ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Tomlin fined $25K (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318119)

Dayze 10-12-2018 09:02 AM

It's pretty funny when you watch an NFL game and there's a flag about every 3 plays.
Equally as funny is that the NFL knows their rules are bullshit, so networks / NFL employs (not sure who pays them) "rules experts" to chime in during the boradcast to justify lame calls in most cases.

oh well.

We now have the NFL's new golden QB. our fortnes with the refs will turn sooner than later.

Eleazar 10-12-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13808940)
It's pretty funny when you watch an NFL game and there's a flag about every 3 plays.
Equally as funny is that the NFL knows their rules are bullshit, so networks / NFL employs (not sure who pays them) "rules experts" to chime in during the boradcast to justify lame calls in most cases.

oh well.

We now have the NFL's new golden QB. our fortnes with the refs will turn sooner than later.

They are showing far fewer replays of penalties now, too.

htismaqe 10-12-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13808940)

oh well.

To be fair, a lot of the "rules experts" have expressed this season that some of the new emphases are BS. The networks haven't really been toeing the company line, particularly not on the roughing crap.

Eleazar 10-12-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13809199)
To be fair, a lot of the "rules experts" have expressed this season that some of the new emphases are BS. The networks haven't really been toeing the company line, particularly not on the roughing crap.

I think there's a misconception that the TV networks will just go along with the NFL in lock step all the time.

The networks care about ad revenue, which means they only care about ratings. They don't want the "flag football" perceptions to grow and drive down ratings. If they think the NFL is diluting its product they have an incentive to shape public opinion in that direction and pressure the NFL to change.

htismaqe 10-12-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13809214)
I think there's a misconception that the TV networks will just go along with the NFL in lock step all the time.

The networks care about ad revenue, which means they only care about ratings. They don't want the "flag football" perceptions to grow and drive down ratings. If they think the NFL is diluting its product they have an incentive to shape public opinion in that direction and pressure the NFL to change.

Well on that note, I've heard all 3 OTA crews (Fox, NBC, and CBS) say that the fans are EATING up the amount of scoring. I'm not sure the "flag football sucks" people are the majority. In fact, I'm not sure they're even a large minority.