ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Sam Darnold is entering the NFL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312853)

Why Not? 01-03-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13328899)
So 4 QB's in the 1st? Not one I'd even pretend to want over Mahomes?

Not even close

Red Dawg 01-03-2018 07:39 PM

I agree. Mahomed had massive talent.

ChiefsCountry 01-03-2018 07:50 PM

Two scenarios I could see happening at #1:

Cleveland swapping picks with Denver
Indianapolis swapping with Cleveland, Denver trades its pick for Andrew Luck.

NJChiefsFan 01-03-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13328972)
Yeah, he did a great job of identifying Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray and Kevin Hogan.

Stud.

That's not really fair is it? Tyler Bray was a flyer and they said as much. Kevin Hogan was another later round pick. He also did draft Mahomes. Is it really fair to claim scouts picked Mahomes yet lay all other picks at Dorsey's feet?

BryanBusby 01-03-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13328874)
Matt Barkley is the reason to GTFO.

Beyond both of them being at USC they are nothing alike.

Chiefshrink 01-03-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13328967)
He's got a ways to go. He'd be perfect for pairing with a veteran stop-gap..

Agreed. Seems USC QBs have not faired well since Palmer and to your point many scouts thought Sanchez should stay but Sanchez didn't want that rookie cap to hit him the following year so why not "steal" the $$.:D

Don't follow college is Darnold better than Sanchez at this point coming out ?

BryanBusby 01-03-2018 08:15 PM

Darnold has the most talent from a USC QB since Palmer, but I think Sanchez was more ready for the pros.

He just had the misfortune of learning from a blackhole of suck known as Brian Schottenheimer.

DaneMcCloud 01-03-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13329063)
That's not really fair is it? Tyler Bray was a flyer and they said as much. Kevin Hogan was another later round pick. He also did draft Mahomes. Is it really fair to claim scouts picked Mahomes yet lay all other picks at Dorsey's feet?

Yeah, I think it's fair. Actually, more than fair.

Reid was extremely involved with the Mahomes pick, as he was with the Kareem Hunt pic.

As a matter of fact, looking back on what transpired in the 2017 offseason, with drafting both of those guys, juxtapositioned with letting Poe walk, signing Bennie Logan to an $8 million dollar deal, then cutting Maclin, there are two signs of the coin happening.

Andy Reid on one side (the winner!) and John Dorsey on the other (the loser!).

Good riddance, Dorsey.

Cleveland suits you perfectly.

ptlyon 01-03-2018 08:17 PM

As said in planes trains and automobiles, "well, I guess you're ****ed"

DaneMcCloud 01-03-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13329122)
Darnold has the most talent from a USC QB since Palmer, but I think Sanchez was more ready for the pros.

He just had the misfortune of learning from a blackhole of suck known as Brian Schottenheimer.

I just don't see it with Darnold. He's so incredibly inconsistent.

Allen is the second coming of Jake Locker, IMO.

Rosen is a stud QB but from all reports, a dickhead in the mold of Jay Cutler.

I've never liked this class, dating back to January 2017.

NJChiefsFan 01-03-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13329125)
Yeah, I think it's fair. Actually, more than fair.

Reid was extremely involved with the Mahomes pick, as he was with the Kareem Hunt pic.

As a matter of fact, looking back on what transpired in the 2017 offseason, with drafting both of those guys, juxtapositioned with letting Poe walk, signing Bennie Logan to an $8 million dollar deal, then cutting Maclin, there are two signs of the coin happening.

Andy Reid on one side (the winner!) and John Dorsey on the other (the loser!).

Good riddance, Dorsey.

Cleveland suits you perfectly.

But how does Reid being involved mean that Dorsey had nothing to do with it? Reid wasn't involved with the Bray, Murray, and Hogan picks? I remember Reid being very high on Bray.

Chiefshrink 01-03-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13329009)
Are the Broncos being relegated to the Arena League, because that's the only way I see Mayfield being a successful pro?

----------------------

And Lombardi is the CoMo of NFL front office talking heads. That guy doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Him saying Darnold is #1 overall is a kiss of death.

IF Mayfield goes to team who really knows how to develop QBs, I see him as the next Russell Wilson but if not he is hosed because he really runs the equivalency of a high school offense at OU IMHO. But the guy has a ton of potential IF he can grasp the NFL QB position. His arm is not quite as strong as Wilson's and nor as mature as Wilson character wise but at least he is not Manziel either.

Sassy Squatch 01-03-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13329090)
Beyond both of them being at USC they are nothing alike.

I meant he's the reason you don't stay. Barkley got hurt and tanked his stock. There's a lot more to lose then to gain by staying.

DaneMcCloud 01-03-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13329136)
But how does Reid being involved mean that Dorsey had nothing to do with it? Reid wasn't involved with the Bray, Murray, and Hogan picks? I remember Reid being very high on Bray.

Reid being "high" on a street free agent is one thing.

Dorsey had ZERO interaction at Texas Tech with the admin, coaching staff and their coach, Kliff Kingsbury.

Murray and Hogan were Dorsey picks and Dorsey ****ed up (as I said on Draft Day and since) in that he took Murray, who's out of the league, one pick before McCarron, who teams got into a bidding war over this past season.

Andy Reid has had FAR MORE impact since taking over this shit franchise than John Dorsey and it isn't even close.

SAUTO 01-03-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13329136)

Bray was undrafted