ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The fascinating potential and unrealistic pressure awaiting Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313158)

ARROW2 01-11-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 13353378)
Chiefs fans will be in an odd and new and scary awesome spot when Mahomes takes over. We'll be rooting hard for him, but we'll be forced to temper that excitement with the knowlege that there will be growing pains. If we don't make the playoffs next year, there will be the usual homers who will pine for the days of the "great" Alex Smith, and there will be noise from the talking head naysaysers about the wisdom of letting the "best" quarterback the Chiefs had in a generation go for an unproven gunslinger.

We gotta get through that shit. We gotta stick with the plan we've all been praying for...drafting and developing our own star QB. We have to give him time. I think we will. I know I will. Just think of Mahomes as your own son, watch him learn and be patient and believe in his abilities. In other words, detach from the imperative of winning and enjoy the ride. I believe the winning will come. The future is brighter than it's been in a very long time. We need to all believe in that.

ROFLROFLROFL First of all, if that is even remotely true, it is by ****ing default. 1-4 in the playoffs. Ahhhh, the good old days.. Idiots..

You don't think Mahomes can go 1-4 in 5 playoff games or better?

pugsnotdrugs19 01-11-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13353426)
I don’t know why more people don’t see this is a legitimate possibility.

Hill/Kelce/Conley and Hunt/Ware with a possible upgrade at LG?

No reason to think it can’t happen when young QB’s exceed early expectations every year.

Yeah... every time I think about expectations from a statistical standpoint, I try to keep them tempered to a rookie level. But shit, why should we not expect a really good season given who he is playing with? They can all make each other better.

carcosa 01-11-2018 10:03 AM

Pat Mahomes is going to win 10 consecutive Super Bowl MVPs. Might not start next year, though, and that's ok.

ChiTown 01-11-2018 10:07 AM

Here's what we are risking: Regular Season Wins. Period.

At the need of the day, who gives a **** if you win 10-13 games in the reg season, if your team is a ball-less sack of shit in the Playoffs? We need a QB with a large set of onions under Center. If Pat isn't that guy, then we'll go find the next one. All I know is that Alex was NOT that guy. Nice guy, good QB, great year, no balls. See ya.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 13353506)
ROFLROFLROFL First of all, if that is even remotely true, it is by ****ing default. 1-4 in the playoffs. Ahhhh, the good old days.. Idiots..

You don't think Mahomes can go 1-4 in 5 playoff games or better?

Bill Kenney, Steve DeBerg and Dave Krieg were 1-4 in the playoffs from 1986-1992.

The Chiefs went 10-6, 11-5, 10-6, and 10-6 in those seasons.

In those seasons they had one top 10 passing season and averaged 20 passing TDs per year.

That's EXACTLY what Alex has done in KC. 10 wins per year, 20.6 passing TDs per year, one top 10 passing season.

Alex Smith is just those same QBs with an albatross contract, because now even average QBs get stupid long-term deals due to the watering down of the position and the passing game.

Marty's Chiefs needed an elite talent at the QB position to have playoff success, and so do Reid's. But at least this time he's not ****ing 37.

Dayze 01-11-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 13353538)
Here's what we are risking: Regular Season Wins. Period.

At the need of the day, who gives a **** if you win 10-13 games in the reg season, if your team is a ball-less sack of shit in the Playoffs? We need a QB with a large set of onions under Center. If Pat isn't that guy, then we'll go find the next one. All I know is that Alex was NOT that guy. Nice guy, good QB, great year, no balls. See ya.

that.

RippedmyFlesh 01-11-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13353335)
Ghost written by Baby Lee.

Stopped there he is going to be insufferable next year.

Sassy Squatch 01-11-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13353577)
Bill Kenney, Steve DeBerg and Dave Krieg were 1-4 in the playoffs from 1986-1992.

The Chiefs went 10-6, 11-5, 10-6, and 10-6 in those seasons.

In those seasons they had one top 10 passing season and averaged 20 passing TDs per year.

That's EXACTLY what Alex has done in KC. 10 wins per year, 20.6 passing TDs per year, one top 10 passing season.

Alex Smith is just those same QBs with an albatross contract, because now even average QBs get stupid long-term deals due to the watering down of the position and the passing game.

Marty's Chiefs needed an elite talent at the QB position to have playoff success, and so do Reid's. But at least this time he's not ****ing 37.

Are you insinuating that Mahomes is already elite?

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 13353538)
Nice guy, good QB, great year, no balls.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13353602)
Are you insinuating that Mahomes is already elite?

He is an elite talent. Whether he becomes an elite QB...we will see.

ARROW2 01-11-2018 10:34 AM

All he has to do is get one playoff win in a five year period and he has matched Alex. Point blank period. Nothing else MATTERS!

Mile High Mania 01-11-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13353434)
Lol here we go Mr. passive aggresive.

Just say it, you think Mahomes is going to struggle. That’s fine, I just want you to say it so I could make you eat crow down the line.

Look, Asshat... I think he's going to do really well, actually. I was speaking about the fanbase and what happens if he comes in and he's not the savior right out of the gate.

You should just ignore me for a while, you're triggered.

RippedmyFlesh 01-11-2018 10:39 AM

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/A7MY7TuBnzs/maxresdefault.jpg

ARROW2 01-11-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13353619)
Look, Asshat... I think he's going to do really well, actually. I was speaking about the fanbase and what happens if he comes in and he's not the savior right out of the gate.

You should just ignore me for a while, you're triggered.

Again, all he has to do is win ONE playoff game in a five year period to match Alex, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!

Mile High Mania 01-11-2018 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 13353630)
Again, all he has to do is win ONE playoff game in a five year period to match Alex, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!

And, can you wait 5 years for that 1 win?