ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mahomes And Other Starters To Sit Out (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351658)

Kman34 01-03-2024 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17317234)
Sure, but what I feel is most lacking from Travis right now is his swagger. If he doesn't hit 1k, the narrative will be that this was the first year of his decline. If he gets there, I can see it being at least a minor boost to his mojo to feel like he's still got it even if it's harder than before.

If he played the first game it wouldn’t matter.. I would like him to get it too.. But the added pressure to get it quick at LA where he will likely be double teamed adds more mental stress to an already stressful season.. I just think he needs a mental reset to get his “mojo” back

Bump 01-03-2024 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17317077)
I don't think there are any bonuses tied to it, but it's definitely a stat that people will talk about in his HOF induction year. I know there's a little risk involved, but I wouldn't mind putting him out there for a drive and force-feeding him the ball until he gets 16 yards. Players care about that stuff, and letting him get it is part of how Andy gains so much respect.

I say force him the ball until he gets 16 yards. That's one hell of a historic streak he has going, I doubt he wants it to end. But honestly the 17th game waters it down quite a bit, was way more impressive with 16 games.

Rain Man 01-03-2024 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17317144)
It sounded to me like Chris Jones, Pacheco, and Rice are all "out". They aren't practicing at least, and can't imagine them playing. Gabbert said a lot in his interview. Sounds like Kelce says he doesn't care about the stats but the whole team is aware and wants it for him. Said if Kelce gets in the game he'll be doing everything he can to get him 17 yards.

But I kinda think Andy sits him, which is what I'm hoping for. I want absolute minimum risk in a meaningless game. Let Kelce go find glory in the playoffs.

Chris is out? Chris "Half a Sack to a Million Dollars" Jones is sitting out? Who made that decision?

With Kelce, you can bring him in for a series and force the ball to him. Jones is a tougher call, because even if he plays the whole game there's a 50 percent chance that he won't get half a sack. Well, it's the Chargers with Easton Stick, so maybe 80 percent.

T-post Tom 01-03-2024 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17317260)
Chris is out? Chris "Half a Sack to a Million Dollars" Jones is sitting out? Who made that decision?

With Kelce, you can bring him in for a series and force the ball to him. Jones is a tougher call, because even if he plays the whole game there's a 50 percent chance that he won't get half a sack. Well, it's the Chargers with Easton Stick, so maybe 80 percent.

I strongly suspect that the Clarks will pay him the bonus anyway. One way or another. :)

Kman34 01-03-2024 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 17317259)
I say force him the ball until he gets 16 yards. That's one hell of a historic streak he has going, I doubt he wants it to end. But honestly the 17th game waters it down quite a bit, was way more impressive with 16 games.

Technically it would be 16 because he didn't play against the Lions..

wazu 01-03-2024 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17317260)

Chris said himself he'd take the rest if offered. Said he had some minor bumps and things that could heal up some.

Rain Man 01-03-2024 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 17317269)
I strongly suspect that the Clarks will pay him the bonus anyway. One way or another. :)

I'm wondering that myself. Sign a quick contract amendment from "ten sacks" to "be in uniform for the 17th game of the season". The Hunts are nice people.

staylor26 01-03-2024 03:53 PM

Has there been any updates on Bryan Cook?

Rain Man 01-03-2024 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17317283)
Chris said himself he'd take the rest if offered. Said he had some minor bumps and things that could heal up some.

Wow. He clearly needs $1 million less than I do.

wazu 01-03-2024 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17317288)
Wow. He clearly needs $1 million less than I do.

I'm kind of wondering if we really know what his contract states. Are we sure it's only regular season? He seemed to care when he was counting on his fingers last Sunday.

Danguardace 01-03-2024 04:09 PM

If Chiefs play people for personal Milestones they aren't serious about winning a championship this year

irafreak 01-03-2024 04:10 PM

Kelce can do what he wants for this. He's earned it. This isn't a rookie receiver that is just starting his career. He may be done after this. Let him try to do what he wants to do.

16 yards should be easy enough for reid to scheme up...especially when they don't need to win the game.

irafreak 01-03-2024 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danguardace (Post 17317324)
If Chiefs play people for personal Milestones they aren't serious about winning a championship this year

Nonsense. This is a one time situation. If he wants to go for it, Reid probably gives him a special series and then get it or not, have a seat. He did that was it two years ago when kelce had I think a 100 yard game streak. He dropped the shovel pass and that was it.

penguinz 01-03-2024 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 17317259)

It will only be 16 games for Kelce.

Chieftain 01-03-2024 04:15 PM

Kelce was limited at practice which likely indicates he is playing, at least a few snaps to reach the goal of a thousand yards.