ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Public Service Announcement: If you've replaced your roof... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317721)

HemiEd 01-02-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13951441)
Interesting thread, may save me some money.

The "Duck Boat storm" got our roof and it was at least two months of drama and hassle before it was all over. We have $1500 deductible and when we received our renewal it went up $600 for the annual premium. I just figured it was because they were trying to recover the $7500 that they spent on the roof.

I am going to verify that they updated the age of our roof now due to this thread, thanks.

Well, thanks to Rainman/CP we are getting a nice refund and reduction in our premium increase. It is still going up, but not as much.

Odd that the two/three departments involved don't automatically communicate. :banghead:

Rain Man 01-02-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14002660)
Well, thanks to Rainman/CP we are getting a nice refund and reduction in our premium increase. It is still going up, but not as much.

Odd that the two/three departments involved don't automatically communicate. :banghead:

Excellent! Good for you, and I'm glad that this thread helped.

On my own situation, they flat-out said no refund of the overcharges. Using my CP bulletin board skills, I got on the insurance company's community board and started advising others to do this, while reporting that I was switching insurance companies since they wouldn't adjust my premium to reduce the overcharge this year and wouldn't refund me past overcharges. I then got a call from some problemsolver dude who adjusted the premium and refunded me half of the overcharges. It's not a win, but it reduced the loss quite a bit, and I'm still feeling justified in going out shopping for a new provider.

HemiEd 01-02-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14002668)
Excellent! Good for you, and I'm glad that this thread helped.

On my own situation, they flat-out said no refund of the overcharges. Using my CP bulletin board skills, I got on the insurance company's community board and started advising others to do this, while reporting that I was switching insurance companies since they wouldn't adjust my premium to reduce the overcharge this year and wouldn't refund me past overcharges. I then got a call from some problemsolver dude who adjusted the premium and refunded me half of the overcharges. It's not a win, but it reduced the loss quite a bit, and I'm still feeling justified in going out shopping for a new provider.

No refund of the overcharges!?!? Holy crap, that would take some nerve.

I am assuming that we will get the refund, but now it may be in doubt.

I will keep you advised. Sometimes it doesn't pay to pay your bill early I guess.

Thanks again!

Indian Chief 01-02-2019 01:33 PM

I'm actually having issues with the insurance company over the roof. The roof on my house was replaced 20 years ago, however it was covered with 30 year shingles. The roof is fine. No leaks. But they are trying to bust my balls and make me replace the roof. I swear they must all own roofing companies on the side.

ptlyon 06-20-2019 09:11 AM

Bump