ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft I'm now more sure than ever that Geno's going #1 overall. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271969)

Just Passin' By 04-11-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9578312)
Look at the hot garbage backing Alex Smith up. You can't win or have a future with that group of clowns. You HAVE to get a realistic backup to AS, why not take the best QB on the board?

You take him if you think he's your guy. You don't take him if you don't. You don't just take the guy in order to say you took a QB. Honestly, I don't understand why that seems to be such a controversial approach around here.

Bootlegged 04-11-2013 02:35 PM

Take this fwiw - a friend works for a major agent (Lagardere) - just dropped this bomb on me.

Tavon Austin is high if not at the top of the Chiefs board. They think he's better than Harvin.

Asked if he was serious and he said yes... Still not sure I believe it, but that would be a shock to the draftniks..

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-11-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootlegged (Post 9578390)
Take this fwiw - a friend works for a major agent (Lagardere) - just dropped this bomb on me.

Tavon Austin is high if not at the top of the Chiefs board. They think he's better than Harvin.

Asked if he was serious and he said yes... Still not sure I believe it, but that would be a shock to the draftniks..

That would be the best consolation prize we could ask for. HE is the kind of player and position you select with a one if no QB makes the cut on your board. WIN. DO IT.
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC 04-11-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootlegged (Post 9578390)

Well he's already made one QB look amazing with his YAC and rushing yards.

He can do that with any QB in the NFL, too.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9575373)
From the free agency megathread:

The Raiders are signing up so many QBs that it is now virtually impossible they would take Geno Smith, even if he was available at #3 overall.

And they'd be theoretically passing on him for Seneca Wallace, Terrell (sp?) Pryor and maybe even Tyler ****ing Thigpen.

What's far more likely, is what some of us already suspect: they're not passing on him at all.

Like all of the QB-specific movement that immediately pre-dated the Geno visit in KC, I think the worst kept secret behind the closed doors of GM offices across the league is that Geno Smith is officially off the board at #1 overall.

I personally think it is down to the Eagles and the Jaguars. The Eagles want Geno as a developmental guy behind Vick, and the Jags, who are largely believed to like Geno, don't want to get jumped, a la Browns with Trent Richardson last year.

And then there's the least likely option, but one I think is still somehow alive: that the Chiefs actually think Geno fits what they're trying to do, and can be special, and that they will take Geno #1 overall if the compensation they are offered for trading down isn't sexy enough.

I may have my head up my ass, as I so often do. But I think the reasonable assumption to make from here on out that Geno Smith is known league-wide to be the first overall pick. The league almost certainly knows who the players for that pick are. And I'm willing to bet the league almost certainly assumes the Chiefs are not in the running for Geno. There has been absolutely no smoke for that particular fire to be real.

What is more likely? The Chiefs trading the #1 pick to a division rival? Or the Raiders trading up to #2 or selecting Geno with the #3, KNOWING that if we stay in the #1 spot, we won't waste the pick on Geno?

Exoter175 04-11-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9577940)
They haven't passed up every draft pick and walked away, either. Would you recommend that just because it's change? Of course not.

This post made my day, because he really hits on a point most Chiefs fans are too drowned in koolaid to understand.

BigCatDaddy 04-11-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9578454)
Well he's already made one QB look amazing with his YAC and rushing yards.

He can do that with any QB in the NFL, too.

And the troll cast out his line.....

BossChief 04-11-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9578345)
You take him if you think he's your guy. You don't take him if you don't. You don't just take the guy in order to say you took a QB. Honestly, I don't understand why that seems to be such a controversial approach around here.

Because we passed on guys like Rodgers, Flacco, Kaepernick, Wilson, Dalton and Brees because "they weren't good enough"

At some point, the excuse makes the regime seem like a bunch of pussies that are scared to take a chance in a league that rewards teams that take risks.

It's sad that this fanbase drools over players that weren't good enough for other teams, but deem every quarterback in the draft "not good enough"

RealSNR 04-11-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9577940)
They haven't passed up every draft pick and walked away, either. Would you recommend that just because it's change? Of course not.

False equivalency.

And it's just plain silly how you're STILL playing up this Tom Brady shit as anything else but blind luck.

Guess what? The Rams had to sign Kurt Warner and put faith in him as the back up to Trent Green. Are you going to say that's luck, but Tom Brady isn't?

RealSNR 04-11-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578459)
This post made my day, because he really hits on a point most Chiefs fans are too drowned in koolaid to understand.

Oh. NOOOOOWWW I remember why I called you illogical.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-11-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9578479)
And the troll cast out his line.....

That post right there earns him at least a douche nomination...wow

Just Passin' By 04-11-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578488)
False equivalency.

