ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ENDelt's deck thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118905)

Logical 06-05-2005 02:22 AM

I especially like the grill and counter. I think the three levels given your proclivity for drunkeness, though it looks great, could be dangerous as hell.

Nice work by Phil and I think Endo made a smart investment of his money.

Logical 06-05-2005 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
fuck yeah, they are.

Playing with the camera some... here's an attempt at some night shots.

.picture 221

This one is good 232 is IMO the best night shot.

HemiEd 06-05-2005 04:00 AM

Quote:

fuck yeah, they are.

This picture could qualify for the Sales Brochure to the Condo community. Great Job on the Deck, very nice.

Bowser 06-05-2005 09:39 AM

Where the hell do you live? Melrose Place?

Outstanding job, Phil! I'm quite jealous!

Bowser 06-05-2005 10:19 AM

Upon further review, I have decided I want to be 25 again, single, and have a place like this.

I for one expect you to put that digi camera to good use at all the right times. Please have no less than five full memory sticks with you at the ChiefsPlanet gathering. I'll make sure and get you some Natty Light. :D

Over-Head 06-05-2005 11:28 AM

Quote:

and gives my living room a pretty reddish glow.

Why End, I didn't know you had a soft side? ROFL

Jenson71 06-05-2005 03:00 PM

So, does it ever rain? Would that be a problem for the hammock?

Also, what is the point of having the two levels? Creativity? It's not bad, I'm just wondering.

Phobia 06-05-2005 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71
So, does it ever rain? Would that be a problem for the hammock?

Also, what is the point of having the two levels? Creativity? It's not bad, I'm just wondering.

The level next to the bar is raised. That serves 2 purposes:

1. It makes the height of the bar more comfortable.
2. It allows individuals under 6'4" to see the pool on the lower level. The entire bar overlooks the pool - which was kinda the point of putting the bar (and raised deck) there.

The hammock is designed to be outdoor furniture. It is resistent to rain and the resulting mildew. This is not your grandfather's canvas hammock.

Jenson71 06-05-2005 03:56 PM

Awesome. Well done. :toast:

Mr. Kotter 06-05-2005 04:01 PM

Looks very nice, gentlemen. :clap:

I hope you got paid up front for your efforts though, Phil. I suspect Brian's "entertainment" budget for the summer will crimp his cash flow... :p

Phobia 06-05-2005 04:34 PM

Thanks y'all. You guys are too kind. It was a rewarding project. I get to have the pictures and hopefully land similar, more lucrative projects in the future based upon the evidence. The thing isn't perfect, but it's pretty darn good for my first effort at a functional outdoor living space. I've done many decks, but function is generally left to the imagination of the homeowner after I've gone.

I'm particularly proud of the design elements. I had a lot of fun doing it and I know Brian is going to have fun enjoying the space for a long time and then he'll enjoy the fat check from the increased resell value, too. Heh.

That's fat "check", not fat "chick".

Logical 06-05-2005 05:16 PM

Quote:

The pattern must be playing tricks on your eyes. There's only two levels.

I guess so, I guess what I thought was the third level was actually a decorative seam. Here is the picture that deceived me.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attac...chmentid=42666

Again I think you chose wisely with this investment.

Skip Towne 06-05-2005 06:20 PM

Yeah, Endelt is definately a two level drunk. It takes years of experience to become a three level drunk.

Phobia 06-05-2005 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
I guess so, I guess what I thought was the third level was actually a decorative seam. Here is the picture that deceived me.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attac...chmentid=42666

Again I think you chose wisely with this investment.

Well, in your defense - the "level" on the far left had an additional coat of sealant applied a couple hours before that photo was taken. The level in the middle had had several days of AZ sun beating on it, so that's what you're picking up. In a couple days they'll both look very similar.

Pants 06-05-2005 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Well, in your defense - the "level" on the far left had an additional coat of sealant applied a couple hours before that photo was taken. The level in the middle had had several days of AZ sun beating on it, so that's what you're picking up. In a couple days they'll both look very similar.

Damn, can I have your skills please?

Phobia 06-05-2005 07:56 PM

Can you have my skills? Heh. I don't think I'm really all that skilled, to be honest. I have the best tools money can buy. That makes a big difference, believe it or not.

Pants 06-05-2005 08:08 PM

Quote:

Can you have my skills? Heh. I don't think I'm really all that skilled, to be honest. I have the best tools money can buy. That makes a big difference, believe it or not.

Dude, I can have the best tools in the world and fifty mexicans and I still wouldn't be able to do shit.

Skip Towne 06-05-2005 08:13 PM

Quote:

I noticed you use DeWalt products. That was my first tipoff you knew what you were doing.

Hammock Parties 06-05-2005 09:40 PM

When did you decide to get into home upgrades and etc, Phobia?

