ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Commentators for monday night football (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317821)

007 10-02-2018 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 13783871)
I thought they pointed out good, and bad, for both teams. That being said, they were trash overall.

Witten sounded like an ex-player that was hired for a job he wasn't qualified for. And Joe Tessitore had a radio voice, and should probably be calling regional non-power 5 conference college games.

Witten actually referred to Keenum as a franchise QB. He has played for 5 teams in 5 years. He isn't even close to a franchise QB. He is a slightly less dynamic version of Fitzpatrick. Look, he played with a very good defense in Minnesota.

And Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl with a great defense. He wasn't a franchise QB either.

The announcers were so bad that I would have rather listened to Joe Buck and Aikman, or even Chris Collinsworth.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Damn

DRM08 10-02-2018 03:00 AM

Quote:

Witten actually referred to Keenum as a franchise QB. He has played for 5 teams in 5 years. He isn't even close to a franchise QB. He is a slightly less dynamic version of Fitzpatrick. Look, he played with a very good defense in Minnesota.

I bet the Bronco fans were cringing when he said that. But they should also be cringing that their HOF quarterback at general manager is paying journeyman Keenum about 5 times more than the Chiefs are paying stud franchise guy Mahomes. LMAO

Easy 6 10-02-2018 04:55 AM

I'm ok with Booger and the other stiff... but man listening to Witten is just painful

He doesnt have any great insights, he belabors simple shit to death, and he just plain tries too hard to be Tony Romo... dudes a big dummy

Reerun_KC 10-02-2018 05:03 AM

Booger was spot on in reference to the 32.2 defense.

ILChief 10-02-2018 05:11 AM

Don't worry, gruden will be back soon

Mile High Mania 10-02-2018 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 13783877)
I bet the Bronco fans were cringing when he said that. But they should also be cringing that their HOF quarterback at general manager is paying journeyman Keenum about 5 times more than the Chiefs are paying stud franchise guy Mahomes. LMAO

Nah - that part doesn't bug me. In a few years, I can only imagine how much a Mahomes will command.

Mecca 10-02-2018 06:14 AM

When Tessitore said T Sizzle I about lost it laughing.

Manila-Chief 10-02-2018 06:35 AM

Quote:

I thought they pointed out good, and bad, for both teams. That being said, they were trash overall.

Witten sounded like an ex-player that was hired for a job he wasn't qualified for. And Joe Tessitore had a radio voice, and should probably be calling regional non-power 5 conference college games.

And Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl with a great defense. He wasn't a franchise QB either.

The announcers were so bad that I would have rather listened to Joe Buck and Aikman, or even Chris Collinsworth.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Very much ... THIS!!! My issue was not their partiality but it was just plain annoying listening to them. One thing ... they talked too much. It is a TV broadcast not radio. Again, they were just BAD!!! Via text, my son and I were complaining and then I recognized Whitten and realized the issue. Why would ESPN put him on a national broadcast with no prior experience???

I guess I'm too much of a "football fan?" I mean I don't need/want all this "fluff" to enhance the show. Booger is part of that "fluff" ... he was okay but still "fluff." Also, they keep the camera on the fans ... I want to see the reaction of the players.

A couple or 3 years or so ago I could get the radio broadcast live and up to date over the internet ... but, now I'm not sure I can get it but it is delayed. That would be a much better choice.

Boon 10-02-2018 06:52 AM

I had to turn sound off. That Booger guy repeats himslf constatnly. How how many times did he say physicality and adversity. Thank God for remote controls.

Bwana 10-02-2018 06:55 AM

Yeah, they were bad, very bad. I was smack texting back and forth with a buddy of mine that is a donks fan and that was the one subject we could agree on.

chiefzilla1501 10-02-2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boon (Post 13784014)
I had to turn sound off. That Booger guy repeats himslf constatnly. How how many times did he say physicality and adversity. Thank God for remote controls.

I don't understand the thinking behind making your sideline reporter a part of the play by play.

And this is a marquee game... What was the point of putting an inexperienced guy like Witten in the booth? Did they realize Romo was killing it and wanted a cowboy of their own?

Bizarre. The three of them are almost unwatchable.

chiefzilla1501 10-02-2018 07:17 AM

When I heard booger talk about tyreek in the backfield for the 5th time, I almost shouted "4th quarter, can't hold back anything now."

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-02-2018 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501;13784040[B
]I don't understand the thinking behind making your sideline reporter a part of the play by play[/B].

And this is a marquee game... What was the point of putting an inexperienced guy like Witten in the booth? Did they realize Romo was killing it and wanted a cowboy of their own?

Bizarre. The three of them are almost unwatchable.

Yes ,he was the one that was so ****ing irritating!!!!!!!!

Buehler445 10-02-2018 07:42 AM

They were bad. Written was overbearing and annoying. How the hell did he get that prime gig? Is he doing it for free? Tess and Booger are good enough IMO.

That being said, are there any good announcers?

I think the big thing with MNF is they are trying too hard. They dropped huge coin on this thing so they over produce it. Not making enough money? Can’t be we overpaid - must be the talent. Get some new guys in there that try harder.

redfan 10-02-2018 07:42 AM

Pretty sad when a grown man named Booger is the best of the bunch.