ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Dexter McCluster heads to the CFL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316267)

loochy 07-17-2018 07:55 AM

McCluster is a poor man's DAT

Or is DAT a poor man's McCluster?
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 07-17-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13631985)
Blaming the player for being drafted too high seems really stupid.

Then where does the buck ****ing stop, dude?

We shouldn't bitch about Eric Fisher! It's not nice! It's not his fault the draft class of 2013 was so bad!

We shouldn't bitch about Scott Pioli! He was just looking for a job and he did the best he could! Blaming the executive for being offered a career-advancing high-paying contract seems really stupid.

So let's blame Hunt? NO, we shouldn't! It wasn't his fault he was born as the son of Lamar and that the rest of his siblings simply didn't want the position of Chiefs Chairman after Lamar died!

RealSNR 07-17-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerok (Post 13631898)
It's weird how much CP hates McCluster. I think hes the most universally hated Chief (besides the kicker that shall not be named)

Oh for ****'s sake. Fine. I guess I'm going full ****ing Buehler.

Read this post. Then get back to me.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...1&postcount=34

**** McCluster with AIDS.

O.city 07-17-2018 08:15 AM

Ran into him in a ….well....gentlemans establishment in Nashville while on a bachelor party. I can't imagine why he'd be broke after seeing his frugal ways there.

jjchieffan 07-17-2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13631985)
Blaming the player for being drafted too high seems really stupid.

Oh, I agree. It wasn't his fault, anymore than it was Fisher's fault that we had the first pick in the worst draft class in NFL history. But you know what a bunch of vaginas this place can be. People here will hate on anyone for any reason. And McCluster was hated on for where he was drafted. That's just how CP rolls.

RealSNR 07-17-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13632104)
Oh, I agree. It wasn't his fault, anymore than it was Fisher's fault that we had the first pick in the worst draft class in NFL history. But you know what a bunch of vaginas this place can be. People here will hate on anyone for any reason. And McCluster was hated on for where he was drafted. That's just how CP rolls.

I'm just gonna post this link every time somebody tries to defend McCluster

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...1&postcount=34

alpha_omega 07-17-2018 08:32 AM

36th overall? Ouch.

Tribal Warfare 07-17-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 13632050)
Does Belcher not rank on any lists, or is he on his own awful list?

Like Tamarick Vanover and Bam Morris, you want to forget about it.

O.city 07-17-2018 08:40 AM

He was finally decent as a slot wr, but Andy couldn't move on fast enough from him so that says about all you need to know.

notorious 07-17-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13631912)
This is the pain that Buehler must feel when he has to go on a lengthy rant every time somebody tries to sugar coat Herm Edwards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13631922)
Herm is worse man. McMidget wasted a second round pick. Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards wrecked the ****ing franchise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13631924)
Plus, goddamned Zilla wasn’t sugar coating him. He straight up said he was just what the franchise needed.

LMAO

ThaVirus 07-17-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13631940)
Nate Allen
TJ Ward
Ron
Carlos Dunlap
Linval Joeseph
Sean Lee
Golden Tate

All went in that second round after Pioli took McCluster

Any relation to Rob?

rabblerouser 07-17-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13632077)
McCluster is a poor man's DAT

Or is DAT a poor man's McCluster?
Posted via Mobile Device

They are the same terrible player.

loochy 07-17-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13632137)
They are the same terrible player.

tiny guy that gets a screen pass, spins and makes some jukes, looks quick, and gets tackled for a 3 yard loss
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man 07-17-2018 09:06 AM

I don't dislike McCluster himself. He was what he was. I hated the system that spent a second-round pick on a 172 pound guy who runs a 4.6 40. If you're that size in the NFL, you have to be greased lightning. If you weigh 172 pounds and you're slower than many inside linebackers, you're doomed.

DAT is pretty much the same thing as McCluster, but at least he can outrun most inside linebackers. There's a very marginal place for DAT in the NFL, but there's not a place for a guy who runs a 4.6 40 at 172 pounds.

Eleazar 07-17-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13632086)
Then where does the buck ****ing stop, dude?

We shouldn't bitch about Eric Fisher! It's not nice! It's not his fault the draft class of 2013 was so bad!

We shouldn't bitch about Scott Pioli! He was just looking for a job and he did the best he could! Blaming the executive for being offered a career-advancing high-paying contract seems really stupid.

So let's blame Hunt? NO, we shouldn't! It wasn't his fault he was born as the son of Lamar and that the rest of his siblings simply didn't want the position of Chiefs Chairman after Lamar died!

Maligning a player for not living up to his potential is fine. Maligning them for not living up to potential they never had doesn't make any sense.