ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs After ‘kick in the pants,’ Chiefs’ O-line pledges to keep Mahomes cleaner on Friday (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316758)

srvy 08-12-2018 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13672332)
Lol watch film in preseason?

The clearly thought Texans would play extra vanilla like they did. Obviously they were wrong but they don't really need to change anything. Just take preseason a little more seriously.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats a bit of a stretch dont ya think? That shitty O line has any delusions of grandeur that they are good and all safe then we really have problems.

-King- 08-12-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13672335)
Thats a bit of a stretch dont ya think? That shitty O line has any delusions of grandeur that they are good and all safe then we really have problems.

I don't think it's delusions of grandeur. A lot of vets just aren't motivated to barely try in preseason games. Its a bigger stretch to suggest that 2 players who were average at worst last year just totally forgot how to play the position.
Posted via Mobile Device

dlphg9 08-12-2018 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13672338)
I don't think it's delusions of grandeur. A lot of vets just aren't motivated to barely try in preseason games. Its a bigger stretch to suggest that 2 players who were average at worst last year just totally forgot how to play the position.
Posted via Mobile Device

These ****in idiots just want something to bitch about

RealSNR 08-12-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13672332)
Lol watch film in preseason?

The clearly thought Texans would play extra vanilla like they did. Obviously they were wrong but they don't really need to change anything. Just take preseason a little more seriously.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't ****ing know. I'm not an NFL coach or player. I don't know what they have to change. They just have to change something if the best they can do was the product we saw last week.

If they CAN do better without changing their routine, then, uhhh... they should do that. Like... now.

RealSNR 08-12-2018 11:37 PM

We're ****ed. From Matt Lane's training camp report yesterday:

Quote:

Cam Erving is the starting left guard—and there is no real competition there. No one will ever say the guy can’t get out into space and cover ground.

OKchiefs 08-12-2018 11:47 PM

What the **** happened to Ehinger?

And these guys should all be embarrassed getting whooped by the Texans backups. It'd be understandable if it was Clowney and Watt whooping them, but it wasn't. This OL is full of soft pussies.

-King- 08-13-2018 12:07 AM

We're going to need a completely line overhaul since we're going away from a west coast ball is out in 3 seconds or less to a more vertical offense with Pat holding the ball longer.

3/5 of our line is too small or too shitty for that offense long term and LDT is borderline small too. We can get by this year, but we need to get bigger.
Posted via Mobile Device

New World Order 08-13-2018 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13672354)
We're going to need a completely line overhaul since we're going away from a west coast ball is out in 3 seconds or less to a more vertical offense with Pat holding the ball longer.

3/5 of our line is too small or too shitty for that offense long term and LDT is borderline small too. We can get by this year, but we need to get bigger.
Posted via Mobile Device

Can't believe I'm saying this but we need to draft a fatty in the first next draft.

tk13 08-13-2018 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13672354)

Posted via Mobile Device

Has it actually been stated that this is what they're going to do? I have no doubt we are going to see more vertical passing because of Mahomes' arm strength, but Andy Reid has run an offense for 20 years that's built on stretching the field horizontally and having guys who can operate in space. I don't imagine he's going to completely trash it.

-King- 08-13-2018 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13672357)
Has it actually been stated that this is what they're going to do? I have no doubt we are going to see more vertical passing because of Mahomes' arm strength, but Andy Reid has run an offense for 20 years that's built on stretching the field horizontally and having guys who can operate in space. I don't imagine he's going to completely trash it.

I'm pretty sure we're going to keep a lot of west coast elements because that's Andy Reid's bread and butter but Alex was top 3 in time between snap and pass. I don't think Pat will be anywhere near that and I don't have confidence in the while left side of the line if they're asked to protect for much longer than theyve had to the past few years.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief 08-13-2018 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13671897)
I stopped reading at "The way center Mitch Morse sees it"

ROFL no shit man.

Morse is the equivalent of Cassel saying "I think I played ok out there" after throwing 3 INT's. I forget what he actually said post game, but it was something along those lines. He's the Baghdad Bob of the OL.

CoMoChief 08-13-2018 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13672347)
We're ****ed. From Matt Lane's training camp report yesterday:

I still think Eric Fisher is garbage, going on year 6.

Wish the Chiefs replaced his ass a long time ago.

tyreekthefreak 08-13-2018 05:37 AM

I think its the scheme we try to run that is the problem. Both tackles just try and push their man past the QB...forming a pocket for the QB to step into. But with the center and BOTH guards being pushed back there is no room to step up into a pocket.

Schwartz sucks.....the last play in the Titans game his man was PAST him before he even got out of his stance!!!! Morse is small and gets bullrushed easily. LG has been a problem for years.

Andy Heck sucks and our line sucks...….period!

Deberg_1990 08-13-2018 05:48 AM

I’m sure this was just the ‘kick in the pants’ they needed!

Rausch 08-13-2018 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13672376)
I still think Eric Fisher is garbage, going on year 6.

Wish the Chiefs replaced his ass a long time ago.

The only reason our line as a whole isn't considered garbage is Smith's ability to scrable and move. We suck, horribly, at pass blocking.