ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Megathread preferences (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319515)

Rasputin 12-12-2018 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13954371)
I hate mega threads

l like mega threads

I've had fun in mega threads. ****Patrick Mahomes Thread**** thread is iconic

DenverChief 12-12-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13954373)
Whoa, whoa. Pump the brakes there. Don't make us call ChiefsPlanet HR in on this.

LMAO

Bowser 12-12-2018 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13954381)
I'll admit that the challenge in finding the right balance is the question of what is "breaking news"?

Should we have had a new thread every day this week for injury updates, for example?

It becomes subjective - what is "breaking news" to one will just be unimportant to another. You're not going to make everyone happy when it comes to the threads around here, especially megathreads.

Mods will have to try to "read the room" as it were and split or not split as to how the thread flows, JMO

wazu 12-12-2018 04:13 PM

Mega threads are usually a mistake. Just post a new one! The bumping of the last red uniform thread is a perfect example of a senseless act of megathreadery.

Sofa King 12-12-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13954349)
Agreed. Sucks having to search for snippets of actual news amongst a dozen ongoing pissing contests.

Truth. People constantly bump old posts in the thread and then actual news gets lost. My hatred of the "**** YOU DUMBASS" posts is gaining every day as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13954362)
I'm fine with megathreads in certain situations. I mainly just hate the fact that I go to ArrowheadPride for a quick glance at Chiefs news because I don't have the time to click into the Eric Berry thread, the Mahomes thread, the Bob Sutton thread, etc. just to see what the new news is. Particularly since those kinds of threads tend to be about 100 posts worth of random BS surrounding every 1 post of legit news.

Truth. We can still have Patrick Mahomes, Broncos etc threads. But news needs to be news.

Frazod 12-12-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13954360)
Depends on the megathread actually.

For specific purpose topics with limited interested parties (the gun thread, for example) they're fine.

Rasputin 12-12-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13954381)
I'll admit that the challenge in finding the right balance is the question of what is "breaking news"?

Should we have had a new thread every day this week for injury updates, for example?

When does a thread become "mega" after page 10?

After 5 pages? I don't know but maybe certain subjects like injuries/FA/cuts those be treated differently than say other threads with same subject line or topic?

DaFace 12-12-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13954408)
When does a thread become "mega" after page 10?

After 5 pages? I don't know but maybe certain subjects like injuries/FA/cuts those be treated differently than say other threads with same subject line or topic?

We're using the term "megathread" here broadly, but I don't think it's necessarily a function of length. Hypothetically, if we had a thread here about Tyreek not practicing on Monday that had 10 posts, any new news about him practicing Tuesday should be posted in a new thread IMO.

Rasputin 12-12-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13954415)
We're using the term "megathread" here broadly, but I don't think it's necessarily a function of length. Hypothetically, if we had a thread here about Tyreek not practicing on Monday that had 10 posts, any new news about him practicing Tuesday should be posted in a new thread IMO.

Totally agree. People are always quick to post new threads but i think the Q police shit on a lot of people bringing up new news when it was in a mega thread.

So the Q police can **** the **** off.

wazu 12-12-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13954407)
For specific purpose topics with limited interested parties (the gun thread, for example) they're fine.

Agree. And most Chiefs related updates should be new threads.

DaFace 12-12-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13954431)
Agree. And most Chiefs related updates should be new threads.

I don't even necessarily mind some of the player-specific threads. If you just want to randomly blab about what you think of Austin Reiter, a megathread is a good place to do it.

It just gets really tough to draw the line. The Mahomes thread is great, and if we posted a new thread for every article about him it would be ridiculous.

But I've read 4-5 articles this week about how much attention his no-look passes have gotten around the NFL, and we don't have a single thread dedicated to that discussion.

BlackHelicopters 12-12-2018 04:26 PM

Tarp game

DaFace 12-12-2018 04:30 PM

I've actually seen other boards intentionally structure things around megathreads, so I could be convinced to do something like that. Something like...every player gets his own thread, and we add a disclaimer at the top that's something like:

"This thread is for general discussion about Travis Kelce. If you have anything that is particularly noteworthy, PLEASE post it as a new thread rather than just dumping it in here, where 75% of people won't see it."

ptlyon 12-12-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13954425)
Totally agree. People are always quick to post new threads but i think the Q police shit on a lot of people bringing up new news when it was in a mega thread.

So the Q police can **** the **** off.

Q

penguinz 12-12-2018 04:33 PM

Mega threads suck ass. Start banning people who create them.