a few months before Guitar Hero comes to the 360

the 360 guitar is a wireless gibson explorer bodytype.
is it strange that im posting in the 360 thread using the Wii's Opera browser? heh :)

Bowser 01-03-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
the 360 guitar is a wireless gibson explorer bodytype.
is it strange that im posting in the 360 thread using the Wii's Opera browser? heh :)

You, sir, are a rebel.

Redrum_69 01-04-2007 09:33 AM

I bought a damn ps2 with guitar hero 2. I always told myself I'd never buy a PS2...but GH2 changed my mind. I also found out that GH2 is not coming out for the 360 until Spring...another store said it wasnt listed, and yet another said summer....so who the hell knows. I had heard it was going to be out in February.

Anyways...Freebird is a bitch.

I saved up my cash and bought the Grim Ripper character and a bunch of the bonus tracks..including...Trogdor!

htismaqe 01-04-2007 10:04 AM

Gibson explorer?

I preferred the one that look like an SG...

wutamess 01-04-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB
I'm having difficulty getting registered through MyGamerCard.net. I've taken all the steps to get set up, but no response on the XBOX Forums PM. Anybody have issues (and have a workaround of some sort)?

It took me about 2 months before I got a response.

GoTrav 01-04-2007 12:35 PM

I should just break down and grab this for PS2 but I like the idea of downloable Marketplace content and Achievements through XBL.

a little more old info...I'm hoping for a Feb release.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159122...tar%20hero%202

Guitar Hero II 360 wired for 2007
RedOctane confirms first non-PS2 iteration of popular rhythm game series won't arrive until the new year, will include a tethered controller.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Sep 29, 2006 4:46 pm PT

The X-Plorer controller.It looks like Xbox 360 gamers won't be rocking around the Christmas tree this year.

A RedOctane representative told GameSpot that the recently announced Guitar Hero II for the Xbox 360 will be released sometime in 2007, significantly trailing the PlayStation 2 version of the game, scheduled to hit retail this November.

The rep also addressed some speculation about the new X-Plorer guitar controller that will be released with the game. At Microsoft's X06 event in Barcelona, Spain, Activision showed the game off with a prototype X-Plorer, which was connected to the 360 with a wire. However, representatives there wouldn't confirm whether or not the final hardware would also be wired.

Today, GameSpot received confirmation from the RedOctane spokesperson that the final X-Plorer guitar will also be wired, dashing gamers' hopes of re-creating Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic's dramatic finish to the band's 1992 MTV Music Video Awards performance.

The Xbox 360 version of Guitar Hero II will contain all the same content of the PlayStation 2, as well as exclusive extra songs that will be made available for download on Xbox Live Marketplace. No pricing information has yet been released for the game.

Redrum_69 01-04-2007 03:23 PM

Thats good...I'll buy that one as well.

I'm still looking for GH1..the Best Buys and EBGames around here dont have it.

Archie Bunker 01-05-2007 03:04 PM

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5591

Microsoft's "Zephyr" leaked to the press complete with HDMI, 120GB hard drive and 65nm processor

With Sony's PlayStation 3 knocking on the Xbox 360's door, it was only a matter of time before Microsoft made the move to make its year-old console even more competitive. DailyTech has already reported that Microsoft has been able to successfully pare down its costs associated with producing the Xbox 360, so now is a more opportune time than ever to release an update.

According to Engadget, the Xbox 360 v2 (codenamed Zephyr) should go a long way in making the console cooler by swapping out the 90nm IBM Xenon PowerPC processor in favor of a 65nm revision that has not been announced yet.

There is also a single HDMI port for full 1080p support -- no firmware trickery needed. Also on the way is a 120GB hard drive which would double the capacity of Sony's top-ranging PS3. There’s no word on if Microsoft has seen fit to quiet the banshee-like DVD drive, but we can only hope that the answer is yes.

Engadget's "inside man" tells them that the new console will be available soon. We'll keep our ears and eyes open during Bill Gates' keynote on Sunday at CES to see if he has anything to say about the console.

Ultra Peanut 01-06-2007 01:11 PM

http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/feb07d7d.jpg
http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/0002b63.jpg http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/0002516.jpg
http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/000467d.jpg http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/00045c6.jpg

Bowser 01-08-2007 05:18 PM

Dead Rising question -

Do you HAVE to make all the missions, or can you go around slicing and dicing zombies until the helicopter arrives?

