ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ESPN says this is our perfect mock draft for 2022... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343365)

Titty Meat 04-10-2022 11:35 AM

That mock is hot trash

Chief Roundup 04-10-2022 12:28 PM

Yeah well, I can say that I disagree with ESPN that what they presented is the "perfect mock" for the Chiefs.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-10-2022 12:29 PM

Watson is so raw. He is Tyreek clone in that they had no idea how to run routes coming into the NFL. But Watson could be our Deebo

Coochie liquor 04-10-2022 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 16240606)
Pining for Christian Watson. :thumb:

Exactly what this offense needs but I was thinking 2nd round.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fJOzX3Zq-Mg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was in on him until someone posted his drop rate. Not nearly as sold now.

oldman 04-10-2022 01:21 PM

I'm good with the 1st round since we HAVE TO HAVE A WR1 (because we need to drool)!!!!! I'd rather see a DE to pair with Hill at S. I like that Ojabo from Michigan. Round 2 can go for a DL and a WR or CB. I agree that we don't need another TE. I liked what I saw in Gray and Fortson last year. Go 2 WRs there. Round 4 is where you get another OL to put Wylie on the bus and a RB. Round 7, alternate CB, WR, CB, WR.

Wilson8 04-10-2022 01:58 PM

Negatives
Many of you are very familiar with Adam's stories.

He did hit on some of the Chiefs needs and missed on a few.

He also hit on some of the players at probably about the spot that they might be found, but he really missed on some of them.

Texas A&M TE Jalen Wydermyer will not be one of the last players in the draft. He had 3 good seasons of catching passes and TDs. Many NFL draft rating services has Jaylen as one of the early TEs to be drafted. He had a finger injury, but he is good now.

Tariq Woolen will be long gone before our pick at 103. NFL scouts fell in love with his size and speed and a team will draft him early on potential.

I don't think that the Chief's go with Daxton Hill with their first pick unless they really think he can play corner/safety. Adam knows that the Chiefs no longer have Tyrann Mathieu and he seeks to replace him.

Positives
With a few of these picks, the Chiefs would be a better team.

It is a good sign that this draft will be very special for the Chiefs with Brett Veach running it rather than Adam Teicher.

Conclusion
Adam used a few of the NFL mock draft machines to create this story.

The mock that he used forgot about TE Jaylen Wydermyer and also marked Tariq Woolen way down for his small school experience and did not consider physical talent.

Other mistakes were Adam's.

Cosmos 04-10-2022 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16240470)
I don't care if we have 12 picks. We don't need that many damn TEs. Hell, we don't need ONE TE out of this draft

Only one has proven talent.

Fortson…Gray…..seriously?

Ruckert would be a huge upgrade at #2 TE…if he could stay healthy.

BigRedChief 04-10-2022 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 16240473)
I'm not a fan of this draft.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balto (Post 16240482)
Gross

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 16240485)
This is the worst mock I've seen.

WTF? 1 edge and not in the first? A safety first? No way that draft happens. Twitcher with the shit writing as usual.

The Franchise 04-10-2022 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 16240711)
Negatives
Many of you are very familiar with Adam's stories.

He did hit on some of the Chiefs needs and missed on a few.

He also hit on some of the players at probably about the spot that they might be found, but he really missed on some of them.

Texas A&M TE Jalen Wydermyer will not be one of the last players in the draft. He had 3 good seasons of catching passes and TDs. Many NFL draft rating services has Jaylen as one of the early TEs to be drafted. He had a finger injury, but he is good now.

Tariq Woolen will be long gone before our pick at 103. NFL scouts fell in love with his size and speed and a team will draft him early on potential.

I don't think that the Chief's go with Daxton Hill with their first pick unless they really think he can play corner/safety. Adam knows that the Chiefs no longer have Tyrann Mathieu and he seeks to replace him.

Positives
With a few of these picks, the Chiefs would be a better team.

It is a good sign that this draft will be very special for the Chiefs with Brett Veach running it rather than Adam Teicher.

Conclusion
Adam used a few of the NFL mock draft machines to create this story.

The mock that he used forgot about TE Jaylen Wydermyer and also marked Tariq Woolen way down for his small school experience and did not consider physical talent.

Other mistakes were Adam's.

Wydermeyer’s RAS score was a 1. He’s going to fall….hard.

saphojunkie 04-10-2022 02:22 PM

I've always hated Matt Miller's takes, and this mock draft doesn't break the trend. It's just only fair to point out that Teicher didn't put this mock together.

Woogieman 04-10-2022 02:40 PM

Meh....my last 83 mock drafts are better than this one

Bump 04-10-2022 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmos (Post 16240718)
Only one has proven talent.

Fortson…Gray…..seriously?

Ruckert would be a huge upgrade at #2 TE…if he could stay healthy.

I agree. Fortson could be alright, he was starting to make some plays before he got hurt. Gray did nothing. If there's a good TE worth taking in the 2nd I wouldn't be mad.

Rainbarrel 04-10-2022 04:21 PM

At the time: I hate these shitty picks
12 hours: they are starting to grow on me
24 hours: Beach may have hit this draft out of the park!

Wilson8 04-10-2022 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 16240734)
I've always hated Matt Miller's takes, and this mock draft doesn't break the trend. It's just only fair to point out that Teicher didn't put this mock together.

My apologies to Adam Teicher. I saw Adam's name twice and the "ESPN says this is our perfect mock draft for 2022" and jumped to the conclusion that he was responsible for this piece. I should have known better.

DJ's left nut 04-10-2022 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 16240641)
Watson is so raw. He is Tyreek clone in that they had no idea how to run routes coming into the NFL. But Watson could be our Deebo

Lord.

No, Watson isn't anything resembling a 'Tyreek Clone' and yes, Hill could absolutely run routes when he came into the NFL. Oh, and he didn't drop nearly as many balls as Watson.

That's a staggeringly lazy comparison.