ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KC signs Gaither (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248361)

ChiefGator 08-11-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 7817417)
I think the point was to highlight players that are new this year.

Yeah, he's a new starter though.

patteeu 08-11-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHuge39 (Post 7817343)
Yeah if he can get healthy and play that would be great. Just don't know where you put him or who gets moved. I'd be thrilled if he has been brought in to compete for the RT spot and is a vast improvement over what we have/don't have. I'm not high on the idea of moving Albert to RT after having to learn to play LT and he's now a solid guy at his position. Far from elite, but still good and has gotten better and better with each year.

I don't think you go and screw with Albert for a guy that has barely played 50% of the games since he was drafted due to injuries. There is a reason Baltimore didn't want him back and he was still out there this late. We don't have all the info on how it came down with the Raiders (failed physical reported), but they passed on him as well. PFT reported that Al wanted to sign him because he can dunk, but the GM told his his agent they weren't interested when Uncle Al was taking his nap.

Like everyone else I say give him a shot and see what he can do. Between Albert and him I have a hard time saying that Albert should be the one to change positions.........especially when he knows and has played in this offense for 2 years now and we're a month away from the first game. If he can beat out Richardson at RT that would be great!

According to the accounts I read from Ravens coverage in the past, Gaither's problem didn't have anything to do with being ineffective at LT. It was all about attitude, injuries, and the presence of Michael Oher.

I don't really think Albert should be moved to RT either, but if Gaither's attitude and injury issues are cleared up, I wouldn't have a problem with Albert at LG with Lilja becoming a backup.

Chief Faithful 08-11-2011 12:57 PM

If Gaithers is healthy the team now have three quality tackles that can start either right or left. Plus, they have a tackle to develop on the PS with Mims. If Gaithers is not healthy then he serves as camp fodder.

As I'm not an O'Callaghan fan I'm rooting for a healthy Gaithers.

The Franchise 08-11-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 7817468)
If Gaithers is healthy the team now have three quality tackles that can start either right or left. Plus, they have a tackle to develop on the PS with Mims. If Gaithers is not healthy then he serves as camp fodder.

:spock: Who's the third? And don't say Richardson.

Sofa King 08-11-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7816915)
in before everyone screams move Albert to RT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7816917)
lol. no shit. surprised that hasn't been mentioned yet.

move him to LG and cut lilja! LMAO

=

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7817450)
According to the accounts I read from Ravens coverage in the past, Gaither's problem didn't have anything to do with being ineffective at LT. It was all about attitude, injuries, and the presence of Michael Oher.

I don't really think Albert should be moved to RT either, but if Gaither's attitude and injury issues are cleared up, I wouldn't have a problem with Albert at LG with Lilja becoming a backup.

LMAO

SuperChief 08-11-2011 01:01 PM

Jared Gaitherss needs moar carries.

Sofa King 08-11-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7817477)

Mims. He's the new Sippio or Grigsby training camp guys.

Ugly Duck 08-11-2011 01:03 PM

Doggone good signing for the Chiefs. Sure - he didn't pass the physical at Oakland... but that ain't the only reason he wasn't offered a contract. He's well worth a signing cuz of his potential to heal up & come back strong, but in spite of a Raider desperation for tackle help they just don't have the cap room to take a chance. KC does have the room & its a durn good bet cuz the upside is huge. I hate you guyz even more now....

4th and Long 08-11-2011 01:04 PM

Isn't this part of a Styx song?

A Gaithering of angels appeared above my head.
They sang to me this song of hope and this is what they said.
They said, come sail away, come sail away, come and sail away with me, lads.

ILChief 08-11-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 7817468)

Ryan simms and elvis greybeck welcome gaithers

Rausch 08-11-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 7817488)
I hate you guyz even more now....

After our next few SB's you'll hate us even more...:evil:

Chief Faithful 08-11-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7817477)

Ok, I won't say a word.

patteeu 08-11-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7817480)
=

LMAO

You must have reading comprehension issues.

Rausch 08-11-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 7817504)
Ok, I won't say a word.

Not Gunther, GAITHER....

RealSNR 08-11-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7817223)
Good idea.
If Cassel goes down we pin our hopes on a rookie drafted in the Fifth Round.

