ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LNBS: what Clark Hunt needs to do about the attendance decrease (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309371)

DaneMcCloud 08-15-2017 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13015814)
Win a Super Bowl.

Nah. That isn't going to increase their average of 73,000 attendees.

The NFL can't have its cake and eat it, too.

$9 billion a year in TV contracts while 4K TV's are $399 will never equal increased attendance, especially in a cold weather market.

Arrowhead is actually too big for today's NFL. If they reconfirgured the stadium for 65,000 seats, they'd have a higher demand.

It's only going to get worse, especially in smaller markets.

BossChief 08-15-2017 11:14 PM

3 things

Stop forcing season ticket holders to pay full price for preseason games. Those should be a free perk for buying tickets to the rest of the games...not a reason to price gouge the loyalist of loyal fans.

Offense sells tickets. The move to draft Mahomes was a clear cut move to fix this...but the Chiefs haven't been exciting on offense for a very long time and if you remove the Trent Green and Montana years, I'm not sure they have been exciting on offense for decades.

Stop price gouging fans for parking. Seriously, don't be surprised if people don't want to get price gouged.

baitism 08-15-2017 11:31 PM

Build a new stadium that isn't located in a dump.

007 08-15-2017 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 13016424)
Build a new stadium that isn't located in a dump.

I suppose you are going to suggest a downtown stadium.

T-post Tom 08-16-2017 12:03 AM

Dome. Cheerleader lap dances. Free batteries for Raiders game.

BlackOp 08-16-2017 12:40 AM

$2 beers/$15 parking....get to the crux of the issue.

007 08-16-2017 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13016542)
$2 beers/$15 parking....get to the crux of the issue.

parking should never have exceeded $25. Beer should have stopped at $7. But as long as people will pay it, they will increase it.

I swear, some people spend more time going to get beer and going to piss than they do watching the game. It just makes no sense.

eDave 08-16-2017 01:06 AM

Getting harder and harder to draw people away from their 60' TV's, all games viewable at the same time, cheaper drinks, cheaper/better food, less drunks, no traffic, no crazy parking fees, no cold weather, no bathroom lines, and game chat.

MarkDavis'Haircut 08-16-2017 05:03 AM

It is a problem that CFB and the NFL have yet to figure out.

Hammock Parties 08-16-2017 05:15 AM

People are going to show up in droves to see St. Patrick.

He's something they've never seen before.

HemiEd 08-16-2017 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbymitch (Post 13015937)
They could show a little loyalty to season ticket holders.They expect fan loyalty, but give give none in return.

They could give discounts based upon length of being a season ticket holder. Maybe 1% off for each year?

They would end up paying George to take his seats. :D

The Bad Guy 08-16-2017 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13015823)
Be a playoff threat and contender, Not a playoff pretender for starters...

Trying to relive the glory years of one and done of the 90s with fat Andy isn't attractive...

This post is laughably bad. Holy shit.

HemiEd 08-16-2017 05:44 AM

Maybe our situation is unique, but we haven't been to Arrowhead in over a decade now because the Mrs. can't see over the true fans that won't sit down in their ****ing seats.

It is so much easier to just stay home where it is warm, good beer and food is cheap.

I miss the tailgating experience though, but not bad enough to do something about it.

KChiefs1 08-16-2017 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13016558)
Getting harder and harder to draw people away from their 60' TV's, all games viewable at the same time, cheaper drinks, cheaper/better food, less drunks, no traffic, no crazy parking fees, no cold weather, no bathroom lines, and game chat.

Nailed it.

Dayze 08-16-2017 07:02 AM

my last game at Arrowhead was the playoff loss to the Ravens. and even at that point, i was nearly at the "**** it" stage of not going anymore. My football these days is primarily on Saturdays, and I'll watch the Chiefs on Sunday.

as others have stated, sitting at home with a big TV, being close to that bathroom, having as much beer as I could want for the price of two beers at the stadium, way better food. and if the Chiefs stink up the joint in the 1st half, I could turn it off and start doing something else with the rest of my day.

Plus, being AT the stadium, is actually quite boring most of the time. With all the timeouts, commercial timeouts, reviews, etc....the actual action on the field is pretty small.

Arrowhead was awesome back in the day when it was the only option for entertainment on Sundays. Before big TV's, sunday ticket etc. Hell, when I worked at a retaurant in the food court in the mall in 93-95 in HS, the owner would only staff like 2 people to work on Sundays if the Chiefs had a home game that day. It was DEAD at the mall, adn the entire area around the mall/streets etc, was like a ghost town because everyone stayed home to watch the game. Again, only entertainment option on Sunday back then.