ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So is Landon Collins the official “trade for him Veach” flavor of the week? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317915)

The Franchise 10-03-2018 04:52 PM

As of right now....the Giants have $18 million in cap space next season. Now, they can get $17 million if they cut Eli.....but they'd basically be starting a rookie QB then....where ever they find one.

Sassy Squatch 10-03-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13787784)
As of right now....the Giants have $18 million in cap space next season. Now, they can get $17 million if they cut Eli.....but they'd basically be starting a rookie QB then....where ever they find one.

Yeesh. Thought they'd have quite a bit more than that considering their talent level.

DJ's left nut 10-03-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13787771)
Heh. I do agree in general sense that Collins is a guy that you would want to keep.

But, I've seen reports that he'll be asking for around what EB is getting and I don't know if the Giants will agree to pay it.

If I were Veach, I'd at least make the call and see but ultimately hold out hope that the team doesn't start to derail before Sorensen and Berry return.

Can he be an effective Cover 1 style safety?

Because that's the only kind of safety worth shelling out big money for anymore. The rest of them are so damn fungible; they're shifting skills around in the margins. If your safeties suck (ours probably do) then it's worth spending a million or two for a credible veteran option like Tre Boston.

But once you get above a thresshold level of competence, you're getting quickly diminishing returns unless the guy is someone like Earl Thomas and can play a style of game that's uniquely well suited to this era of football.

Even a healthy Eric Berry isn't worth $13 million anymore because he's not that kind of safety. If Collins is a poor man's Berry (or even healthy Berry himself), I can't see any reason why we should give him that kind of jack.

BryanBusby 10-03-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13787789)

Because that's the only kind of safety worth shelling out big money for anymore. The rest of them are so damn fungible; they're shifting skills around in the margins. If your safeties suck (ours probably do) then it's worth spending a million or two for a credible veteran option like Tre Boston.

But once you get above a thresshold level of competence, you're getting quickly diminishing returns unless the guy is someone like Earl Thomas and can play a style of game that's uniquely well suited to this era of football.

Even a healthy Eric Berry isn't worth $13 million anymore because he's not that kind of safety. If Collins is a poor man's Berry (or even healthy Berry himself), I can't see any reason why we should give him that kind of jack.

You're not going to get an elite coverage guy like Earl Thomas, but I don't think Collins is a bum in that department.

He's a well-rounded player.

htismaqe 10-03-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13787789)

Totally agree.

Bump 10-03-2018 05:14 PM

I didn't realize it's only his 4th season, thought he was older for some reason. I doubt the Giants would trade him but it would be awesome if they did.

New World Order 10-03-2018 05:17 PM

I think Veach trades for someone before the deadline

Naptown Chief 10-03-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 13787676)
We get this thread to 5000 posts and they have to. It’s in the rules. It worked for ET, but the message board gods couldn’t control him getting injured. :)

Loving the enthusiasm kid

Naptown Chief 10-03-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13787779)
Only 3000 posts until he's traded for. Let's make it HAPPEN!!

5000 was already agreed upon. See above

carcosa 10-03-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13787829)
I think Veach trades for someone before the deadline

Yes!

New World Order 10-03-2018 05:50 PM

ALL ABOARD THE LANDON COLLINS TRAIN!

LETS GO!

Naptown Chief 10-03-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13787871)
Yes!

5001 posts or this guy ^ won't attend your birthday party

carcosa 10-03-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13787873)

LETS GO!

WE MUST BOMBARD EVERY FOOTBALL WRITER WITH QUESRIONS ABOUT COLLINS TO CHIEFS!!!

Naptown Chief 10-03-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13787873)

LETS GO!

You can do eeet!

T-post Tom 10-03-2018 05:51 PM

I think someone should do a poll for the next "trade for" thread. I'll start:

Antoine Bethea

Cards going nowhere. This guy is older (by NFL standards), but leads his team in tackles this year and by all accounts is still playing like a stud. He would be a major upgrade at free safety. And his contract is reasonable (3/4 of base for this year & base only next year, via trade). Stopgap for this year and possibly next year.:

https://i.imgur.com/ytvtUnU.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ytvtUnU.jpg