It's not a false equivalency at all, and you're smart enough to know that.

Quote:

And it's just plain silly how you're STILL playing up this Tom Brady shit as anything else but blind luck.

I'm not playing anything up. I'm responding to some really stupid posts by people by giving what should be obvious answers.

Quote:

Guess what? The Rams had to sign Kurt Warner and put faith in him as the back up to Trent Green. Are you going to say that's luck, but Tom Brady isn't?

Why would I say that was luck for the Rams? Warner earned his spot. He wasn't just randomly picked out of a lineup.

BigCatDaddy 04-11-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9578496)
That post right there earns him at least a douche nomination...wow

That's the tip of the iceberg for him, but I just figured he would just a nomination as a badge of honor.

Just Passin' By 04-11-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9578480)
Because we passed on guys like Rodgers, Flacco, Kaepernick, Wilson, Dalton and Brees because "they weren't good enough"

At some point, the excuse makes the regime seem like a bunch of pussies that are scared to take a chance in a league that rewards teams that take risks.

It's sad that this fanbase drools over players that weren't good enough for other teams, but deem every quarterback in the draft "not good enough"

Kaepernick, Wilson, Dalton and Brees were all taken after the first round. Rodgers was taken 24th in the same draft where Alex Smith went #1 overall, and Flacco was taken at 18, well behind Matt Ryan.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578493)
Oh. NOOOOOWWW I remember why I called you illogical.

How is that illogical? He makes a good point.

So many people are over here saying we HAVE to select a QB with our pick, acting like we've tossed every pick in every draft away.

The reality of it is, we've built some pretty damned good teams passing on "sure thing" QB's that didn't turn out to be a "sure thing", and we've also passed on guys who became great talents. But what irks me, is people don't understand that we didn't pass on them because they weren't good enough, we passed on them because at that time, we didn't need them in their raw form, and we had no concrete indication that they'd ever become "what they are".

The thing is, when you have a franchise QB, or you think you do, you generally don't draft QB's inside of the fourth round unless either A. he's a highly talented Project QB, or because you're ready to start grooming his heir.

So far, our Front Office, Coaching Staff, and Owners have thought every year that we had our guy with Cassel, and with Green, and so forth, but the reality is, we've just had re-tread QB's who were good enough to make us forget about setting up a franchise guy for the future, but not good enough to keep us competitive for year after year.

RealSNR 04-11-2013 03:26 PM

I really have to explain this to you?

Team X has a starting QB still in his prime with a Super Bowl appearance to his name. The team is consistently putting up winning seasons and playoff appearances. In one draft, they are given a compensatory selection, with which they see this QB prospect that they kinda like. They say, "Why not? Never hurts to draft a QB, and this guy looks pretty good for a 6th rounder." That pick ends up winning them three Super Bowls. His name gets mentioned in conversations about the greatest QB to ever play the game.

And you say there's no luck involved.

...Ooooooooookay

Exoter175 04-11-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578514)

Team X has a starting QB still in his prime with a Super Bowl appearance to his name. The team is consistently putting up winning seasons and playoff appearances. In one draft, they are given a compensatory selection, with which they see this QB prospect that they kinda like. They say, "Why not? Never hurts to draft a QB, and this guy looks pretty good for a 6th rounder." That pick ends up winning them three Super Bowls. His name gets mentioned in conversations about the greatest QB to ever play the game.

...Ooooooooookay

Now I know you're not talking to me, you should use Quotes more often . LMAO

Just Passin' By 04-11-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578514)

...Ooooooooookay

Where did I say there was no luck involved? At some level, every pick is lucky. The Colts are lucky they drafted #1 in the years of Manning and Luck. The Chiefs aren't lucky in that way.

What I said was that saying they were lucky is stupid, specifically because

Quote:

Every pick in the draft is an educated guess, and every pick except #1 overall is a product of what teams in front do with their picks.

RealSNR 04-11-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578511)
How is that illogical? He makes a good point.

So many people are over here saying we HAVE to select a QB with our pick, acting like we've tossed every pick in every draft away.

The reality of it is, we've built some pretty damned good teams passing on "sure thing" QB's that didn't turn out to be a "sure thing", and we've also passed on guys who became great talents. But what irks me, is people don't understand that we didn't pass on them because they weren't good enough, we passed on them because at that time, we didn't need them in their raw form, and we had no concrete indication that they'd ever become "what they are".

The thing is, when you have a franchise QB, or you think you do, you generally don't draft QB's inside of the fourth round unless either A. he's a highly talented Project QB, or because you're ready to start grooming his heir.

