ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Taking a break from the NFL obsession (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315802)

Nzoner 06-14-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 13592535)
I just got out of my long-time FF league this year, which I'm thrilled about. I hardly paid attention this last year anyway.

I almost exclusively watch Chiefs games only. Maaaaaybe the Super Bowl.

I've been playing since the early 90's,I'm anxious to see if there's any withdrawls.

ottawa_chiefs_fan 06-14-2018 09:53 AM

Ya - I'd rather be fishing.

WhawhaWhat 06-14-2018 09:54 AM

I wasn't as diehard as you but I used to watch all Chiefs games, whatever AFC West team was playing in the other time slot plus MNF. Now I watch most Chiefs games and nothing else, not even most playoff games.

scho63 06-14-2018 10:22 AM

I only watch the Chiefs so I'm not over loaded with NFL games.

Buehler445 06-14-2018 10:23 AM

I’m way more excited to watch Mahomes than I’ve been in a decade.

Eleazar 06-14-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 13592424)
Dude... Why would someone seriously wait until NOW to go rogue on the Chiefs?

We're in store for potentially the most exciting next 10 years in Kansas City history.

And seeing the birth of our chosen one build himself from the ground up will all be a part of the journey.

I've told the ****in pizza man to embrace this journey and don't miss a game. If you're a hint of a Chiefs fan, you need to jump aboard this and enjoy the ride because this is what we've been asking for-for 40 years.

Andy Reid. Bob Sutton.

Coochie liquor 06-14-2018 10:26 AM

You’re gonna miss the Brady farewell tour though??!!!!????

notorious 06-14-2018 10:29 AM

I feel you, N.

Breaking off fantasy football is a HUGE step.

HemiEd 06-14-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13592527)
Since you asked here's a few reasons I've made this decision

1.First and foremost as an avid sports gambler for 30+ years I feel the game has gotten shady as hell and certain calls,outcomes and the like are heavily influenced by Vegas spreads and over/unders.I'm not saying the entire league is fixed by any means but as someone who follows Vegas odds like a hawk the coincidences over the years have just become too much and I feel like I'm watching the WWE at times.

2.The whole National Anthem debacle as well as certain players not respecting ANYTHING and acting like spoiled brats has also contributed.

3.Getting older and becoming semi-retired as in some of the most beautiful days are in Sept/October and I want to enjoy them while I can,even it means sitting under my favorite tree at the lake with a cooler and some tunes and watching the Chiefs on my time via DVR.

Good for you Joe.

Each time I catch myself caught up in the game and believing in it, stuff like the "forward progress" call tells me I am a fool.

The 98 playoff game against the Broncos was the beginning, the wake up call.

No point in rehashing all the others, but now I just watch and enjoy the Chiefs. If they win, great. If they don't, oh well.

Like you, I used to bet a lot and would be in action on several games at once, "lighting up the board" as they say, while watching them all on DTV.

Not anymore, Dartgods game is all I play and it is plenty. Like you say, that is some of the best weather of the year.

Enjoy!

stevieray 06-14-2018 12:14 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

scho63 06-14-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13592527)
Since you asked here's a few reasons I've made this decision

3.Getting older and becoming semi-retired as in some of the most beautiful days are in Sept/October and I want to enjoy them while I can,even it means sitting under my favorite tree at the lake with a cooler and some tunes and watching the Chiefs on my time via DVR.

This for sure. :clap::clap::clap:

I sometimes grab a cigar and a couple of cold beers in a bag with ice, go for a car ride somewhere like a mountain vista, sit on a rock, take in the panoramic beautiful view, light up and drink my beers while just chilling and thinking simple thoughts.

It has a nice effect of slowing life down.......Spending quiet time alone can be very cathartic.

ChiefsCountry 06-14-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13592539)
I've been playing since the early 90's,I'm anxious to see if there's any withdrawls.

Nope. Makes watching the other game's so much more enjoyable.

Dayze 06-14-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13592539)

I played for about 10 years or so; was really into it. I stopped playing about 5 years ago, and haven't looked back.

Dayze 06-14-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13592683)
Good for you Joe.

Each time I catch myself caught up in the game and believing in it, stuff like the "forward progress" call tells me I am a fool.

The 98 playoff game against the Broncos was the beginning, the wake up call.

No point in rehashing all the others, but now I just watch and enjoy the Chiefs. If they win, great. If they don't, oh well.

Like you, I used to bet a lot and would be in action on several games at once, "lighting up the board" as they say, while watching them all on DTV.

Not anymore, Dartgods game is all I play and it is plenty. Like you say, that is some of the best weather of the year.

Enjoy!

yep. this is where I'm at.

displacedinMN 06-14-2018 12:49 PM

I wish DTV would offer an ala cart package or single team package. I thought they would after the survey a few years ago. Alas, no.