KcMizzou 01-08-2007 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Dead Rising question -

Do you HAVE to make all the missions, or can you go around slicing and dicing zombies until the helicopter arrives?

You're free to do whatever you want. You could wait there on the landing pad the entire time, if you wanted to.

Ceej 01-08-2007 06:56 PM

Bowser, how far are you in the game?

I'm just now fighting Carlito for the second time.

When I first got the game I found it hard to actually do any missions. I was having more fun wandering around slashing zombies in the most awkward way.

Ultra Peanut 01-08-2007 07:42 PM

The skateboard really helped with the second Carlito battle. The speed boost was vital.

Ceej 01-08-2007 08:02 PM

There's also a nearby bike.

I've read walkthroughs. They mention to stay away from Carlito until he focuses on that black guy - his name escapes me. It also mentions you should grab a kitana or some other powerful weapon to beat him quickly.

I need to defeat Adam so I can have those sweet mini dual chainsaws the rest of the game.

Bowser 01-08-2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles
Bowser, how far are you in the game?

I'm just now fighting Carlito for the second time.

When I first got the game I found it hard to actually do any missions. I was having more fun wandering around slashing zombies in the most awkward way.

I defeated Carlito for the second time. After beating him, Brad is shot and injured and you have to go find medicine for him. By the time I got through, beat THAT freak, and made it back to Brad, it had passed the time I needed to be back at the security room for the next episode. By doing that, I forfeited the rest of the episodes, and it flashed across the screen that I would never know the truth of what happened, or something.

I guess I need to know what missions are vital, and which ones are fodder.

Oh, and fighting Carlito the second time, definitely let Brad do the lion's share of the work.

QuikSsurfer 01-08-2007 10:20 PM

Straight from the administrator Mark Rein (for those of you that don't know he is the Vice President of Epic Games):

A Gears of War update should start pushing through the system at some point tomorrow, Tuesday January 9, 2007 prior to the two new multiplayer maps being available on Xbox Live Marketplace on Wednesday January 10, 2007. The maps, plus an introductory video featuring Gears designer Cliff Bleszinski, are free thanks to the kind sponsorship by the Discovery Channel's Future Weapons series which launches next Monday January 15th, 2007. Be sure to check out the show to see some really cool firepower. I expect game designers all across the country will be watching that series very carefully looking for ideas for their future games

Here is a list of what was addressed in this update:

• Fixed aspect ratio distortion when using VGA cable with 4:3 displays at resolutions higher than 640x480
• Fixed voice issue with new players joining Player Match games in progress
• Players can now get the Achievement for "Dish Best Served Cold" when using Troika turret to kill RAAM
• Fixed rare situation where host could loop countdown and never start match
• Fixed rare situation where players could get stuck after chainsawing in multiplayer
• Reduced Grenade Tag melee distance
• Enabled “Strict” NAT check on host to prevent possible connection issues
• Optimized server browser queries to return results more quickly and prevent scroll bars from hiding quality of service icons
• Reduced number of possible revives in Execution to match Warzone
• Removed host name from Ranked match server browser
• Disabled security cameras in Ranked matches
• Ranked matches now require balanced teams (3v3 or 4v4)
• Increased penalty for quitting a Ranked match to -50 points
• Added additional cheat detection code
• Additional housekeeping updates

Link:
http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=560548

i like this update. less newb team matches and host advantages - stacked teams. though i do sometimes play teams with local friends of mine..
the harder to tag someone with a frag, the better.

Ceej 01-09-2007 07:02 PM

Bowser or any other Dead Rising fans - what do you enjoy most about the game? Favorite weapon?

I'm pretty partial to the lawnmower, chainsaw and kitana.

But, I haven't accessed the gun shop yet and I've yet to snatch Adam's dual chainsaws or the grocery clerk's cart-o-death.

kcxiv 01-09-2007 07:10 PM

When turned on GoW earlier i got the update, but i didnt get any option for map downloads yet. I didnt see any in the XBL Marketplace either.

Buck 01-09-2007 07:45 PM

Anybody have SVR 2007??? All this talk of Carlito, thats the game I thought you were talking about.

QuikSsurfer 01-09-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
When turned on GoW earlier i got the update, but i didnt get any option for map downloads yet. I didnt see any in the XBL Marketplace either.

should be available tomorrow, the 10th.

Bowser 01-09-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Bowser or any other Dead Rising fans - what do you enjoy most about the game? Favorite weapon?

But, I haven't accessed the gun shop yet and I've yet to snatch Adam's dual chainsaws or the grocery clerk's cart-o-death.