So far, our Front Office, Coaching Staff, and Owners have thought every year that we had our guy with Cassel, and with Green, and so forth, but the reality is, we've just had re-tread QB's who were good enough to make us forget about setting up a franchise guy for the future, but not good enough to keep us competitive for year after year.

It's illogical because it spits in the face of the fact that great QBs make up such a ****ing huge portion of the Super Bowl Winning probability pie.

The reason why 30 years of failure/30 years of no 1st round QB works is because the first round TENDS TO BE where these guys are to be found. At the very least, drafting a QB in the first round shows that the team is very conscious of how important the QB position is.

If there were the same success rate for teams that vacate all of their draft picks and then win the Super Bowl, MAYBE you'd have an argument.

Until we see some data on that, then yes, it absolutely is a false equivalence.

Just Passin' By 04-11-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578530)
It's illogical because it spits in the face of the fact that great QBs make up such a ****ing huge portion of the Super Bowl Winning probability pie.

The reason why 30 years of failure/30 years of no 1st round QB works is because the first round TENDS TO BE where these guys are to be found. At the very least, drafting a QB in the first round shows that the team is very conscious of how important the QB position is.

If there were the same success rate for teams that vacate all of their draft picks and then win the Super Bowl, MAYBE you'd have an argument.

It's not a false equivalence and, again, you're smart enough to know that. You are also smart enough to know that you find SB winning QBs outside the first round just about as often as you find them inside the first round. The data backs that up.

If it was all about being taken #1, or even taken in the first round, Alex Smith would still be in SF.

RealSNR 04-11-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9578526)
Where did I say there was no luck involved? At some level, every pick is lucky. The Colts are lucky they drafted #1 in the years of Manning and Luck. The Chiefs aren't lucky in that way.

What I said was that saying they were lucky is stupid, specifically because

So what about the Packers drafting a QB in the first round with the full intention of having him take over for Favre, sitting him on the bench for three years, and purposefully throwing Favre into the dumpster even though he was still playing pretty good football? Is that the same amount of luck that went into the Tom Brady pick at 199th overall?

RealSNR 04-11-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9578535)
It's not a false equivalence and, again, you're smart enough to know that. You are also smart enough to know that you find SB winning QBs outside the first round just about as often as you find them inside the first round. The data backs that up.

If it was all about being taken #1, or even taken in the first round, Alex Smith would still be in SF.

Do you know what a false equivalence is?

And the data DOESN'T back that up. It only looks that way because there are a lot more QBs that get drafted in six rounds than just the one. When you see all these Tony Romos, Tom Bradys, and Russell Wilsons and say, "HA! See? You don't need to draft a QB in the first round to have a super star!" that's true, yes. It's also far more unlikely given the wide field of QBs that get drafted in rounds 2-7.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578530)

Where exactly does it show that my statement spits in the face of anything?

All it does is point out the fact that not picking a QB #1 doesn't throw every pick away. That great teams are still built through the draft regardless of whether or not they drafted a QB to get there.

For as many times as you can come up with a 1st round pick getting a team to the playoffs, I'll show you just as many 1st round picks who didn't get to the playoffs.

Furthermore, I'll show you QB's winning in the playoffs that weren't 1st round picks.

You don't NEED a first round QB to make it to the playoffs. You don't NEED a first round QB to win in the playoffs, and you don't NEED a first round QB to win a super bowl.

Those statements aren't illogical, what is illogical, however, is suggesting you DO need a first round QB to get anywhere in this league.

RealSNR 04-11-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578647)
Where exactly does it show that my statement spits in the face of anything?

All it does is point out the fact that not picking a QB #1 doesn't throw every pick away. That great teams are still built through the draft regardless of whether or not they drafted a QB to get there.

For as many times as you can come up with a 1st round pick getting a team to the playoffs, I'll show you just as many 1st round picks who didn't get to the playoffs.

Furthermore, I'll show you QB's winning in the playoffs that weren't 1st round picks.

You don't NEED a first round QB to make it to the playoffs. You don't NEED a first round QB to win in the playoffs, and you don't NEED a first round QB to win a super bowl.

Those statements aren't illogical, what is illogical, however, is suggesting you DO need a first round QB to get anywhere in this league.

The illogical statement was, "Why is it so important to draft a QB just because it hasn't been done in 30 years? The team also hasn't vacated all of its draft picks in 30 years, maybe it should try doing that."

SAUTO 04-11-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578456)
What is more likely? The Chiefs trading the #1 pick to a division rival? Or the Raiders trading up to #2 or selecting Geno with the #3, KNOWING that if we stay in the #1 spot, we won't waste the pick on Geno?

Why would you call it a waste?
Posted via Mobile Device

Exoter175 04-11-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578664)
The illogical statement was, "Why is it so important to draft a QB just because it hasn't been done in 30 years? The team also hasn't vacated all of its draft picks in 30 years, maybe it should try doing that."