Phobia 06-06-2005 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
When did you decide to get into home upgrades and etc, Phobia?

I dunno - about 3 years ago. It was after I couldn't find any more IT related projects in Houston.

Phobia 06-06-2005 12:24 PM

I was just showing a family friend these pics. They're really good. I didn't realize how good this project turned out until just a few minutes ago. Maybe I was too tired previously.

At any rate, I'm moving this to the main forum for a while - just in case somebody wants a kickass project done on their house. Heh.

Skip Towne 06-06-2005 12:43 PM

Quote:

I dunno - about 3 years ago. It was after I couldn't find any more IT related projects in Houston.

How did you learn to do that stuff? That is artistic chit. Does your dad do that kind of thing? Any good stories on him?

Spicy McHaggis 06-06-2005 01:37 PM

Looks great Phil and Delt, good work. Makes me want to kick back myself and grill. You've motivated me now to go out by the pool rather than mow the lawn like I was going to. I thank you.

Goapics1 06-06-2005 01:41 PM

The deck looks outstanding fellas.

cadmonkey 06-06-2005 02:43 PM

Quote:

I was just showing a family friend these pics. They're really good. I didn't realize how good this project turned out until just a few minutes ago. Maybe I was too tired previously.

or maybe you were just trying to get the hell out of ENDelts house as fast as you could

Mr. Kotter 06-06-2005 02:53 PM

Quote:

...At any rate, I'm moving this to the main forum for a while - just in case somebody wants a kickass project done on their house. Heh.

I don't know; that may qualify as "spamming" right?

:spock:

Ah, crap....never mind; you own half the place now; carry on.... :p

Fairplay 06-06-2005 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
I hope you got paid up front for your efforts though, Phil.

ENdelt told me he was going to pull a JOhn on Phobia.

Mr. Kotter 06-06-2005 05:48 PM

Quote:

Phil had the final check in his hand before he left town.

Course, he probably lost it 5 minutes later.

No, no...but he was robbed and "assaulted" in the back of his new pickup, at a reststop en route home....

Phobia 06-06-2005 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
How did you learn to do that stuff? That is artistic chit. Does your dad do that kind of thing? Any good stories on him?

My dad fixes toilets and replaces light fixtures for a living. He's what you might call a "handyman".

I'm unsure how I "learned" how to do this stuff. I spend copious amounts of time researching projects like this one. I subscribe to periodicals, I watch building related shows, and I buy picture books. The rest of it just comes naturally because I'm a very particular, high maintenance person. That doesn't translate well to my checkbook, but it helps me design and build pretty things.

pink 06-07-2005 09:30 AM

Quote:

...I buy picture books.

yeah, but the cat in the hat doesn't count, dude.

J Diddy 06-07-2005 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink
yeah, but the cat in the hat doesn't count, dude.

um

That's the greatest book ever.

Mile High Mania 06-07-2005 10:05 AM

Quote:

My dad fixes toilets...

So do I, but it's only because they haven't created a "facility" that can surpass my quality control testing.

Thig Lyfe 06-07-2005 10:14 AM

Quote:

fuck yeah, they are.

The picture on 238 is fantastic.

Bob Dole 06-07-2005 11:58 AM

Bob Dole is too lazy to read through all this shit.

What's the link to ENDelt's Deckcam?

Jenny Gump 06-07-2005 12:14 PM

Quote:

I suck at photography

That can't be your foot. It doesn't have a ghey shoe attached.

Jenny Gump 06-07-2005 12:17 PM

Quote:

Oh...there they are.

yeti 06-07-2005 01:43 PM

I can't believe that I just went through this entire thread looking at the deck transform, but I couldn't stop. Good job! I used to live in the desert and that deck will be sweet to hang out on at night and grill.

pink 06-08-2005 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy
um

That's the greatest book ever.

true.

Brando 06-08-2005 08:55 AM

When are you going to start posting glamour shots of you on the deck. You know..you with your fist under your chin looking up. Maybe a nice shot of you in a kimona?

Monkeylook4food 05-31-2006 01:47 PM

This thread is awesome. I just finished a small addition for Brando's girlfriend that turned out well. Maybe I'll post pictures one day.

Mr. Kotter 06-02-2006 12:44 AM

If I bump this, will it land in the Lounge? :hmmm:

Stinger 06-02-2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeylook4food
This thread is awesome. I just finished a small addition for Brando's girlfriend that turned out well. Maybe I'll post pictures one day.

More importantly did you lose any vehicles this time?

Monkeylook4food 06-02-2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger
More importantly did you lose any vehicles this time?

I just bought a Toyota mini-van. Does that count for anything?

Bowser 07-08-2006 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeylook4food
I just bought a Toyota mini-van. Does that count for anything?

It just means you've officially lost 3/4ths of your testosterone.