ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life I Hit A Bald Eagle With My Truck (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352660)

displacedinMN 03-07-2024 02:45 PM

damn. Hope you are ok.

I hope I never do that.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-07-2024 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenchief (Post 17431421)
About 6-10 pounds or so.

This was clearly an accident. I know I wont be in trouble for the death and i didn't touch it until cops got on the scene so there's no question that I did not keep anything.

Cop said he'd been an APD cop for almost 20 years. Never seen this before. Pretty wild.

Closest thing I ever saw was camping in the Northwoods. My son and I were collecting firewood and out of the corner of my eye I saw a pretty large bird crash to the floor of the forest about 100 yards away. No wounds or anything so I assume it was natural causes, but it must have died literally while flying because it came down full speed, definitely didn't just fall from a tree. My son thought it was the coolest thing ever, doesn't even compare to this.

I really can't get over the pic, you could make a hell of a meme out of that one. ROFL

DaFace 03-07-2024 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17431400)
Yeah, do not post that to social media. I believe there are some pretty unreasonable laws. Murderer.

There are, but the main thing is to report it. Since he did that, it should be fine.

Fish 03-07-2024 03:01 PM

Freedom murderer.

https://media.tenor.com/JZE4KyUbU9AAAAAM/cry-tears.gif

Buehler445 03-07-2024 03:04 PM

LOL Nice.

My buddy almost took the ditch to avoid a big ass eagle.

When I was probably 12, this cat we had working for us was driving my dad's pickup with me in the passenger seat boogying down a county road where I see some Turkey Vultures chewing on a crusty jackrabbit. So I see them and one is a little slow to get moving, but whatever, the dude is normally a pretty reasonable driver, pretty soon the dumbass dives down into the seat. I'm naturally like WHAT THE ****

"one of those big ****ers hits the windshield, it's coming in!'

"Might be a good idea to, I dunno, SLOW THE **** DOWN"

My unlicensed ass started drving more after that.

It was pretty close. It shit all over the headlight.

FlaChief58 03-07-2024 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 17431447)

ROFL

Straight, No Chaser 03-07-2024 03:15 PM

Damn, what a shame. Shocking. What a beautiful (dead) bird.

ptlyon 03-07-2024 03:16 PM

The only personal amusing story I have, and I say amusing because, well, it is. It's not like hitting a deer or something, because that is definitely not amusing.

Anyway, turkey hunting, Easter morning, my brother and I woke up late. Jumped in the truck and went barreling down the road to the place where we had some treed the night before. Yup, out pops a bunny out of the ditch and I ran it over. No Easter eggs or chocolate bunnies for the local kids that Easter.

mikeyis4dcats. 03-07-2024 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenchief (Post 17431421)
About 6-10 pounds or so.

This was clearly an accident. I know I wont be in trouble for the death and i didn't touch it until cops got on the scene so there's no question that I did not keep anything.

Cop said he'd been an APD cop for almost 20 years. Never seen this before. Pretty wild.

Actually you may still be fined for it. A had lunch with a KS Game Warden a few years ago and he told me he had to write a little old lady a ticket because she had hit a blue jay with her car. It's technically still a violation of the Migratory Bird act to do so.

KCJake 03-07-2024 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 17431391)
Holy hell! On SOTU day no less!

On what day ?

Ming the Merciless 03-07-2024 03:23 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wDYNVH0U3cs?si=JJTQela0G-2cgkas&amp;start=3" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

poolboy 03-07-2024 03:23 PM

what kind of damage to the vehicle?

Rausch 03-07-2024 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 17431464)
Actually you may still be fined for it. A had lunch with a KS Game Warden a few years ago and he told me he had to write a little old lady a ticket because she had hit a blue jay with her car. It's technically still a violation of the Migratory Bird act to do so.

Do you see why not even cops like cops anymore?...

Chief Roundup 03-07-2024 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenchief (Post 17431399)
I did. Pulled over at a weigh station and I didn't touch that thing until the cops came. They called US Fish & Wildlife but got no answer. I made sure I got the report and they knew I didn't take anything - feathers, claws, organs.

Definitely the safe thing to do

Lzen 03-07-2024 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 17431464)

What the heck?

How can you write someone a ticket for something that is obviously an accident?