Quote it, I don't believe you can.

RealSNR 04-11-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578671)
Quote it, I don't believe you can.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=151

To which you said...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578459)

Exoter175 04-11-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9578667)
Why would you call it a waste?
Posted via Mobile Device

Because we won't be spending a pick on Geno Smith period. That's why.

Why spend a pick on a QB who's no better than your 2nd and 3rd string guys, after you just gave up two 2nd's for a starting QB you think could be the last piece to your playoff puzzle, when you can sign a tackle, guard, Wide Receiver, or whatever, that instantly makes your team better.

Drafting Geno #1 overall doesn't make us immediately better. You know what does?

Joeckel, Warmack, Lotuleilei, Fisher, Milliner, etc.

RealSNR 04-11-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578681)
Because we won't be spending a pick on Geno Smith period. That's why.

Why spend a pick on a QB who's no better than your 2nd and 3rd string guys, after you just gave up two 2nd's for a starting QB you think could be the last piece to your playoff puzzle, when you can sign a tackle, guard, Wide Receiver, or whatever, that instantly makes your team better.

Drafting Geno #1 overall doesn't make us immediately better. You know what does?

Joeckel, Warmack, Lotuleilei, Fisher, Milliner, etc.

Nothing makes us immediately better except MAYBE a pass rusher. Our 1.1 pick is just not going to have much of an opportunity to make a difference in his rookie year. It's that ****ing simple.

Unless you're advocating drafting an ILB, G, C, or RB2 at 1.1

May as well take a ****ing QB

penbrook 04-11-2013 04:57 PM

Safety Sherrod Martin from the Panthers is visiting the Chiefs today and tommorow. Also are bringing in a unknown player from defensive side tommorow.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578676)

You didn't quote it.

The statement he made was putting the shoe on the other foot and pointing out how stupid your statement was using irony as a tool for comparison.

You are also making several assumptions in your statement for what he "meant" by that statement, and not actually what he "said".

So its safe to say you don't understand why I said that statement made my day.

Work on that whole comprehension thing.

RealSNR 04-11-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578697)
You didn't quote it.

The statement he made was putting the shoe on the other foot and pointing out how stupid your statement was using irony as a tool for comparison.

It was a ****ing fallacy, you moron. For reasons I've already ****ing explained.

A: Drafting a QB in the first round is the most likely way to find a franchise starter. We haven't done so in 30 years. Maybe we should change that.
B: You also haven't vacated all your draft picks. Do you want to change to that strategy?

That's what he ****ing said, right? That's a fallacy. It's the exact same thing as:

A: All my friends built successful football teams by drafting a QB in the first round.
B: If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?

Exoter175 04-11-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578690)
Nothing makes us immediately better except MAYBE a pass rusher. Our 1.1 pick is just not going to have much of an opportunity to make a difference in his rookie year. It's that ****ing simple.

Unless you're advocating drafting an ILB, G, C, or RB2 at 1.1

May as well take a ****ing QB

God, you couldn't be more wrong.

In our style of a 3-4, we don't need another pass rusher, we have plenty. Tamba Hali and Justin Houston really are all the pass rushers we need. DE's in our style of a 3-4 are less about pass rushing technique and more about a bull rush/run stopping approach. So saying we need a pass rusher, or that the only thing that could make this team better is a pass rusher, is stupid. That just adds depth.

We could immediately use:

1. RT
2. LG
3. Center

Positions that Joeckel, Fisher, and/or Warmack could fill immediately. And saying the 1.1 isn't going to make a difference in his rookie year is the most idiotic thing I've heard in quite a long time, our 1.1 will be an immediate starter on this team. If that isn't "making a difference" I don't know what is.

We could also immediately use:

1. Wide Receiver
2. Inside Linebacker
3. Cornerback

Guys like Patterson, Austin, Te'o, Milliner, Rhodes, and Ogletree.

If we could ask for a best case scenario, its going to be trading back with the Bills, Jets, or whomever into the 8-17 range, and picking up an extra pick or two.

Drafting Geno smith would be a major setback to this regime.

O.city 04-11-2013 05:07 PM

For someone who says you don't NEED a first round QB to be succesful, it's a little ironic that same person says you need to spend the first overall pick on a LG or C, or for that matter a CB when we just signed 2 in free agency to start, or a 34 ILB.

RealSNR 04-11-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578720)

In our style of a 3-4, we don't need another pass rusher, we have plenty. Tamba Hali and Justin Houston really are all the pass rushers we need. DE's in our style of a 3-4 are less about pass rushing technique and more about a bull rush/run stopping approach. So saying we need a pass rusher, or that the only thing that could make this team better is a pass rusher, is stupid. That just adds depth.

