ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV True Blood (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192557)

J Diddy 11-24-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 5246341)
That a good show??

Took me a little bit to get into it, but my wife rented the first season on dvd and I got hooked.

Haven't watched anything beyond the first season so I'm gonna rent the other seasons before the new season starts.

Baby Lee 11-24-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 5246341)
That a good show??

It can wrap itself a little tight sometimes [with the crises and resolution], but it's a decent 'soap-ish' drama in a unique setting.
Paxton owns, and is the public face of, an up and coming hardware chain. He also has a wife and two kids, . . . and two more wives and their kids. They live as neighbors in a McSubdivision, with their backyards joined together, for the kids.
Paxton is the expelled son of a fundamentalist compound who publically renounced their tenets after expulsion. The first wife got ill with cancer and he rethought the merits of polygamy, talked her into accepting another wife [the daughter of the 'prophet' from the compound], ostensibly for her to take care of the first wife's convalescence and eventually care for their children after first wife's death, then she recovered. Subsequently, they took on wife three, who's a hippy-dippy girl who was their babysitter, when first wife first went back to teaching school after her recovery.
So you have a pragmatic elder wife, a fundamentalist second wife, and a 'peace and love' third, and they and their kids are dealing with the politics of mainstream society as well as the politics of the compound [because they still have family ties there].

KcMizzou 11-24-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5243950)
Jason finding religion? Ugh!
Did Bill kill Lafayette?
And I wonder what's in Sam's past.

Seems like Lafayette was in the cop's car at the end. Remember him painting his toenails?

It'd suck if he's dead, though. That guy's hilarious.

I could see him as a vamp.

PhillyChiefFan 11-25-2008 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5246381)
It can wrap itself a little tight sometimes [with the crises and resolution], but it's a decent 'soap-ish' drama in a unique setting.
Paxton owns, and is the public face of, an up and coming hardware chain. He also has a wife and two kids, . . . and two more wives and their kids. They live as neighbors in a McSubdivision, with their backyards joined together, for the kids.
Paxton is the expelled son of a fundamentalist compound who publically renounced their tenets after expulsion. The first wife got ill with cancer and he rethought the merits of polygamy, talked her into accepting another wife [the daughter of the 'prophet' from the compound], ostensibly for her to take care of the first wife's convalescence and eventually care for their children after first wife's death, then she recovered. Subsequently, they took on wife three, who's a hippy-dippy girl who was their babysitter, when first wife first went back to teaching school after her recovery.
So you have a pragmatic elder wife, a fundamentalist second wife, and a 'peace and love' third, and they and their kids are dealing with the politics of mainstream society as well as the politics of the compound [because they still have family ties there].

Wow. Sounds good, I'll have to check it out.

PhillyChiefFan 11-25-2008 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5247178)
Seems like Lafayette was in the cop's car at the end. Remember him painting his toenails?

It'd suck if he's dead, though. That guy's hilarious.

I could see him as a vamp.

I don't know, cause he jumped up on the trash can and whatever came after him stopped.

Didn't Bill know LaFayette? I don't know if he would kill him, I think that's what they want you to think.

Didn't Terra's mom paint her toenails too after she got "fixed"? I dunno.

I hope lafayette isn't dead either

FishingRod 11-26-2008 04:43 PM

I would seem that the chick Tara is staying with is either a shape shifter or a werewolf. He did mention at one time that Werewolves were nasty. She did know Sam and he didn't like her.
I think she may have turned into a wild boar and killed Lafayette.

Bowser 11-26-2008 11:40 PM

I think making LaFayette a vampire is a natural progression to the story, especially after his affair with that public official (governor? senator?). I'd like to see that Bill turned him, just so LaFayette can deal with the new vampire/bitch Jessica. Heh.

I don't think we've been introduced to a werewolf yet, unless Terry is one and we just haven't seen it yet.

KcMizzou 11-27-2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5251882)
I think making LaFayette a vampire is a natural progression to the story, especially after his affair with that public official (governor? senator?). I'd like to see that Bill turned him, just so LaFayette can deal with the new vampire/bitch Jessica. Heh.

They can't just kill him off. He's one of the (if not "the") best characters on the show.

I'm convinced he'll be back in one way or another.

Buck 05-20-2009 03:25 PM

So how is this True Blood Show?

Everything HBO has amazed me so far, I'm considering making it my next HBO purchase.

luv 05-20-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5780456)

Everything HBO has amazed me so far, I'm considering making it my next HBO purchase.