Yeah and if Manning goes down the Colts are screwed.

If Brady goes down the Pats are screwed.

If Brees goes down the Saints are screwed.

If Rodgers goes down the Packers... okay, well, they would be fine actually.

But you get my point. It's the backup QB's job to maintain a high level of play when the starter goes down, but he definitely shares that responsibility with THE REST OF THE TEAM.

It's not ideal, and it's not a good situation, but it doesn't ****ing have to be. Just give Stanzi a chance and let him sink or swim.

BossChief 08-11-2011 01:21 PM

Call me cautiously optomistic.

If he is healthy and Moeaki stays healthy, Tony will be a deadly target teams will have to account for more than before because Gaither can handle the blocking without much help.

Let's hope his back isn't ****ed.

Sofa King 08-11-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7817507)
You must have reading comprehension issues.

What's to comprehend?? people are bringing up moving alberts to RT and Gaither to LT, just like claythan said.

And you mentioned knocking Lilja out of the lineup to move alberts in, which i said. (you say backup i said cut, not the point though)

ChiefaRoo 08-11-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 7817488)
Doggone good signing for the Chiefs. Sure - he didn't pass the physical at Oakland... but that ain't the only reason he wasn't offered a contract. He's well worth a signing cuz of his potential to heal up & come back strong, but in spite of a Raider desperation for tackle help they just don't have the cap room to take a chance. KC does have the room & its a durn good bet cuz the upside is huge. I hate you guyz even more now....

"durn good bet?" You sound f**king retarted.

alpha_omega 08-11-2011 01:36 PM

Back issues are always a red flag. With that being said, it can't hurt to give him a look. If he is in fact healthy (or will be in the not too distant future), i approve!

keg in kc 08-11-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7817523)
Just give Stanzi a chance and let him sink or swim.

It wouldn't be sink or swim if he had to go in. It would just be sink. He's not an NFL ready quarterback, he had his rookie offseason cut 3 months short, he hasn't seen an NFL defense, much less a down at game speed, all meaning they'd almost certainly have to Tyler Thigpen the offense. And facing the defenses the Chiefs do this year, it would be over at that point. That's a disaster scenario if it happens early enough in the year and it's a long term injury, we're talking going from playoff contender to picking in the top 10. If it's a minor injury and it's 2009 with Croyle starting the opener, then you chalk it up for an automatic loss or 3 and hope they can survive it (doubtful with the schedule).

Speaking only for me, I'm not looking for competition to start, I'm only looking for somebody who gives them a snowball's chance in hell to compete on the field for a couple of weeks. Which isn't Stanzi, not now.

The worry I have is that they'll go into the season without anybody, and like the receiver position the last two years, if Cassel goes down, they end up picking a guy off the wire on Tuesday and starting him on Sunday.

BigMeatballDave 08-11-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7817523)
Yeah and if Manning goes down the Colts are screwed.

If Brady goes down the Pats are screwed.

If Brees goes down the Saints are screwed.

If Rodgers goes down the Packers... okay, well, they would be fine actually.

But you get my point. It's the backup QB's job to maintain a high level of play when the starter goes down, but he definitely shares that responsibility with THE REST OF THE TEAM.

It's not ideal, and it's not a good situation, but it doesn't ****ing have to be. Just give Stanzi a chance and let him sink or swim.

The Packers would be fine without Rodgers? Huh?

ChiefsCountry 08-11-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo (Post 7817545)

First he is a Raiders fan and then if you saw his political takes then it confrims it.

salame 08-11-2011 01:44 PM

After seeing Stanzi, Palko and Cassel in person and up close I can tell you two of them do NOT look big enough to play in the nfl yet. Stanzi looks a LOT like Matt Cassel on the practice field other than he has got to be at least 20 lbs lighter. Palko is smaller than Stanzi.

keg in kc 08-11-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 7817579)
After seeing Stanzi, Palko and Cassel in person and up close I can tell you two of them do NOT look big enough to play in the nfl yet. Stanzi looks a LOT like Matt Cassel on the practice field other than he has got to be at least 20 lbs lighter. Palko is smaller than Stanzi.