1. RT
2. LG
3. Center

Positions that Joeckel, Fisher, and/or Warmack could fill immediately. And saying the 1.1 isn't going to make a difference in his rookie year is the most idiotic thing I've heard in quite a long time, our 1.1 will be an immediate starter on this team. If that isn't "making a difference" I don't know what is.

1. Wide Receiver
2. Inside Linebacker
3. Cornerback

If we could ask for a best case scenario, its going to be trading back with the Bills, Jets, or whomever into the 8-17 range, and picking up an extra pick or two.

You advocate drafting a RT, LG, C, WR, ILB, or a CB at 1.1?

I'm just trying to make sure you're really this dumb. I want to get this right.

O.city 04-11-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578729)

In a draft thats extremely deep at those exact positions, that wouldn't be the best idea.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578716)
It was a ****ing fallacy, you moron. For reasons I've already ****ing explained.

A: Drafting a QB in the first round is the most likely way to find a franchise starter. We haven't done so in 30 years. Maybe we should change that.
B: You also haven't vacated all your draft picks. Do you want to change to that strategy?

That's what he ****ing said, right? That's a fallacy. It's the exact same thing as:

A: All my friends built successful football teams by drafting a QB in the first round.
B: If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?

lol, its so cute when you try to act smart and use intellectual words to prove a point, and then make a really bad point for your argument.

The aspect is extremism, you moron.

And your second A/B reference is misleading and highly off subject.

Of all 32 teams today, the top 16 (successful) rosters were not all put together with QB's from the 1st round.

More importantly going to your first A/B point, he was bringing up an action polarizing your extremist argument, which is, we must draft first round QB's.

You NEVER made a point that 1st round QB's tend to have higher chances at being franchise QB's. You simply stated we had to use our 1st on a QB because we never do it.

You didn't use logic to make your point, which would have sounded like, "We have the 1.1 pick, we can take anybody in the draft. We need a franchise QB and there's a higher percentage chance that our pick will land a Franchise QB than if we chose a QB in the 2nd round".

Had you said that, nobody would ever argue with you, because it is true.

But no, your reasoning for drafting in a QB wasn't intellectual, or logical. You didn't use reason for suggesting we draft a QB in the 1st round, you used some bogus superstition that you want to break. According to you, we should draft a QB in the 1st round because we haven't done it in a billion years. That, is illogical, sir.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578727)
For someone who says you don't NEED a first round QB to be succesful, it's a little ironic that same person says you need to spend the first overall pick on a LG or C, or for that matter a CB when we just signed 2 in free agency to start, or a 34 ILB.

Really? I said we need to spend the first overall pick on those positions?

Quote me saying that.

I merely pointed out that we have positions of need that would immediately impact this team as a starter, over selecting a QB who at best, is your #3 QB this year.

Quote:

No, I am not advocating that. I never once stated that the selection would be based on the 1.1.

Again, try a little reading comprehension and stop making assumptions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578735)
In a draft thats extremely deep at those exact positions, that wouldn't be the best idea.

According to whom?

Deep as in plenty of future talent? Or deep as in plenty of starter talent?

As it sits right now, there's probably 3 starting corners and 2 starting 3-4 ILB's in this draft.

O.city 04-11-2013 05:16 PM

The 1st round is the best place to find a franchise QB. It isn't the only place, as it's not the only place to find a franchise anything. But the percentages are better, as better players are generally taken there.

The Chiefs picked a shit year to be there at the top, when there isn't an elite guy at any spot there. It is what it is.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578748)
The 1st round is the best place to find a franchise QB. It isn't the only place, as it's not the only place to find a franchise anything. But the percentages are better, as better players are generally taken there.

The Chiefs picked a shit year to be there at the top, when there isn't an elite guy at any spot there. It is what it is.

And looking at our situation right now, would drafting Geno Smith@ 1.1 make any sense whatsoever?

O.city 04-11-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578720)

1. RT
2. LG
3. Center

1. Wide Receiver
2. Inside Linebacker
3. Cornerback

So in this thread, you aren't advocating drafting any of these guys?

Exoter175 04-11-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578753)
So in this thread, you aren't advocating drafting any of these guys?

I'm all for drafting any of those guys over Geno Smith, and several others who aren't even listed............

O.city 04-11-2013 05:19 PM

You list Teo as a starting 34 ILB, when thats not even what he fits into. There are about 5 34 ILB prospects that will be available in the 3 round who could start immediately.

O.city 04-11-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578746)
Really? I said we need to spend the first overall pick on those positions?

Quote me saying that.

