ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bengals release S Iloka - KC Interest? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316874)

RealSNR 08-19-2018 01:40 PM

Put Sorensen on IR.

Offer Iloka a 3-year deal for Sorensen money or slightly above. Backload it so we can fit it under this year.

Cut Sorensen next year.

Profit.

pugsnotdrugs19 08-19-2018 01:41 PM

Apparently Iloka has been outspoken about his opinion on kneeling and the president, and some believe it may have played a big role in his release because of the Brown family’s views.

Sassy Squatch 08-19-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13682420)
Apparently Iloka has been outspoken about his opinion on kneeling and the president, and some believe it may have played a big role in his release because of the Brown family’s views.

Oh lol nvm. Chiefs aren't signing him.

RealSNR 08-19-2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13682402)
Much as I'd love to shore up this position. I'm starting to think our best option is to rebuild. I don't think this is our year. I still think our defense is a 2-3 year project.

Let's see if any of our cheap guys can shine at safety. If none do, back to the drawing board next year.

I could have been okay with this, but then we just signed Scandrick.

No, a 1 year $1.5 million contract doesn't dictate strategy, but why throw money away like that if you're just going to come at the season in rebuild mode? At least Watkins and Hitchens signed multi-year contracts and will be here to take this team beyond the rebuild. Scandrick won't.

pugsnotdrugs19 08-19-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13682422)
Oh lol nvm. Chiefs aren't signing him.

Yeah I guess he’s quite anti-Donald... so probably not.

Chief Roundup 08-19-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13682417)
A lot of people here think he sucks but don't even realize he led the team in tackles last year.

Mike Maslowski lead this team in tackles one year too.

-King- 08-19-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13682451)
Mike Maslowski lead this team in tackles one year too.

Yeah but he was a MLB.

Sorensen isn't great but he's better than most think. He was just placed into a role he wasn't ready for last year when Berry got injured. He went from being the #3 safety to being our #1. That's tough.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buckweath 08-19-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13682425)
I could have been okay with this, but then we just signed Scandrick.

No, a 1 year $1.5 million contract doesn't dictate strategy, but why throw money away like that if you're just going to come at the season in rebuild mode? At least Watkins and Hitchens signed multi-year contracts and will be here to take this team beyond the rebuild. Scandrick won't.

There is no rebuild.

Some of our guys are at the end of their prime (Berry, Houston, Bailey, Schwartz, etc).

Now is the time to win.

I just wish Veach would find the way to actually trade for a good CB and then I'd feel good about the offense and the defense.

pugsnotdrugs19 08-19-2018 02:11 PM

Forget rebuilding, ever, at this stage anyways...

We’ve got a top notch head coach and a potentially great QB developing... they need to, and will be, trying to win every year.

Red Dawg 08-19-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

If that's the case he ain't coming here.

chiefzilla1501 08-19-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13682465)
There is no rebuild.

Some of our guys are at the end of their prime (Berry, Houston, Bailey, Schwartz, etc).

Now is the time to win.

I just wish Veach would find the way to actually trade for a good CB and then I'd feel good about the offense and the defense.

We've been trying to build a super bowl around those guys for years. If anything, restructuring Houston a year from now is even better reason to wait to load up. Mahomes, tyreek, Kareem, kelce, on the other hand, are young and should hopefully be here a while.

Now isn't the time to win. Our defense needs a few pieces, not one. Love mahomes but I don't expect him to have everything figured out right away. And I have no idea if our DC is the right guy to take us to the finish line.

chiefzilla1501 08-19-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Brown has never ever cared about winning. It wouldn't surprise me. I wouldn't doubt he was also too cheap and is using this as his excuse.

Rain Man 08-19-2018 02:33 PM

Bring him in for iloka?

That should not have taken 43 posts, people.

ROYC75 08-19-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13682464)
Yeah but he was a MLB.

Sorensen isn't great but he's better than most think. He was just placed into a role he wasn't ready for last year when Berry got injured. He went from being the #3 safety to being our #1. That's tough.
Posted via Mobile Device

Plus the experience he gained while making some good strides along the way could be extremely beneficial to us once we get him back and Berry can stay healthy.

CupidStunt 08-19-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13682361)
I disagree.

ROFL

Of course you do.

Interest in Iloko should be mandatory, along with any other UFA with a pulse. This D is begging for help at every level.