ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What TV/streaming game viewing options exist for watching Texans game in real time? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316643)

SuperBowl4 08-09-2018 08:10 PM

NFL GAMEPASS

modocsot 08-09-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13667699)
This part is important...

Yessir. Did that. As mentioned, I was streaming KCTV5 until game time. Then the message that I quoted popped up.

eDave 08-09-2018 08:18 PM

I ran a side by side comparison between the reddit stream and Wiz1.

- Reddit stream was better video but ads, sidebars, chat, etc. all over the page.
- Wiz1 video is a bit lower, no ads, banners, etc, and was one play ahead of Reddit stream.

Both are very stable.

Choice is yours.

Miles 08-09-2018 08:22 PM

Cast a tab from chrome browser to a chromecast or android TV capabale device is pretty slick for these streaming alternatives as well.

BigRedChief 08-09-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modocsot (Post 13667674)
This DOES NOT work. Don’t waste your time trying this. I was so excited that this actually works, streaming KCTV5 from Jacksonville, FL... then game time comes: “The current show isn’t available for live streaming. We’ll resume programming shortly.” The NFL must’ve caught on.

Works in the regular season. We use it when our Chiefs group gets together down here to watch games. About 10 games last year.

The Chiefs own the pre-Season broadcast, it’s only for local broadcast.

jaa1025 08-09-2018 08:23 PM

I cancelled cable and got youtube TV thinking i'd be fine streaming the game. It let me watch Royals games but Chiefs are blacked out. WTF. Guess I'll be cancelling this.

Fish 08-09-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaa1025 (Post 13667777)
I cancelled cable and got youtube TV thinking i'd be fine streaming the game. It let me watch Royals games but Chiefs are blacked out. WTF. Guess I'll be cancelling this.

Like BRC said, the preseason is different. The Chiefs do their own production for their preseason games, and because of that they own the broadcasting rights for live broadcast, which they only give to the local KCTV5 station. The Chiefs don't bother with any digital broadcasting access at all for preseason, so digital sources like CBS All-Access, Youtube.TV, Sling, etc do not have any rights to broadcast it.

The regular season will work just fine though. You will be able to live stream and record I assure you.

modocsot 08-09-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13667773)
Works in the regular season. We use it when our Chiefs group gets together down here to watch games. About 10 games last year.

The Chiefs own the pre-Season broadcast, it’s only for local broadcast.

Thank you sir; good to know. I’ll hold off on cancelling CBS All Access for the season games. Thanks again!