I merely pointed out that we have positions of need that would immediately impact this team as a starter, over selecting a QB who at best, is your #3 QB this year.

No, I am not advocating that. I never once stated that the selection would be based on the 1.1.

According to whom?

Deep as in plenty of future talent? Or deep as in plenty of starter talent?

As it sits right now, there's probably 3 starting corners and 2 starting 3-4 ILB's in this draft.

So I just quoted you saying that and you verified that yes, you would draft any of those guys at 1. Guys who would play RT, LG, C, #4 CB, #3 WR for us.

KC native 04-11-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

How dare you question the PhD mechanic! Don't you know that all his hours for his ASE cert make him an expert in everything?

Exoter175 04-11-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578760)
You list Teo as a starting 34 ILB, when thats not even what he fits into. There are about 5 34 ILB prospects that will be available in the 3 round who could start immediately.

He could immediately plug into our defense and replace belcher at belcher's level of play. Whether that he's natural fitment or not, make no difference.

Also, I don't see 5 ILB's available in round 3 that could start for us immediately.

Please name them.

O.city 04-11-2013 05:21 PM

And with the universal ignore function, he no longer exists on my computer.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578763)
So I just quoted you saying that and you verified that yes, you would draft any of those guys at 1. Guys who would play RT, LG, C, #4 CB, #3 WR for us.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Wrong.

I didn't say, nor did you quote me saying I'd draft them AT 1.

I said I'd draft them. I didn't say where.

I specifically listed guys anywhere from the #8ish spot all the way up into the high 20's because I'm advocating trading out more than anything, and I might have even said that in this thread already.

Pay more attention.

KC native 04-11-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578767)
He could immediately plug into our defense and replace belcher at belcher's level of play. Whether that he's natural fitment or not, make no difference.

Also, I don't see 5 ILB's available in round 3 that could start for us immediately.

Please name them.

ROFL Are you ****ing serious? Teo is ****ing slow and stupid.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9578764)
How dare you question the PhD mechanic! Don't you know that all his hours for his ASE cert make him an expert in everything?

Somebody's butthurt.
Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578768)
And with the universal ignore function, he no longer exists on my computer.

Untrue. You'll see the name and "view post" everywhere.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9578774)
ROFL Are you ****ing serious? Teo is ****ing slow and stupid.

Like Belcher, God Rest is Soul, was a sprinter and a scholar.

O.city 04-11-2013 05:26 PM

Our OL struggled at not being versatile last year. OL's need time together to gel, which is why I'm not big on keeping ALbert for a year, drafting a LT to play at RT for a year then moving him over.

Either trade Albert or draft a pass rusher. Or a DL. Or both and take Sheldon Richardson.

KC native 04-11-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578778)
Like Belcher, God Rest is Soul, was a sprinter and a scholar.

**** belcher's soul. Teo would not step in at Belcher's level. He couldn't keep up against Bama. What the **** makes you think he will step into the NFL at a starter's level?

MeatRock 04-11-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9578764)

LMAO oh shit. I remember that thread. ****ing golden.LMAO

RealSNR 04-11-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578740)

Of all 32 teams today, the top 16 (successful) rosters were not all put together with QB's from the 1st round.

I'm not quoting the rest of your post because it all seemed to hinge on this loose piece of shit that you think invalidates me somehow. If you were paying attention, I already brought up this point. Obviously you weren't, though. The rest of the post is a gigantic ****ing lie that completely ignores what I'm trying to say.

Second of all, back the **** up. I only ever responded to you because you were extolling JustPassinBy's terrible and fallacious post. I'm not getting into a QB debate with someone like you. I thought it would be okay just to focus on that one argument, but clearly even that's beyond your reach.

Explain how I made JustPassinBy's argument misleading and off subject.

I'll wait.

RealSNR 04-11-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578746)

Then what the ****'s the point of bringing up impact with the 1.1 pick and then listing the positions you did? Sure as **** looked like you said, "The Chiefs can find an immediate impact player at any of these positions."

It's either that or you're backpedaling something fierce. I'm going to guess that's what you really meant.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578780)
Our OL struggled at not being versatile last year. OL's need time together to gel, which is why I'm not big on keeping ALbert for a year, drafting a LT to play at RT for a year then moving him over.

Either trade Albert or draft a pass rusher. Or a DL. Or both and take Sheldon Richardson.

1. I'm for trading albert to get our 2 #2's back.
2. We don't need a pass rusher
3. We sure as **** don't need Richardson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9578781)
**** belcher's soul. Teo would not step in at Belcher's level. He couldn't keep up against Bama. What the **** makes you think he will step into the NFL at a starter's level?