I was calling Stanzi "Ricky Cassel" leading up to the draft, and it wasn't because he looks like Mal Reynolds.

SuperChief 08-11-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 7817579)

http://glutenfreedomatlanta.com/wp-c...-5-256x300.jpg

BigMeatballDave 08-11-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

LMAO No, he thinks he's speaking our language. Left-coasters think Chiefs fans are a bunch of rednecks and hilljacks.

Los Pollos Hermanos 08-11-2011 01:47 PM

We went all season without a quality backup QB.

I don't think there is/was a QB out there, willing to back up Cassel, that wouldn't be a liability if something happened to Cassel.

salame 08-11-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 7817582)

Stanzi looks skinny
he doesn't look thick enough to take hits
I guess you would have to see him for it to make sense

gonefishin53 08-11-2011 01:50 PM

There's no reason KC's LTOTF can't spend his first season with the Chiefs playing RT to prove his fitness and demeanor. A shortened off-season and training camp will make it tough enough just to improve on Richardson's performance. It'll be like winning the lottery if Gaither proves he's the teams best OT and deserves a shot at LT next season.

J Diddy 08-11-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7817450)

Lilja at backup?

I don't think that'd be the best move.

patteeu 08-11-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7817541)
What's to comprehend?? people are bringing up moving alberts to RT and Gaither to LT, just like claythan said.

And you mentioned knocking Lilja out of the lineup to move alberts in, which i said. (you say backup i said cut, not the point though)

Yes, that's one of the points.

1. You said cut Lilja, I didn't say anything about cutting him.

2. You and gochiefs are talking about people calling for an Albert move. I'm fine with Albert at LT as long as he performs well enough to keep the job, so I'm not calling for him to be moved. I'm also fine with the idea of Gaither beating him out, but if that happens I'd rather see Albert at LG than at RT. And if Albert moves to LG, one of the guards has to give up the spot and IMO that guy is Lilja, but he'd still be valuable to have around.

patteeu 08-11-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherLover (Post 7817606)
Lilja at backup?

I don't think that'd be the best move.

OK. In the scenario where Branden Albert moves to G, which of the three do you make a backup, Albert, Asamoah, or Lilja? I'm just operating under the assumption that Albert and Asamoah would be the best players, but if Lilja is better than one of the others, he should start.

Thig Lyfe 08-11-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7816943)

I'll bet it's really easy for this guy to create a Mii that looks like him.

SuperChief 08-11-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 7817644)
I'll bet it's really easy for this guy to create a Mii that looks like him.

That is SO ****ing funny. I peed and pooped.

the Talking Can 08-11-2011 02:45 PM

some Ravens guy on 610 talking about Gaither....edit Aaron Wilson

said he's had a "posse" in Baltimore and was kind of a knuckle head, said he (Gaither) claims he is healthy..Wilson believes he's a better LT than Oher

not sure why it didn't work with Raiders other than Raiders thought they had enough players, Wilson didn't believe it was about his back...

dunno....if this guy is healthy, seems like a great move....but hard to understand how someone that talented would be available for peanuts if it weren't a health issue,,,

Mr. Flopnuts 08-11-2011 02:53 PM

Most exciting signing of the off season AFAIC. If you could bet a dollar on the lottery, and already had 5 of the 6 numbers, would you do it?

This is a great gamble IMO, and if it pans out, we could have him for 10 years. If not, we've lost nothing.

This is the kind of move you want to see your team make.

raybec 4 08-11-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7817739)
some Ravens guy on 610 talking about Gaither....edit Aaron Wilson

said he's had a "posse" in Baltimore and was kind of a knuckle head, said he (Gaither) claims he is healthy..Wilson believes he's a better LT than Oher

not sure why it didn't work with Raiders other than Raiders thought they had enough players, Wilson didn't believe it was about his back...

dunno....if this guy is healthy, seems like a great move....but hard to understand how someone that talented would be available for peanuts if it weren't a health issue,,,

This defies logic that even Al Davis would bring him in while they thought they had enough players.

RedThat 08-11-2011 02:56 PM

Hmmm....not really sure what to think of this signing? Im a little leary but also a little excited. Im with Bosschief, cautiously optimistic. I think this is one of those signings that could either boom or bust.

