ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Am I the only one who feels kind of encouraged? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318189)

Bump 10-14-2018 10:03 PM

I have more hope for the next 5-10 years than I ever had in my life as a Chiefs fan.

We have the Quarterback we need, we're going to have him for at least a decade. At some point in the next 10 years, we are going to have at least a mediocre defense and that's all that's needed with Mahomes. If we get lucky and ever get another good to great defense, it's Superbowl time. We are going to be in the playoffs every year I think and one of those times we are going to make it. Keep players on offense that Mahomes really succeeds with, draft some o-lineman and we'll always be good.

Frazod 10-14-2018 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 13817919)
FTR, somewhat, we still have some difficult games to go.

Sure. But outside of the Lambs, they'll all be at home.

eDave 10-14-2018 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13817875)
I am actually. I felt like we were about to get blown out after it was 24-9.

The team proved it belonged on the same field with the AFC Champions.

It'll pay off in January.

This. Good loss, if there's such a thing. BB didn't sound that great in his post game. And he avoided saying anything good about Mahomes, other than " he made some plays "

He's freaked out by Hill though. Couldn't stop talking about how fast he is.

Rain Man 10-14-2018 10:03 PM

I'm just annoyed that the future belongs to Patrick Mahomes II, but New England is going to win every game when they get no penalties and they'll have home field again in the playoffs due to their wins over the Bills and Jets and Dolphins. The NFL isn't going to be interesting until Brady is gone. He'll always get the breaks and he'll always have every advantage, and I'm sick of it. I don't want to ever see a Patriots game again. I would watch a Broncos game before I would watch the Patriots.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2018 10:04 PM

This felt like an old Brady-Manning game.

No one ever really lost those games.

Sassy Squatch 10-14-2018 10:04 PM

As long as we have the Mahomes to Hill combo on offense we're extremely dangerous. They pulled some hilarious bullshito on the Patriots tonight.

Pitt Gorilla 10-14-2018 10:05 PM

I like that pat doesn’t seem to give a **** after he throws a pick. He goes back out and balls.

Frazod 10-14-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13817936)
This. Good loss, if there's such a thing.

Moral victories suck, but this one doesn't suck nearly as much as the old ones did.

If we still had Alice under center, this would have been a blowout loss, and we'd be doomed. Those days are gone.

Chiefs4TheWin 10-14-2018 10:05 PM

I am not mad at this loss at all. However I really wish we didn't have this defense.

stevieray 10-14-2018 10:05 PM

5-1 after 4 of 6 on the road? against contenders?

Arrow is definitely pointing up.

As usual it's a few plays here and there that decide games between two really good teams.

Pats are fortunate Pat was off and missed those first two TD throws in the first half.

RINGLEADER 10-14-2018 10:06 PM

Said it in the game thread at halftime. We will NEVER be out of a game with this offense.

Pants 10-14-2018 10:07 PM

I just can't with this ****ing defense, DaFace. I just can't.

There is just something discouraging when teams can run the ball with complete impunity. It's an awfully bitter-tasting cocktail of frustration and helplessness.

Mahomes makes it all better, but still...

mr. tegu 10-14-2018 10:07 PM

Also it’s pretty clear we have the best QB in the AFC so that’s an advantage come playoff time.

Why Not? 10-14-2018 10:08 PM

Certainly the best I can remember feeling after a loss. Encouraged for the future because I'm gonna trust someone fixes this defense over the next couple years. Excited for this season because every game will be fun as hell. And last, but not least,

Accepting. Accepting that the most likely scenario for this year is a "the no punt game" type of game where we end up on the short end.

Sannyasi 10-14-2018 10:08 PM

I'm somewhat discouraged. Not completely upset by the loss, but I still came away thinking we're the same place we were the last few years, #2 in the AFC. When Brady finally steps aside might be in a good spot but for this year it doesn't look great.