He would, in fact, step in at Belcher's level, because Te'o plays nearly the same type of game as Belcher does, filling in for him would be the most "comfortable" and "native" position he could probably find in the NFL. Whether or not he's slightly better or slightly worse doesn't matter, if we're talking marginal either way. Its not like Belcher was a Pro Bowler either.

RealSNR 04-11-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578772)

I said I'd draft them. I didn't say where.

YOU'RE SAYING THE CHIEFS SHOULD ADDRESS SOME OF THEIR NEEDS AT SOME POINT IN THEIR DRAFT?

OH MY ****ING GOD WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THIS BEFORE?

Exoter175 04-11-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578787)
I'm not quoting the rest of your post because it all seemed to hinge on this loose piece of shit that you think invalidates me somehow. If you were paying attention, I already brought up this point. Obviously you weren't, though. The rest of the post is a gigantic ****ing lie that completely ignores what I'm trying to say.

Second of all, back the **** up. I only ever responded to you because you were extolling JustPassinBy's terrible and fallacious post. I'm not getting into a QB debate with someone like you. I thought it would be okay just to focus on that one argument, but clearly even that's beyond your reach.

Explain how I made JustPassinBy's argument misleading and off subject.

I'll wait.

Explain? Sure.

A/B comment about all of your friends building successful teams by drafting a QB in the first round. That simply is not true.

Point explained, I rest my case.

Off subject? Easy!

Suggesting that the only way to improve is by doing something we haven't done, IE, drafting a QB in the first round, EVEN IF WE DO NOT NEED ONE OR HE IS NOT BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE.

That, is illogical. IE, lacking Logic.

Yet I'm the illogical one. Oh heavens SNR, you're smart, but you are so blindly opinionated that you often look stupid and foolish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578795)
Then what the ****'s the point of bringing up impact with the 1.1 pick and then listing the positions you did? Sure as **** looked like you said, "The Chiefs can find an immediate impact player at any of these positions."

It's either that or you're backpedaling something fierce. I'm going to guess that's what you really meant.

Or, and watch as I unveil the grand scheme here.

I simply named off guys we could pick in the first round that offer an upside over, whether we took them at 1.1 or 1.32, I didn't specify, nor did I need to.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578803)
YOU'RE SAYING THE CHIEFS SHOULD ADDRESS SOME OF THEIR NEEDS AT SOME POINT IN THEIR DRAFT?

OH MY ****ING GOD WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THIS BEFORE?

Because we were too busy thinking about what we could do with that 1.1 selecting a QB, which we've never done. :thumb:

MeatRock 04-11-2013 05:39 PM

Drafting a QB or a pass rusher is the only option if Dorsey stays put at 1.1. QB's and pass rushers are the currency of the NFL in today's game.

If Alex Smith turns out to be great and a late bloomer while Geno turns out to be average, you can always trade QB's for high draft picks.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9578820)
Drafting a QB or a pass rusher is the only option if Dorsey stays put at 1.1. QB's and pass rushers are the currency of the NFL in today's game.

If Alex Smith turns out to be great and a late bloomer while Geno turns out to be average, you can always trade QB's for high draft picks.

And I'll put a lifetime ban, me vs. you, that says that if we stay at the 1.1, we draft someone who isn't a pass rusher or QB.

Why?

Because we don't need one.

MeatRock 04-11-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578827)
And I'll put a lifetime ban, me vs. you, that says that if we stay at the 1.1, we draft someone who isn't a pass rusher or QB.

Why?

Because we don't need one.

**** you and your life time ban. I just don't care that much about you.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-11-2013 05:43 PM

Would everyone just shut the **** up !!!

O.city 04-11-2013 05:44 PM

Are you guys still debating the "mechanic"?

Jesus, people here need to use the universal ignore. It's really glorious.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9578830)
**** you and your life time ban. I just don't care that much about you.

It isn't about getting me banned, you idiot. Its about having confidence in what you preach.

I'm saying right now, there is absolutely ZERO chance that the Chiefs draft either a pass rusher or a QB in the first round of this draft with the first selection of the draft.

I'm challenging you to a lifetime ban not because I want to see you gone, but because I'm THAT CONFIDENT in my analysis.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578840)
Are you guys still debating the "mechanic"?

Jesus, people here need to use the universal ignore. It's really glorious.

You know they are, it says my name right there between the posts regardless if I am on ignore or not.

I learned this with Sauto when I ignored him.

Now you're just amusement trolling. LMAO

MeatRock 04-11-2013 05:50 PM

It doesn't matter how confident you think you are. You have absolutely ZERO knowledge of who the Chiefs will draft. Period. Your magical mechanic PHD cannot help you here. You're all speculation.

I'm telling you that in today's game, the QB and pass rusher is the smart move at 1.1. Dorsey told you and everyone else that they will not just draft for need. They will take the best player available.

