ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Broncos Want To Interview EB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341809)

NEOM 01-11-2022 06:00 AM

EB going to Denver with Rodgers and Adams joining. They would be favorite right away.

TEX 01-11-2022 06:28 AM

What gets me about the whole process is, I don't understand why they just don't make it so that nobody can be contacted until after the Super Bowl. That would be fair. I don't see why trash teams looking for a HC, like the Broncos, should be able to interfere in any way with a winning team's post season preparation. Just wait until after the Super Bowl for all of it.

booger 01-11-2022 06:56 AM

EB was in Minny when Paton was asst GM and Childress HC. So was Brendan Daly.

Mile High Mania 01-11-2022 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 16068713)
EB was in Minny when Paton was asst GM and Childress HC. So was Brendan Daly.

I had forgotten they interviewed Flores same year as Fangio. I’ll bet he’s the leader in the clubhouse right now. I don’t know if he’s the best pick or not, but I would rank him higher than EB and several others.

booger 01-11-2022 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 16068717)
I had forgotten they interviewed Flores same year as Fangio. I’ll bet he’s the leader in the clubhouse right now. I don’t know if he’s the best pick or not, but I would rank him higher than EB and several others.

Depending on how big of an asshole he really is and how big an issue he has with relationships. Because of that I could see him anywhere from A hc candidate or back to being a LB coach. All depends on how he is to work with. He can definitely coach but has issues

Gravedigger 01-11-2022 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOM (Post 16068703)
EB going to Denver with Rodgers and Adams joining. They would be favorite right away.

Same could be said about Adams choosing to go to KC instead, and taking a team friendly deal to do so. It’s fun to make-believe!

wazu 01-11-2022 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 16068704)
What gets me about the whole process is, I don't understand why they just don't make it so that nobody can be contacted until after the Super Bowl. That would be fair. I don't see why trash teams looking for a HC, like the Broncos, should be able to interfere in any way with a winning team's post season preparation. Just wait until after the Super Bowl for all of it.

Kinda tough when the Super Bowl is now played in mid-February. NFL teams have to compete with college programs as well as each other in the search for a head coach. So if you make rules that people can't interview you are punishing coaches on successful teams as well as handicapping teams searching for a coach. I'm really not that worried if EB does an interview here and there. Andy and staff will have the game plan ready to go next Sunday regardless.

Mile High Mania 01-11-2022 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 16068777)
Kinda tough when the Super Bowl is now played in mid-February. NFL teams have to compete with college programs as well as each other in the search for a head coach. So if you make rules that people can't interview you are punishing coaches on successful teams as well as handicapping teams searching for a coach. I'm really not that worried if EB does an interview here and there. Andy and staff will have the game plan ready to go next Sunday regardless.

Yeah, so many factors. I think they're doing the best they can and better than they did years ago with the process.

Zap Rowsdower 01-11-2022 08:37 AM

As a Chiefs fan I wish he would go to the NFC so I can root for him. He is easily the most successful offensive coordinator in Chief's history so hopefully he lands in a good spot.

Mile High Mania 01-11-2022 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower (Post 16068790)
As a Chiefs fan I wish he would go to the NFC so I can root for him. He is easily the most successful offensive coordinator in Chief's history so hopefully he lands in a good spot.

Wonder why that is the case.

The Franchise 01-11-2022 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 16068717)

Why would Flores want to go to Denver?

dirk digler 01-11-2022 08:41 AM

Any HC candidate should be leery of going to Denver because of their ownership issues. All of it could be blown up in a year.

Mile High Mania 01-11-2022 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16068795)
Why would Flores want to go to Denver?

Again, there are only 32 of these gigs... about a half dozen open up each year. The ownership issues will be resolved one way or another. They have a good defense and strong talent. They need a QB and better coaching.

But, you're right ... why would Flores want to look there.

ChiefsFan123456 01-11-2022 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 16067645)
If he gets hired do the Chiefs still get draft compensation

I do not think so, since when assistant coaches go interview other teams and get compensated for it if hired?

notorious 01-11-2022 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16068235)
Don't think this will happen anyway, but if it does, EB should make sure it's in his contract that he gets to choose his assistants, otherwise, he should tell them to go pound sand.

An assistant would be stupid to leave Andy for anything other than a head job.

He produces head coaches like division titles.