ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jamaal Charles visiting Saints (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315772)

Rain Man 06-13-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13591470)
Or sign a 1 day with Denver....

Elway would only pay him for two hours of that and then make him sit on the bench.

Reerun_KC 06-13-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13591472)
Elway would only pay him for two hours of that and then make him sit on the bench.

Jamaal would fumble the paycheck....

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13590292)
I actually think he's not washed up. He had terrible coaching last year and no quarterback, but still averaged 4.3 ypc behind the worst offensive line in the league.

I think he could go somewhere with a decent offense and play very well. The problem, of course, is that he's one quick cut away from being gone for the year again. He needs to go to a team that isn't counting on him for 16 games.

Jamaal still carries the ball poorly and gets stripped... and he has a bad habit of fumbling at the worst possible times. That's why Denver went away from him and didn't trust him by the end of the season.

Now when JC was in KC averaging between 5 and 6 yards per carry every season you kinda took the chaff with the wheat. He was an absolute superstar. At his peak one of the best pure runners I've seen in the NFL in my lifetime.

I think he can still be an effective runner, but he might turn it over too much for 'effective' to be adequate. Plus he's probably viewed as 'likely to be injured'.

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13590677)
I really feel bad for him because he wants to believe he is pre-injury Jamaal and he is 4 years older and badly injured two knees Jamaal.

Losing a little bit of respect for him to be honest. I would hate like hell for him to get signed by a team, get stuck playing in garbage time at the end of a game and get a crippling injury to his knee.

I hope he rethinks what he is doing.

Maybe he has money troubles and needs to make as much as possible? :hmmm:

Maybe he's been an athlete his entire life and it's a part of who he is as a person?

I don't know why people 'lose respect' for athletes over them clinging to something that's been a part of their lives since they were small children.

It seems like a pretty normal thing most people would do. Plus Jamaal is pretty... not smart.

WhiteWhale 06-13-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13590244)
He always wanted to be a Saint, I bet.

Get over it man. Seriously.

When we drafted Jamaal and did the interview he said THEN that he grew up a broncos fan and idolized and modeled his running style after Terrell Davis. Before he ever put on a KC jersey he had put this out there.

You can say "Well sure, but he shouldn't say it!"

Which I'd respond "Obviously, but Jamaal is not smart"

I'm biased. I championed him as a rookie and spent a year and a half telling people he was better than Larry Johnson. His play vindicated me so I have a soft spot for him.