O.city 04-11-2013 05:52 PM

There won't be any trading down either.

ChiefAshhole20 04-11-2013 05:57 PM

I just simply can't understand the notion that we shouldn't draft a QB first overall because he isn't worth it, but would rather address the position 3 years down the road when we can no longer get quality play out of him and are forced to pick up another retread QB (which apparently is the absolute worst solution possible according to CP). This is our way out from QB purgatory people... If we draft Geno, that is the end of our QB troubles for years to come, if we don't, prepare to trade for Josh Freeman or Andy Dalton in a few years.

O.city 04-11-2013 05:58 PM

I wouldn't have been upset trading for Freeman this year. IIRC, there was some talk about it.

MeatRock 04-11-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9578880)
I just simply can't understand the notion that we shouldn't draft a QB first overall because he isn't worth it, but would rather address the position 3 years down the road when we can no longer get quality play out of him and are forced to pick up another retread QB (which apparently is the absolute worst solution possible according to CP). This is our way out from QB purgatory people... If we draft Geno, that is the end of our QB troubles for years to come, if we don't, prepare to trade for Josh Freeman or Andy Dalton in a few years.

Drafting Geno Smith does not guarantee anything other than the Chiefs tried.

TribalElder 04-11-2013 06:00 PM

AHHHHHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

what will we do on the 25th?

Exoter175 04-11-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9578865)
It doesn't matter how confident you think you are. You have absolutely ZERO knowledge of who the Chiefs will draft. Period. Your magical mechanic PHD cannot help you here. You're all speculation.

I'm telling you that in today's game, the QB and pass rusher is the smart move at 1.1. Dorsey told you and everyone else that they will not just draft for need. They will take the best player available.

1. Zero knowledge of who the Chiefs will draft? According to whom? Remember, I was the first to call Andy Reid and quite a few other moves this off season. I do have insider information, and after that article came out that said the Chiefs had the draft selection narrowed down to 4 players, my insider came back and told me the number was actually 5.

2. All we are here, on this forum, is speculation. It just happens to be that I speculate a bit more logical than some of you thinking we'll draft a QB still.

3. Dorsey also didn't say that he would ONLY take the best player available, and anyone with an IQ over 75 knows that Dorsey saying that they won't draft just for need, but will take BPA, knows that he's trying not to show his cards too early or too often, so he keeps teams guessing on what HE will be doing, which brings up the trade value in an already shitty draft. The logical option here is to trade, but with such a bad draft for top picks, it would be the mark of a truly talented GM to be able to trade out of this position. So lets see what he can do. Worst case scenario, we stay at 1.1 don't draft a QB or pass rusher, and we look forward to our season.
Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9578869)
There won't be any trading down either.

Considering the Chiefs have had at least 3 teams contact them about a trade in this draft, I wouldn't be so certain.

Gravedigger 04-11-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578841)
It isn't about getting me banned, you idiot. Its about having confidence in what you preach.

I'm saying right now, there is absolutely ZERO chance that the Chiefs draft either a pass rusher or a QB in the first round of this draft with the first selection of the draft.

I'm challenging you to a lifetime ban not because I want to see you gone, but because I'm THAT CONFIDENT in my analysis.

Analysis is a pretty generous term for pissing in the wind and hoping it doesn't hit you in the face.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9578880)

How can you say that drafting Geno is the end of our QB troubles for years?

Not a single talking head in the NFL right now thinks he could start right away, and most are calling him a project, some are even mocking him out of the 2nd round.

How would drafting a career backup, end our QB troubles?

Exoter175 04-11-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9578889)
Analysis is a pretty generous term for pissing in the wind and hoping it doesn't hit you in the face.

That's why I like to measure the direction of the wind before I unzip. :thumb:

RealSNR 04-11-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578844)
You know they are, it says my name right there between the posts regardless if I am on ignore or not.

I assume O.City has super ignore, which automatically hides any post that directly quotes you or is posted by you.

And I'm not talking about, "This message is hidden because SNR is on your ignore list." It removes it completely from view. Like it never happened.

Exoter175 04-11-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9578896)
I assume O.City has super ignore, which automatically hides any post that directly quotes you or is posted by you.

And I'm not talking about, "This message is hidden because SNR is on your ignore list." It removes it completely from view. Like it never happened.

He wouldn't do that though, I'm far too entertaining in argument. :thumb:

O.city 04-11-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9578844)

I jumped on CP on my phone without logging in, so I thought I'd take you off ignore long enough to respond to this.

With the universal ignore function, I don't have to read any of your drivel, or see anyone who quotes you. It's really glorious.

Anyway, carry on.