The mower is good, but for mass death, nothing has beat the .50 cal off the jeep the convicts are driving.

The up close weapons I like so far are the battle axe, broadsword, and kitana. But none of them measure up to the excavator found in the hardware store. Have you found that yet?

And as far as the game goes, I am still blowing the storyline trying to get the medicine back to Brad. You need to be back in the security room by 11 am, and I can never make it back that quick. I need to take psi up on his recommendation of using the skateboard, I guess. I got frustrated trying to stay with the storyline, and just went ahead and played the game. Got all the way to Sean and his occultists. Sean is a bitch to kill, and is super quick. Any hints on how to bring him down?

Ceej 01-09-2007 11:29 PM

Bowser - my advice would be to google "Dead Rising walkthroughs" if you really want some solid advice about beating a certain aspect of the game. I've been through a couple and one even has video footage of what you should do to beat that certain point of the game.

I've found that weapon, too. I just think it's slow, but DEFINTELY pretty gruesome. Which I do love.

Also, driving the car down in the tunnel area is always enjoyable. That's a pretty hardcore way to kill some zombies.

icepick64 01-10-2007 08:12 AM

Castlevania: Symphony of the night is coming to XBLA! This game was aweseome, probably the best castlevania.

Link

QuikSsurfer 01-10-2007 12:08 PM

new gears maps are out.. i really like "old bones" - huge map.
the other (raven down) is extremely small.. you're basically right on top of the other team when you start.. still.. cool FREE maps.

GoTrav 01-11-2007 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Dead Rising question -

and if you die you start the game over? I only rented it but that bugged me.

Ceej 01-11-2007 07:45 AM

You start over if you didn't save the game. Makes sense to me. :)

GoTrav 01-11-2007 07:52 AM

Quote:

You start over if you didn't save the game. Makes sense to me. :)

didn't realize it had saves...I thought you went back to the beginning....where you're getting dropped in by the chopper, whenever you die? Not true?

Swanman 01-11-2007 07:52 AM

Quote:

and if you die you start the game over? I only rented it but that bugged me.

To answer Bowser's question, you don't HAVE to do anything. If you wanted, you could hang out on the helipad for the full 72 hours, although that would be boring and stupid. What you do throughout the game (missions, saving people, etc.) just determines which ending you get when the 72 hour mark hits.

As to Black Ice's question, if you die, you can either start from your last save, or start the game completely over. The one advantage to starting over is that you keep your stats, so if you die as a level 10, you start the game over at level 10, so the games a bit easier at the start. Also, if you finish the game, you can start a new game at the same level you ended the previous game. I've played the game through twice now, and during the second playthrough, I was almost unstoppable.

Ceej 01-11-2007 07:54 AM

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not, but the save points consist of - the security room you enter through the air duct during the first part of the game. You press "B" on a green (?) couch in the main corridor, right below the stairs.

Also, any restroom is a save spot.

Swanman 01-11-2007 07:57 AM

Quote:

Once I started using Adam's mini-chainsaw, I never wanted another weapon. Also, you can get books to put in your inventory that lengthen the life of each weapon. I got three books to lengthen the mini-chainsaw's life by I believe 27-fold, so I could use each chainsaw for a very long time. The second time through the game I got the "A" ending and played the overtime game, which was also very cool.

Ceej 01-11-2007 07:58 AM

And the overtime version of the game is you trying to get, like, 8 items for something right?

How is that any more fun then the original version? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Ceej 01-11-2007 07:59 AM

Also, what is the easiest way to kill Adam?

GoTrav 01-11-2007 08:27 AM

Quote:

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not, but the save points consist of - the security room you enter through the air duct during the first part of the game. You press "B" on a green (?) couch in the main corridor, right below the stairs.

Also, any restroom is a save spot.

nope, I wasn't but it's been awhile. I just remember there was something strange with the save system in the game. How exactly does it work again? I remember the save spots but it only saves your "level" and not what you worked through previously?

Swanman 01-11-2007 08:46 AM

Quote:

And the overtime version of the game is you trying to get, like, 8 items for something right?

How is that any more fun then the original version? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Yes, you're trying to collect 8 items for something, I won't give away why. The overtime mode isn't more fun, it's just different from the main game and there's some crazy stuff that happens near the end of it.

Also, I found the best way to kill Adam is with the Katana. Get in close, give him a few slices, then run away and heal yourself if needed. You don't need to hit him too many times to kill him if you use the katana.