Has the new season started!?!?

I don't have HBO at the new place. :deevee:

keg in kc 05-20-2009 03:27 PM

True Blood was pretty good. Season 2 starts in June, the 14th I think.

Miles 05-20-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

I enjoyed it. It's fairly trashy but in a good way.

I would suggest renting it rather than buying it because I don't know if it has as much replay value as the other HBO shows like Deadwood, The Wire and Rome.

The Blu-Ray is also supposed to be well done.

Miles 05-20-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5780469)
True Blood was pretty good. Season 2 starts in June, the 14th I think.

Nice not having to wait at least a year between seasons for an HBO show.

Buck 05-20-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 5780520)
I enjoyed it. It's fairly trashy but in a good way.

I would suggest renting it rather than buying it because I don't know if it has as much replay value as the other HBO shows like Deadwood, The Wire and Rome.

The Blu-Ray is also supposed to be well done.

Cool.

Unfortunately I have a backward ass brain. I never rent anything because it is a waste of money. I either purchase it or I don't.

At least I have a cool looking DVD rack thats almost full of Blu-Rays/DVDs/Video Games

keg in kc 06-13-2009 10:56 PM

Just a reminder, season 2 starts-up Sunday night.

J Diddy 06-13-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5838294)

Thanks for the reminder. It had been so long since I watched season 1 that it slipped my mind.

BWillie 06-13-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

It's terrible. Most everything else on HBO is pretty good, but true blood is really bad. It is basically a bad soap opera with vampires. Everybody is ****ing everybody bla bla bla

J Diddy 06-13-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5838348)
It's terrible. Most everything else on HBO is pretty good, but true blood is really bad. It is basically a bad soap opera with vampires. Everybody is ****ing everybody bla bla bla

you are out of your mind, it's great

Deberg_1990 06-14-2009 10:12 AM

Anna Paquin nude = WIN

keg in kc 06-14-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5838652)
Anna Paquin nude = WIN

Note about tonight's episode...

Quote:

Anna Paquin gets far more naked in this episode than in any prior installment.
BIG WIN

Baby Lee 06-14-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5838840)
Note about tonight's episode...

BIG WIN

far more = longer duration?
or
far more = scandal patch?

6 hours.

luv 06-14-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

I always knew you had no taste.

luv 06-14-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5838294)

Yeah, and I don't have HBO anymore. :(

KcMizzou 06-14-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5838902)
far more = longer duration?
or
far more = scandal patch?

6 hours.

Can't really go wrong either way...

KChiefs1 06-14-2009 07:53 PM

I love nudity!

Tribal Warfare 06-14-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5839164)
Yeah, and I don't have HBO anymore. :(

http://www.watch-true-blood.com/

http://truebloodstreaming.blogspot.com/

http://www.yidio.com/show/true-blood

add this to the thread starter

streaming episodes

Great Expectations 06-15-2009 08:40 AM

I thought last night was a promising start for season 2, what is the deal with Sam's ex fling?

Bowser 06-15-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 5840129)
I thought last night was a promising start for season 2, what is the deal with Sam's ex fling?

She couldn't be the queen, could she? Are they daywalkers? She sure spazzes when she has an orgasm, though. Heh.

And I was pleased that they haven't killed off LaFayette. Yet.

BWillie 06-15-2009 01:05 PM

Is Lafayette played by the same guy? He looked a little different to me.

Radar Chief 06-15-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

I don’t care if it’s a soap opera or not, Anna Paquin got nekid. That’s damn good TV right there. :thumb:

Baby Lee 06-15-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5840704)

Facial hair growing in d/t imprisonment.

Tribal Warfare 06-15-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

what is the deal with Sam's ex fling?

Werewolf

BWillie 06-15-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 5840979)
I don’t care if it’s a soap opera or not, Anna Paquin got nekid. That’s damn good TV right there. :thumb:

I see girls as hot as Anna Paquin every single day of my life. She's hot yeah, but just because there is T and A, isn't a reason to like this show. I only watch it because my girlfriend loves it and doesn't have HBO. So what can I do.

OmahaChief 06-15-2009 02:11 PM

Good first week back. Looking forward to the season and all the twists they have planned.

Bowser 06-15-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5840704)

Yeah, same guy. Looks a bit different with no makeup, eyeliner, earrings, or gold pants.

What's the chances Erich or Pam turn him?