He was a good left tackle for the Ravens, but there are reasons as to why they let him walk and wouldn't retain him. Plus, he hasn't started at tackle for what? 2 years?

He failed a physical with the Raiders, has back issues, and nobody out there signed him but us. He lasted in the FA market for a long time...so its clear he must have some issues. Which pretty much describes the lack of interest. Hmmmmm

I don't know? All I know as of right now, we were pretty thin on the depth charts at either tackle position. So the most Im looking at this move is nothing more than to create depth or competition in case either Richardson or Albert falter this year and don't hold up. Gaither could possibly be that insurance policy.

The good news is, he's young and has plenty of time to heal up. I think we will be going into the season with Richardson and Albert as the starters. If Richardson goes to sh*ts during the year, chances are you may have a healthy Gaither to back him up? He is a young body and can heal faster than an old one. I wouldn't exactly call him broke dick.

RedThat 08-11-2011 02:57 PM

*Actually, if Al Davis didn't sign him, then this must be a good move for the Chiefs lol

NNS 08-11-2011 03:03 PM

If Gaither's back is healthy, you got yourself a very good LT. I'm sure you have or you will hear all about the negatives about him that he's lazy, not dedicated, has a substance abuse problem, has this, doesn't have that.... Don't believe any of it. While he might need a kick in the ass to get going, he is definitely worth taking a chance on. Ravens fans were basically divided in half about Gaither. Some said he's not worth it, others said that what he brings to the field is good enough to overlook some other stuff.

Yes I'm a Ravens fan, and I was hoping we could get Gaither back. That ship sailed when they tried to make him a RT. He got upset and became aloof, but if he gets on the field he is all business. I remember a Texans game where he handled Mario Williams by himself the entire game. He never even got close to Flacco. He is a massive man as you're well aware, and doesn't require much help even against elite pass rushers. James Harrison gave him a lot of problems but you won't have to worry about that. Don't listen to any of the negatives. If any ex-Raven is going to be a problem it will probably be LeRon McClain. Good luck with him.

I was sad to see such a fan favorite like Kelly Gregg go, but I'm glad he got to go to a decent team and not Cleveland or something. He was too expensive for us and we're deep at DT, but Gregg will give you 100% in everything and do it with a great attitude. He's just a blue collar, go to work lunch pail guy.

Good luck to you. Don't know what you've been hearing about Gaither but I just wanted to give my opinion as a Ravens fan that I think your o-line got a lot better.

RedThat 08-11-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NNS (Post 7817787)
If Gaither's back is healthy, you got yourself a very good LT. I'm sure you have or you will hear all about the negatives about him that he's lazy, not dedicated, has a substance abuse problem, has this, doesn't have that.... Don't believe any of it. While he might need a kick in the ass to get going, he is definitely worth taking a chance on. Ravens fans were basically divided in half about Gaither. Some said he's not worth it, others said that what he brings to the field is good enough to overlook some other stuff.

Yes I'm a Ravens fan, and I was hoping we could get Gaither back. That ship sailed when they tried to make him a RT. He got upset and became aloof, but if he gets on the field he is all business. I remember a Texans game where he handled Mario Williams by himself the entire game. He never even got close to Flacco. He is a massive man as you're well aware, and doesn't require much help even against elite pass rushers. James Harrison gave him a lot of problems but you won't have to worry about that. Don't listen to any of the negatives. If any ex-Raven is going to be a problem it will probably be LeRon McClain. Good luck with him.

I was sad to see such a fan favorite like Kelly Gregg go, but I'm glad he got to go to a decent team and not Cleveland or something. He was too expensive for us and we're deep at DT, but Gregg will give you 100% in everything and do it with a great attitude. He's just a blue collar, go to work lunch pail guy.

Good luck to you. Don't know what you've been hearing about Gaither but I just wanted to give my opinion as a Ravens fan that I think your o-line got a lot better.

Thanks dude. Welcome to Chiefsplanet!

The Franchise 08-11-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Neg rep

Saul Good 08-11-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

First of all, thanks for the great post\info.
Second of all, STFU n00b!

KurtCobain 08-11-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7817801)
Neg rep

Don't make me nail you.

