ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Wichita St 2017-18 Shocker basketball thread. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312208)

HemiEd 01-13-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13332840)
No they have a bunch of guys that suck that don't play any defense.

Graham is legit though.

Guess they escaped the Wildcats today, sorry I missed it.

Speaking of escapes, after the Shockers demolishing two opponents this week, Tulsa gave the Shocks a good game tonight, 72-69.

I was really looking forward to this Tulsa game, they are an old rival. We hated Tulsa when I was attending WSU.

lawrenceRaider 01-18-2018 08:40 AM

Oops, no escaping the Mustangs, in your house. I'm fairly shocked by this.

HemiEd 01-18-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13368064)
Oops, no escaping the Mustangs, in your house. I'm fairly shocked by this.

Yeah, it was Shocking and hard to watch at times. SMU's Shake Milton was in a zone, could not miss. He put on a clinic.

He was the preseason selection for player of the year or something like that and he showed the country why.

It could actually be a good thing for the Shockers in the long run .

lawrenceRaider 01-18-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13368139)
Yeah, it was Shocking and hard to watch at times. SMU's Shake Milton was in a zone, could not miss. He put on a clinic.

He was the preseason selection for player of the year or something like that and he showed the country why.

It could actually be a good thing for the Shockers in the long run

I'm hoping this is the case. Too many years just cruising through the MVC never really left WSU battle tested for the Tourney.

journeyscarab 01-18-2018 01:17 PM

I fully expected this to be a bit of a transition season. We wanted a more challenging conference that would better prepare us for March. I never expected us to plow through the AAC undefeated or without a few losses. 3G will get a game plan together and the guys will learn and rise to the challenge.

Onward! GO SHOX!

big nasty kcnut 01-18-2018 03:55 PM

going to see them play saturday here in houston!

HemiEd 01-18-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 13368430)
I fully expected this to be a bit of a transition season. We wanted a more challenging conference that would better prepare us for March. I never expected us to plow through the AAC undefeated or without a few losses. 3G will get a game plan together and the guys will learn and rise to the challenge.

Onward! GO SHOX!

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 13368614)

Wu Shock!!!

Chiefspants 01-20-2018 02:10 PM

Am I wrong when I say that this is a much better team without Conner in the lineup?

lawrenceRaider 01-20-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13371906)
Am I wrong when I say that this is a much better team without Conner in the lineup?

That's what I see as well.

farmerchief 01-20-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13371906)

If he's not scoring, which he wasn't early, he should be on the bench. Other teams target him in their offense, he's kind of poor on D, always has been,
Unfortunately

TEX 01-20-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 13368614)

Coogs played well. It was pay back time!

Just one game and UH needed it. Lots of season left. Hopefully they can keep it up. Shockers wil be there throughout.

HemiEd 01-28-2018 08:52 PM

Great game tonight by Reaves, holy crap that was fun to watch. 7 for 7 on threes in the first half with 23 points. Totally made up for the slump that Shamet and Frankamp are in,. Morris was money.

They were behind quite a bit, but ended up winning 90-71

Oh, and Conner Frankamp lost his 3 point streak after 40 some games, he got benched mid second half.

journeyscarab 01-29-2018 10:29 AM

Glad to see them back on the winning track. Hopefully Shamet and Conners slump blows over soon.

Nirvana58 01-29-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 13386660)
Glad to see them back on the winning track. Hopefully Shamet and Conners slump blows over soon.

Shamet needs to start driving to the basket again. He got lazy because he was making over 50% of his threes and started just sitting on the perimeter.

We really need Shamet and McDuffie to go back to their roots. Slashers that can dish and shoot the rock. Don't know if it because of their injuries or not. If Shamet and McDuffie start to drive to the hoop again this is a Final Four team. If we continue on our current path then we are a Sweet 16 team at best.

Also I love Frankamp. However, I have never seen a guy more into his head than him. How can such a great shooter go into these drastic slumps is mind boggling. His defense is actually pretty good for his size and athleticism. He is very smart with the ball. He is just jackal and hyde with his scoring ability.

Last point. I love Reaves farm tuff defense. Kid looks like he could get knocked over with a gust of wind but man does he play some good defence.

lawrenceRaider 02-02-2018 08:48 AM

Shocking outcome @ Temple.