ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Tell me about how you Grocery shop nowadays... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315551)

Simply Red 05-26-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 13570811)
I was working there last fall and one thing great at Publix was their deli sandwiches. They will do any boars head you want and pile it on.

Apron's samples?

Dallas Chief 05-26-2018 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13570721)
Same thing in the Midwest. Publix = Hy-Vee. Grocery stores are all monopoly’s. You have high end expensive, cheap ones and then the Publix or Hy-Vee’s have bought up all the competition in that part of the grocery market.

Besides the chicken and the subs you noted, it blows. I miss the grocery stores in Dallas/Fort Worth. Had them all- Sprouts, Market Street, Kroger, Tom Thumb, Albertson's, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, and more even. This shit here is awful. We've got Whole Foods but I'll be damned if I can get a box of Froot Loops there, much less for a $1.99 haha

Buehler445 05-26-2018 08:53 PM

We live in bum **** nowhere. As much as we can we buy in bulk from Sams 45 miles away in a shithole town and fill in what we need from the local ripoff store.

I’d pay good money for delivery.

Alas.... bum **** nowhere.

BigRedChief 05-26-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 13570900)
Besides the chicken and the subs you noted, it blows. I miss the grocery stores in Dallas/Fort Worth. Had them all- Sprouts, Market Street, Kroger, Tom Thumb, Albertson's, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, and more even. This shit here is awful. We've got Whole Foods but I'll be damned if I can get a box of Froot Loops there, much less for a $1.99 haha

At Whole Foods, l saw two stalks of asparagus in about 12 ounces of water. $5.99.

Red Dawg 05-26-2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13570627)
We make a list every two weeks. Get online and enter list into Dillons Clicklist. Wife stops at Clicklist location on her way home from work. They load the groceries in her car. Easy and convenient.

You one lazy mugasucka.

LoneWolf 05-26-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 13570736)
I have noticed a "sort" of alarming trend, however. Go to the grocery store and see "clerks" pushing around carts and picking orders for those too damned lazy to do their own shopping...damned shame. I don't know - whatever works for you, I guess..

Laziness? I work 60-70 hrs/week and so does my wife. It’s all about time management.

LoneWolf 05-26-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13570918)
You one lazy mugasucka.

ROFL Yep. Pay for all my groceries with food stamps too.

mlyonsd 05-26-2018 09:13 PM

For selection and bulk we shop at Hy-Vee. But most weekdays I plan our supper meals around a smaller chain called Fareway. They are right on the way home and I shop their ad for meal ideas. Before college I worked in a small grocery meat department, learned the trade, and know what to look for. Fareway is known for their meat department and I pick what I want out of the case there.

mlyonsd 05-26-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 13570736)
I have noticed a "sort" of alarming trend, however. Go to the grocery store and see "clerks" pushing around carts and picking orders for those too damned lazy to do their own shopping...damned shame. I don't know - whatever works for you, I guess..

Except for one thing. The clerks pushing carts around don't waste time in the aisle and are very aware about blocking it. They'll always give you the right of way. Not so much the old lady consumer that leaves her cart right in the middle of the aisle while trying to pick out the right kind of pickles.

BigRedChief 05-26-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13570927)
ROFL Yep. Pay for all my groceries with food stamps too.

you got an Obamaphone too?

banecat 05-26-2018 09:59 PM

Anyone that gets to go to either a Winco, or a HEB is very lucky. I have to settle for Hy-Vee. I used to go once a week, but now I just go every day after work. Once in a while to mix it up I go to ReTarget or Aldi. Every time I go to an Aldi I notice that they're becoming more and more like a regular grocery store

BucEyedPea 05-26-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13570897)
Apron's samples?

LMAO I never eat those. I do take as many as those Apron recipe cards though. I have so many of them and never made a thing from them yet.

BucEyedPea 05-26-2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13570908)
At Whole Foods, l saw two stalks of asparagus in about 12 ounces of water. $5.99.

Their prices are outrageous. Sometimes I have to get something there no one else has though.

HonestChieffan 05-26-2018 10:26 PM

Every couple weeks we hit Costco. 30 mile drive
Go to store is HyVee....drive by two Price Choppers to get to HyVee
If in a hurry for one or two things we may go PC or the Independent small store nearby

If at the farm, we are screwed. Only a small poor selection store or drive to the nearest Walmart. I refuse to buy meat at WM and the produce is shit. Walmrt is shit.

BucEyedPea 05-26-2018 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 13570997)
Every couple weeks we hit Costco. 30 mile drive

30 miles? I thought I had it bad, so go once a month.