I'm down with all these ravens signings. Hey yeah, maybe they are broke dicks. Maybe Breaston is too. But it all makes me soooo hard.

Sofa King 08-11-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7817797)
Thanks dude. Welcome to Chiefsplanet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7817801)
Neg rep

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7817804)
First of all, thanks for the great post\info.
Second of all, STFU n00b!

LMAO

Quite the welcome.

Deberg_1990 08-11-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the take on Gaither. My concern is, a guy whos 6'7" 340 is pretty much always going to have back problems of some sort.....thats a ton of weight and a long back.

ShowtimeSBMVP 08-11-2011 03:50 PM

M_JG71Jared Gaither

Thanks for all the love people lets get it kc .....(I'm on my grind like that had to be said.) But y'all stay blessed

NNS 08-11-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7817853)
Thanks for the take on Gaither. My concern is, a guy whos 6'7" 340 is pretty much always going to have back problems of some sort.....thats a ton of weight and a long back.

Absolutely. I think Pioli recognizes that the risk/reward could be an enormous reward. There isn't much risk. Back in 2008 and 2009 we were looking at Gaither as a worthy heir to Jonathan Ogden. He played that well right away. He doesn't have all the technique that a great LT has, but what he lacks there he makes up for in brute force, and that huge wing span. That's why the Ravens envisioned him as a RT. That and Oher coming along with his story and being a first round pick.

Mr. Arrowhead 08-11-2011 03:53 PM

if anyone will motivate him, it will be todd haley

KurtCobain 08-11-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incarcerated O's fan (Post 7817870)
M_JG71Jared Gaither

Thanks for all the love people lets get it kc .....(I'm on my grind like that had to be said.) But y'all stay blessed

LMAO

That twitter shits crazy.

RealSNR 08-11-2011 03:55 PM

I'm surprised nobody has tried to compare this signing to Kyle Turley- getting the old pro with the bad back in a desperation move.

Ugly Duck 08-11-2011 03:57 PM

This is kinda like signing Kyle Turley

ToxSocks 08-11-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NNS (Post 7817873)
Absolutely. I think Pioli recognizes that the risk/reward could be an enormous reward. There isn't much risk. Back in 2008 and 2009 we were looking at Gaither as a worthy heir to Jonathan Ogden. He played that well right away. He doesn't have all the technique that a great LT has, but what he lacks there he makes up for in brute force, and that huge wing span. That's why the Ravens envisioned him as a RT. That and Oher coming along with his story and being a first round pick.

What do you mean good luck with McClain? What issues did he have aside from wanting to be a ball carrier?

royr17 08-11-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 7817881)

Not quite hardly. Gaither is only 25 and better than Turley. If he is healthy he will be a great pickup for the chiefs.

NNS 08-11-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7817889)
What do you mean good luck with McClain? What issues did he have aside from wanting to be a ball carrier?

Personal fouls at the worst time, he spit on Channing Crowder in a game last year, and he was a bit of a fumbler when they were giving him carries in 2008. He is a bit of a hot head and he needs to be careful. Going to the Chiefs made no sense to me. He's a pretty good fullback. If he wants to carry the ball I don't see why he would sign with a team that already has Charles and Jones. I don't know if you're cutting Jones, making McClain a hybrid fullback/halfback, or what.

Red Beans 08-11-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7817877)
I'm surprised nobody has tried to compare this signing to Kyle Turley- getting the old pro with the bad back in a desperation move.

Turley was cashing in on his AARP discount at the movies when he wheeled his Rascal up to 1 Arrowhead Drive...Sheeeeiiitttt, he was old enough to be Gaither's dad back then...

RealSNR 08-11-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Lol seriously? What a maroon!

Easy 6 08-11-2011 04:16 PM

With a different head coach, i'd worry a lot more about his work ethic, but you know Haley isnt gonna put up with him lollygaggin & scallawaggin... he'll bust his ass or go back to Unkle Al with his hat in hand.

Nice signing.

