ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Are you ever startled awake by imagining someone knocking on the wall or door? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314586)

burt 03-24-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 13486476)
The only way i sleep all throughout the night is if i am drunk.

I quit drinking...one word...melitonin(sp?).

burt 03-24-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13486545)
Oh be glad it's not 4 knocks, that's far more creepy

about 25% more creepy....roughly speaking...or roughly spooking

Rausch 03-24-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13486672)
Any other strange things going on around the house?

Other than Pawnmower?...

Easy 6 03-24-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13486732)
Other than Pawnmower?...

LMAO

KChiefs1 03-24-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13486567)
Now you're just showing your age...ROFL

I didn’t think about that but you are probably right. LOL

George Liquor 03-24-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 13486695)
I quit drinking...one word...melitonin(sp?).

I used to take it a lot. Got to where 30mgs wouldn't even knock me out. Been a few years since I've used it though. Maybe it's worth another shot?

Simply Red 03-24-2018 01:51 PM

I would like to have sleep paralysis with Pawnmower and a tub of sour cream.

Randallflagg 03-24-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13486590)
He knows.

HIGH baffle, low "bounce back," plus that whole warm feeling.

It was a muff-melter...

God I loved the 70s....... :)

threebag 03-24-2018 04:28 PM

Dope?

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-24-2018 04:29 PM

I used to lay awake worrying someone will break in. 9 years ago we got a yellow lab , he stays in the house and patrols at night. He'll lay beside my bed for awhile then ease off to lay on the sofa for awhile. If he hears anything he goes ape shit. even during the day if someone knocks on the door he's barking and going nuts. Really annoying BUT at night I know if anyone trys to break in he's got my back.

Takes the worry away.

listopencil 03-24-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13486948)
I would like to have sleep paralysis with Pawnmower and a tub of sour cream.

Greek yogurt is better for you.

Randallflagg 03-24-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13487160)
I used to lay awake worrying someone will break in. 9 years ago we got a yellow lab , he stays in the house and patrols at night. He'll lay beside my bed for awhile then ease off to lay on the sofa for awhile. If he hears anything he goes ape shit. even during the day if someone knocks on the door he's barking and going nuts. Really annoying BUT at night I know if anyone trys to break in he's got my back.

Takes the worry away.

Our German Shepherd and Dachshund take that chore to heart as well. I don't really know which one goes crazier.....but I wouldn't want to tangle with the Shepherd. True, you could drop kick the little guy - but he'd bite the piss out of your ankle :)

BWillie 03-24-2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 13486372)
LMAO I know how you feel. I was a Counter Intel Investigator in the Army and used to sleep with a gun under my pillow. Never had a problem - always slept like a baby.

Now? I'm a retired old man and I hear shit that goes "bump in the night" nearly every night. I have a pistol that I keep by the bed, and I have been known to grab it, go downstairs and check the locks. Never amounted to anything.

It's weird, but I think (at least in my case) it's just a product of getting old(er)..

Jesus christ man...you guys live in so much fear. I hope you can find peace.

BWillie 03-24-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13487160)

Takes the worry away.

Why are you so worried someone would break in? I've never even been remotely worried of someone breaking into my house. Could it happen? Yeah sure I suppose. But it's never preoccupied my brain. I'm not in a gang. I don't keep valuables in my home. Theres no reason someone should seek to break into my house, at least over any other home. I sleep like a rock, and very easily. I've literally never had any dream or fear of this. I guess that must be why so many people need guns to ease their psychosis.

Randallflagg 03-24-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13487670)
Jesus christ man...you guys live in so much fear. I hope you can find peace.

I had "fear" when I was in Viet Nam. Today, "fear" has been replaced with "caution". I fear nothing or no one. Why you ask? I am prepared for the worst but expect the best.

I have been at "Peace" since the day I married my Wife, thank you. :)