ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LNBS: Dalvin Cook having amazing start w/ 288 yards rushing. Hunt has 401. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310325)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-25-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13104688)
DJLN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rudy anal ring toss

who are you?

DaneMcCloud 09-25-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13104363)
I think it's unlikely he's better than prime Charles.

He's better than Charles was as a rookie (fumble-itis), better than Charles in 2009 and better than Charles in his "Prime", which was 2012, when the Chiefs went 2-14.

Hunt is a 22 year old rookie who doesn't have any flaws in his game. He has thick legs, which gives him a great base and balance to go with his vision and soft hands.

The crazy part is that once the Chiefs have a healthy Morse and Ehinger, he'll be even better.

Direckshun 09-25-2017 10:59 AM

Look how horrifically Hunt is blowing away the league right now: http://www.footballdb.com/stats/stat...?mode=Y&lg=NFL

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-25-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13104818)
Look how horrifically Hunt is blowing away the league right now: http://www.footballdb.com/stats/stat...?mode=Y&lg=NFL

Wow. Gurley is getting abused with his 76 touches through 3 games. Shades of 2016 Lamar Miller.

ThaVirus 09-25-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13104730)
He's better than Charles was as a rookie (fumble-itis), better than Charles in 2009 and better than Charles in his "Prime", which was 2012, when the Chiefs went 2-14.

Hunt is a 22 year old rookie who doesn't have any flaws in his game. He has thick legs, which gives him a great base and balance to go with his vision and soft hands.

The crazy part is that once the Chiefs have a healthy Morse and Ehinger, he'll be even better.

Whoa, let’s calm down a bit here. Dude’s played 3 games.

ThaVirus 09-25-2017 12:06 PM

Dude’s been incredible. It’s literally like night and day when he’s on the field as opposed to West.

But none of this will mean anything if he’s hurt/on the bench in January/February.

Fingers crossed for him to stay healthy.

DaneMcCloud 09-25-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13104947)
Whoa, let’s calm down a bit here. Dude’s played 3 games.

And he's absolutely shredded each team he's faced.

It took Charles years to get to the point and it only lasted a little while.

Sofa King 09-25-2017 12:21 PM

On that last long touchdown run did anyone else notice the ref sprinting down the sideline and keeping up?

TLO 09-25-2017 12:33 PM

Please stay healthy you sexy beast

Hammock Parties 09-25-2017 12:57 PM

It's some kind of cosmic karma that we got our potential franchise QB and franchise RB in at the same time.

No sitting here praying for a QB while a stud gets the tread run off his tires....and no sitting here praying for playmakers while a franchise QB gets pounded into the dirt.

The next five years are going to be the best years of our lives as Chiefs fans.

ThaVirus 09-25-2017 01:05 PM

LNBS: Dalvin Cook having amazing start w/ 288 yards rushing. Hunt has 401.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13104965)
And he's absolutely shredded each team he's faced.

It took Charles years to get to the point and it only lasted a little while.

That’s awesome, but again it’s only a small sample size.

It didn’t take Jamaal years, by the way. He was drafted in 08 and had to sit behind a guy who just ripped off back to back 1,700 yard seasons. In 09 when JC took over feature back duties for the final 9 games of the season he led the league in rushing from that point.

Charles was elite from the back half of 2009 to the first 5 games of 2015. That’s a GREAT career for any RB. He wasn’t some flash in the pan.

Halfcan 09-25-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13104818)

6 TD's as well, which leads the NFL.

Buehler445 09-25-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13104730)

Man I don't want to get into a ginormous argument where we are talking past each other but here goes:

-if Hunt continues this level of production he will be the best back of all time. I think he will be slowed down some throughout the year.

-what I make my statements on is the runs on the field. Hunt got smoked a few times where I don't see Charles doing that. Charles played on a lot of bad football teams with ****all for holes to run through. I haven't seen anything from Hunt to think he could do that with no holes.

Maybe that's not fair. But Charles could squirt through a crack I don't see Hunt doing. Hunts top end speed isn't as good as Jamaals (even though it's better than I thought it would be) and his lateral speed, speed to the edge, and agility on cuts is behind Charles. I think people forget how ridiculously fast, balanced, and smart (in terms of patience and reading the defense) was. He's not that guy now but it is a true shame he was wasted under Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards and Franchise Killer Pioli.

On the other side, Hunt is stronger and could run through tackles better. But he can't make guys miss like Charles could so he has to break a few more.

RE: fumbles. Hunt is on pace for 5. Which is the most Charles had in any year. Link

Maybe my suggestion that Hunt will slow down isn't fair. If he can get close to Charles production over the long term without the injuries, he will have the better career but physically he can't do the things the Charles did to get yards with a garbage team.

All in all a good problem to have. I was VERY concerned when Ware went down. West and a rookie? Fuuu*******. I am so goddamned pleasantly surprised I am beyond elated. Goddamn. What a draft pick.

redfan 09-25-2017 03:41 PM

While Jamaal scoring tds for the donx makes me a little ill,
Hunt is the antidote I need.
He trucks dudes Jamaal would've outrun. I love that attitude.

DaneMcCloud 09-25-2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13105105)
That’s awesome, but again it’s only a small sample size.

It didn’t take Jamaal years, by the way. He was drafted in 08 and had to sit behind a guy who just ripped off back to back 1,700 yard seasons. In 09 when JC took over feature back duties for the final 9 games of the season he led the league in rushing from that point.

Charles was elite from the back half of 2009 to the first 5 games of 2015. That’s a GREAT career for any RB. He wasn’t some flash in the pan.

Charles wasn't an elite back in 2011 because he was out with an ACL and he certainly wasn't "elite" in 2014-2015.

He had a nice window but he was fragile.