Los Pollos Hermanos 08-11-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NNS (Post 7817915)
Personal fouls at the worst time, he spit on Channing Crowder in a game last year, and he was a bit of a fumbler when they were giving him carries in 2008. He is a bit of a hot head and he needs to be careful. Going to the Chiefs made no sense to me. He's a pretty good fullback. If he wants to carry the ball I don't see why he would sign with a team that already has Charles and Jones. I don't know if you're cutting Jones, making McClain a hybrid fullback/halfback, or what.

Does he like to grab balls?

Pasta Little Brioni 08-11-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

I was sad to see such a fan favorite like Kelly Gregg go, but I'm glad he got to go to a decent team and not Cleveland or something. He was too expensive for us and we're deep at DT, but Gregg will give you 100% in everything and do it with a great attitude. He's just a blue collar, go to work lunch pail guy.Good luck to you. Don't know what you've been hearing about Gaither but I just wanted to give my opinion as a Ravens fan that I think your o-line got a lot better.

But, but, but....Gregg was as hated in Baltimore as Edwards was in KC.

Bump 08-11-2011 04:29 PM

so whats up with Gaither? I thought he was supposed to be pretty good, injuries? If nothing else, he can back up both tackles and provide much needed depth. I'm not ready to give up on Richardson either.

BossChief 08-11-2011 04:30 PM

I doubt Pioli would have any interest in signing a guy like Gaither unless he had a talk with him about what the expectations would be for him in KC.

I wonder how big the chip is that's on Jareds shoulder.

vailpass 08-11-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

A tool says what?

BossChief 08-11-2011 04:33 PM

Any idea on the contract details?

Deberg_1990 08-11-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7817968)

5 year 35 million overall...

Brock 08-11-2011 04:46 PM

FINALLY A LEFT TACKLE /sac

GoHuge 08-11-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7817968)

Heard he wanted a special provision put in that said "any player that signs as a tackle can not have a mother that is better looking than his." It's been said that after "The Blindside" came out the guys on the Ravens gave him all kinds of shit because Oher's mom was smokin hot compared to his. That's what PFT has gathered on the split.......more to come.

Ming the Merciless 08-11-2011 04:57 PM

Cassel has no excuses now, we must win the SB in 2011 or he sucks

/CP

BossChief 08-11-2011 05:03 PM

If Cassel doesnt lead this team to the playoffs and play well once he is in the postseason, the whole season should be considered a failure /realistic fans after such a great offseason

ChiefaRoo 08-11-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7817959)
A tool says what?

Below me. Don't forget to juggle the marbles too.

DeezNutz 08-11-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7818039)
If Cassel doesnt lead this team to the playoffs and play well once he is in the postseason, the whole season should be considered a failure /realistic fans after such a great offseason

But the schedule is really difficult. /fan of another team that has a franchise QB

Ugly Duck 08-11-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7817877)
I'm surprised nobody has tried to compare this signing to Kyle Turley

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7817917)
Lol seriously? What a maroon!

Its a thread-literacy thing.....

The Bad Guy 08-11-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7818001)
5 year 35 million overall...

I have a hard time believing this.

BossChief 08-11-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7818051)
I have a hard time believing this.

That's because its baseless and in no way factual information.

BossChief 08-11-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7818047)
But the schedule is really difficult. /fan of another team that has a franchise QB

I want to go on record saying that I think we have done enough to be able to compete with any team in the NFL next year...even enough to go to a championship game or superbowl...real talk, not because Ive had a couple.

IF

Cassel takes another step similar to the one he took from 2009 to 2010

Deberg_1990 08-11-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7818068)
That's because its baseless and in no way factual information.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...9-3b22a31c556a

Gravedigger 08-11-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talastan (Post 7816872)
The Ravensfication of the Chiefs continues.....

Its the Raven way.

vailpass 08-11-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo (Post 7818045)
Below me. Don't forget to juggle the marbles too.

Who's below you? What's his name?

RealSNR 08-11-2011 05:30 PM

I forgot this place's reaction when we traded for Roaf. I think all threads from that era were wiped out and weren't properly archived. Kind of a shame- would have been fun to read.

Spicy McHaggis 08-11-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7816903)
dude couldn't pass a physical for the Raiders....dicey, but what the hell...maybe he can spend a month getting in shape and give us something mid season....

The Raiders physical is one single 100m dash to be run in under 10.2 seconds.