Bowser 06-15-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5841005)
I see girls as hot as Anna Paquin every single day of my life. She's hot yeah, but just because there is T and A, isn't a reason to like this show. I only watch it because my girlfriend loves it and doesn't have HBO. So what can I do.

Are you a janitor at the Playboy Mansion, by chance?

BWillie 06-15-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5839162)
I always knew you had no taste.

Well with that said, the first episode was pretty good. I like how the brother is going to turn into a religious nutcase.

Radar Chief 06-15-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5841003)
Werewolf

Mrs. Radar and I were thinking a powerful witch, or lesser demon or something. She appears to need Tara and her new boyfriend together for some purpose. Also suspect she cut the heart out of the fake voodoo woman.

BWillie 06-15-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5841034)
Are you a janitor at the Playboy Mansion, by chance?

Most celebrities are placed on a pedestal, so males tend to gaga over them. If you were down at the bar on a Friday and Saturday Night I would see many many girls as hot as Anna Paquin. Sure there are celebs that really go above and beyond that 9 mark, but if you saw Anna Paquin at a bar and didn't know she was a celebrity you would just be like , oh look, another attractive blonde girl and go about your way, or go hit on her as usual.

Radar Chief 06-15-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5841039)
Well with that said, the first episode was pretty good. I like how the brother is going to turn into a religious nutcase.

He’s being groomed as a suicide bomber, or a fall guy for something.

Radar Chief 06-15-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5841052)
Most celebrities are placed on a pedestal, so males tend to gaga over them. If you were down at the bar on a Friday and Saturday Night I would see many many girls as hot as Anna Paquin. Sure there are celebs that really go above and beyond that 9 mark, but if you saw Anna Paquin at a bar and didn't know she was a celebrity you would just be like , oh look, another attractive blonde girl and go about your way, or go hit on her as usual.

So, she still got nekid. If any of the anonymous chicks from the bar you mentioned got nekid on TV I’d be just as happy to watch them. :shrug:

Bowser 06-15-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 5841044)
Mrs. Radar and I were thinking a powerful witch, or lesser demon or something. She appears to need Tara and her new boyfriend together for some purpose. Also suspect she cut the heart out of the fake voodoo woman.

Yeah, my thought as well. Something ancient and powerful. She seems to have an affinity for the old gods, so maybe there is something there?

The HBO show and the books kind of follow the same path, but there are big differences. In the books,
Spoiler!
So we'll see.

And is it just me, or is Michelle Forbes getting hotter the older she gets?

Tribal Warfare 06-15-2009 07:25 PM

<object width="669" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.megavideo.com/v/QWKJQT3X182d4b7bda36e05f1d6fbdde0900f2a3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.megavideo.com/v/QWKJQT3X182d4b7bda36e05f1d6fbdde0900f2a3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="669" height="360"></embed></object>

Mr. Laz 06-15-2009 07:33 PM

I watched True Blood at the beginning but it just got to disturbing after awhile.

luv 06-15-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5840492)
She couldn't be the queen, could she? Are they daywalkers? She sure spazzes when she has an orgasm, though. Heh.

And I was pleased that they haven't killed off LaFayette. Yet.

I don't think they will. He hasn't done anything to harm them. I mean, he sells their blood, but it's only in return for what he does for them.

luv 06-15-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 5841860)
I watched True Blood at the beginning but it just got to disturbing after awhile.

Laz! You're not dead!

KcMizzou 06-15-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Wow, really?

KcMizzou 06-15-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5840492)

Yeah, I'm thinking full body vibration like a friggin' hummingbird could be a good thing.

Just sayin'.

luv 06-15-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5842006)
Yeah, I'm thinking full body vibration like a friggin' hummingbird could be a good thing.

Just sayin'.

LMAO

Yeah, right. You'd be just as freaked out as he was. :p

KcMizzou 06-15-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5842014)
LMAO

Yeah, right. You'd be just as freaked out as he was. :p

Well, the first time, sure! But after that, I'd be all in... so to speak.

Radar Chief 06-16-2009 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5841096)
Yeah, my thought as well. Something ancient and powerful. She seems to have an affinity for the old gods, so maybe there is something there?

The HBO show and the books kind of follow the same path, but there are big differences. In the books,
Spoiler!
So we'll see.