Ceej 01-11-2007 09:37 AM

Does Adam have any repititious movements?

Like, he has several attacks - are they in any sort of order? I've heard the best time to take some swipes at him would be when he's blowing up his balloons.

Ceej 01-11-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

nope, I wasn't but it's been awhile. I just remember there was something strange with the save system in the game. How exactly does it work again? I remember the save spots but it only saves your "level" and not what you worked through previously?

You can enter any restroom - go to the mirror and click B. Save the game progress to your harddrive. It saves your level and your progression through the game.

When you die you can either choose to start the game over at your current level - meaning the level you died at, so if you die at level 10 you can start the game at a level 10. Or you can choose to start from the last spot you saved the game at and your current level. I think. :)

Swanman 01-11-2007 10:31 AM

Quote:

Does Adam have any repititious movements?

Like, he has several attacks - are they in any sort of order? I've heard the best time to take some swipes at him would be when he's blowing up his balloons.

If you use the katana, you won't have to worry about timing, just run in and hack/slash away and run away to heal as needed (get some wine from the food court).

Ceej 01-11-2007 11:36 AM

Best advice trying to defeat the convicts?

Redrum_69 01-11-2007 11:49 AM

Bowl of antifreeze?

Swanman 01-11-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Best advice trying to defeat the convicts?

If you have the mini-chainsaw, use that, if not the katana. Be sure to take out the driver first so the jeep will stop rolling around. Then hack up the other two guys, healing as necessary.

Ceej 01-11-2007 01:26 PM

Also, what in the world is wrong with my xbox live?

One second I can get on it, I return from BB and purchasing GoW and when I test my connection my IP address test fails. What gives?

Maybe it's just a shitty connection!?

Archie Bunker 01-11-2007 04:16 PM

I have become addicted to getting Achievements and building up my gamerscore. Its almost taken all the fun out of playing. Anyone else have that problem?

KcMizzou 01-11-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

I have become addicted to getting Achievements and building up my gamerscore. Its almost taken all the fun out of playing. Anyone else have that problem?

I've never paid any attention to it.

Ceej 01-11-2007 04:51 PM

Okay swan, I just got Brad his medicine. Now what? It said the next case wasn't until 11am so I went looking for survivors.. but some case had ran out of time, thus having the rest of my cases expire.

After I get him his medicine, I talk to Jessie and I click that next scoop and it leads me right to both of them.

I'm in a rut. What do I do?

Swanman 01-11-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Okay swan, I just got Brad his medicine. Now what? It said the next case wasn't until 11am so I went looking for survivors.. but some case had ran out of time, thus having the rest of my cases expire.

After I get him his medicine, I talk to Jessie and I click that next scoop and it leads me right to both of them.

I'm in a rut. What do I do?

If you have a case expire and they cross out the rest of the cases in that screen, then you can finish out the 72 hours but you won't get any more cases. In that case, I would recommend starting the game over, which will start you at your current level.

If you didn't have a case expire, then just wait until the time of the next case and you'll get a call or something to alert you as to what to do.

Ceej 01-11-2007 04:58 PM

Understandable, but do you know what I'm referring to? I had just given Brad his medicine as I wait in the security room and next thing I know the rest of my cases expire.

Should I just stay in the security room until 11 am?

The name of the case is the Professor's Prawl? Something along those lines.

Ceej 01-11-2007 05:23 PM

Nevermind, these last two cases have involved me moping around in the security room waiting to see Carlita on the monitors.

noa 01-12-2007 11:48 AM

Has anyone here played Perfect Dark Zero? If so, what do you think? Worthy buying? Thanks.

htismaqe 01-12-2007 12:02 PM

Right now I'm playing Ninety Nine Nights. Got horrible reviews, but I really like it.

Swanman 01-12-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa949
Has anyone here played Perfect Dark Zero? If so, what do you think? Worthy buying? Thanks.

It's worth a rental, but probably not a purchase. Like most launch titles, the game did not take advantage of the 360 graphically and the game was really short.

QuikSsurfer 01-12-2007 04:25 PM

just picked up "Lost Planet"
this is the first collectors edition i've bought.. couldn't pass up the exclusive multiplayer map.

Bowser 01-13-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Right now I'm playing Ninety Nine Nights. Got horrible reviews, but I really like it.

I damned near got that, but opted for Lost Planet instead.

Ultra Peanut 01-14-2007 01:24 AM

I have the brash enthusiasm of an amateur and the body of a tyrannosauroid!