That’s interesting, thanks for the spoiler. :thumb:
I was thinking that if she cut the heart out of the Voodoo woman that she needed it for some sort of spell, like maybe summoning something powerful, and that Tara and her boyfriend fit into that somehow. I hope I’m wrong though, if the show is that predictable I’ll get bored with it quickly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5841096)
And is it just me, or is Michelle Forbes getting hotter the older she gets?

Oh, it’s definitely not just you. ;)

Radar Chief 06-16-2009 07:12 AM

Quote:

That’s actually what I like about it.

Great Expectations 06-16-2009 01:41 PM

I appears that LaFayette is going to be a Vamp, and that Jason is going to nail the preacher's wife.

luv 06-16-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 5843140)
I appears that LaFayette is going to be a Vamp, and that Jason is going to nail the preacher's wife.

You know something? I thought those same things when I watched...lol.

KcMizzou 06-16-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5844448)

Sounds about right.

Great Expectations 06-17-2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Pure speculation

crazycoffey 06-17-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 5844845)
Pure speculation

good speculation, I figure that too (Luv, I guess great minds think alike?)

ChiefsFanatic 06-17-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

All I could think was "Damn! Sookie's ass got bigger. And I like it."

luv 06-17-2009 05:25 PM

Gross thought for the day:

When he bites her neck an then kisses her....

Would that be like a guy redwinging it and then kissing you?

Seriously. That, to me was the grossest part of the show. And I hate that there won't be as many sex scenes with Jason. :(

Katipan 06-17-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5846224)
Gross thought for the day:

When he bites her neck an then kisses her....

Would that be like a guy redwinging it and then kissing you?

Seriously. That, to me was the grossest part of the show. And I hate that there won't be as many sex scenes with Jason. :(

If the blood coming from your neck looks like the blood from your box, you've probably got other problems to worry about.

keg in kc 06-17-2009 05:48 PM

Eww.

Bowser 06-18-2009 06:45 PM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2CmWNfTh5I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2CmWNfTh5I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Fish 06-19-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Big spoiler.... but I'm pretty sure I've figured out what Maryann is....

Spoiler!

Baby Lee 06-19-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 5849269)

That's the theory I've heard and like best.

Miss Understood 06-19-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Spoiler!

That wasn't Sookie. That was Tara. Other than that, I think you're on to something.

Bowser 06-19-2009 05:04 PM

So how does that pet hog get into the story?

luv 06-21-2009 06:13 PM

I wish I had HBO here. :(

Tribal Warfare 06-22-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5854377)
I wish I had HBO here. :(

http://www.watch-true-blood.com/

http://truebloodstreaming.blogspot.com/

http://www.yidio.com/show/true-blood

add this to the thread starter

streaming episodes

Stryker 06-22-2009 11:12 AM

Just got season 1 through Netflix. Will sit down and watch it with the wife.

Radar Chief 06-22-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Spoiler!

I think you're on to it.

luv 06-22-2009 05:34 PM

Okay. I just watched episode 2. So, so awesome.

luv 06-22-2009 05:43 PM

I can't believe that Lafayette asked for it.

And I wonder what they'll do with the little sister?

Bowser 06-22-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5856330)

And I wonder what they'll do with the little sister?

Better that than dead, no?

And I think Bill will glam the whole family into not remembering shit.

KcMizzou 06-22-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5856330)

He will make for a cool vamp though... he was right about that.

KcMizzou 06-22-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5856492)

Yeah, he obviously won't kill 'em.

KcMizzou 06-22-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Spoiler!

The more we see of her, the more this looks to be correct. Very cool...

luv 06-22-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5856492)

True.

And I dunno. He was pretty pissed. At least you guys can look forward to seeing more make up sex with him and Sookie.

luv 06-22-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5856500)
He will make for a cool vamp though... he was right about that.

I think so, too.

I'm so not liking the Jason as a religious zealot thing.

Bowser 06-22-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5856552)
True.

And I dunno. He was pretty pissed. At least you guys can look forward to seeing more make up sex with him and Sookie.

It's going to be interesting to see what they do from here on out. My wife has read the books, and she says they follow some storylines, but have completely created new ones in other areas. She said in the books, LaFayette was a minor character and got killed early, while Tara didn't show up until the third book, and there was no Jessica. So we'll see.

Bowser 06-22-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5856558)
I think so, too.

I'm so not liking the Jason as a religious zealot thing.

Heh. Give it time. He'll get kicked out just as soon as he bangs the preacher's wife (you know it's coming).

Plus, he may interact with Erich and Sookie when they get to Dallas.....