ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop San Diego and Denver advice (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308975)

Rain Man 07-28-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12977781)
we did Denver Nature & Science and it was one of the best I've ever been to. Second on skipping the Denver aquarium, I read poor reviews and very expensive. Wings over Rockies was okay, but if you've been to any small air museum it's more of the same.

Was very underwhelmed by Biker Jims and Snooze.

I'd recommend Syrup over Snooze.

I really like the Denver Aquarium, but I just like aquariums in general. It's not as big as a lot of the more well known aquariums, but it's nice.

Oddly, it's privately run. It was started as a city project and didn't go well, and then some private company bought it and has kept it going.

DaFace 07-28-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12978067)
I really like the Denver Aquarium, but I just like aquariums in general. It's not as big as a lot of the more well known aquariums, but it's nice.

Oddly, it's privately run. It was started as a city project and didn't go well, and then some private company bought it and has kept it going.

And it has tigers. Why? Who knows.

Perineum Ripper 07-28-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12978090)
And it has tigers. Why? Who knows.

Uh because everywhere should have a ****ing tiger in it..how sweet would it be to walk into a McDonalds and boom there is a tiger sitting on the counter making you question if your lard ass needs that Big Mac with extra sauce and a chocolate shake to choke it down your pallet

Rain Man 07-28-2017 01:11 PM

The last time I was there, I didn't see the tigers, but I saw what may or may not have been tiger ears peeking up behind a big rock. They didn't move, and they looked like they could have possibly been the ears of a large stuffed tiger, which may be how the new owners turned it around financially.

DJJasonp 07-28-2017 01:21 PM

as mentioned....in San Diego - check out the USS Midway. Really cool.

Dont go anywhere near any establishment claiming to be "BBQ"......not going to happen in San Diego.

Bugeater 07-28-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 12978207)
Dont go anywhere near any establishment claiming to be "BBQ"......not going to happen in San Diego.

Or in Denver or anywhere outside of the state of Missouri for that matter

Iowanian 07-28-2017 01:56 PM

Pike's Peak would be a pretty exhilarating ride on a bike and there is plenty to do in that area while you're there. My family enjoyed Garden of the Gods quite a bit.

It's not fancy and I haven't been in a few years but my favorite off the beaten path place to get a burger was the Bucksnort Saloon near Pine, Co. It's not fancy, but it's unique.

stevieray 07-28-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 12978271)
Pike's Peak would be a pretty exhilarating ride on a bike

Especially on the way back down...:)

vailpass 07-28-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 12978271)
Pike's Peak would be a pretty exhilarating ride on a bike and there is plenty to do in that area while you're there. My family enjoyed Garden of the Gods quite a bit.

It's not fancy and I haven't been in a few years but my favorite off the beaten path place to get a burger was the Bucksnort Saloon near Pine, Co. It's not fancy, but it's unique.

Holy shit you know the Buck Snort? We used to camp in Pine and roll in there for a drink and a bite. They hung checks that had bounced on the wall so they knew who wasn't welcome. Solid recommendation.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 07-28-2017 02:25 PM

Drive up to the Torrey Pines Gliderport for the view. You can walk down to the beach too. (Athough If you turn right once you get to the beach you're going into nudist colony)

There's a bbq place called bbq house on newport avenue that's pretty solid and it's next to the pier

The San diego zoo, if you have the time, is impressive.

KranzDictum 07-28-2017 02:36 PM

Just so you know, Pikes Peak is outside of Colorado Springs, it is about an hour or so away, as are the Garden of the Gods which is my personal favorite.

If you don't have time to drive down to the Springs go to Red Rocks and drive up 70 into the mountains, there is a narrow gage railroad up there that was a fun ride. Also up 70 is Look out Mountain and Buffalo Bills grave. I enjoy going up there, at the top was a small forest preserve you can walk around which was kind of cool because there were wild deer there when we were up there plus you can't beat walking in the mountains.

If you like to hike pick a national park trail and go. There was a neat little park near Castle Rock, Castlewood Canyon State Park. It is not up in the mountians but there was an old failed damn up there that was neat to see and along the way to the Springs worth some time to walk around.

There is a military base in the Springs that has a museum but the one time we went was right after 9/11 and they closed the base, haven't had time on other trips since.

Lots to see and do, the 16th street mall had all kinds of stuff, haven't been out there since they legalized weed so not sure how that changed but plenty of brewpubs back then.

Take your time and enjoy.

mikeyis4dcats. 07-28-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 12977997)
Just might not be fun on a motorcycle. Oh, and never ever try to do anything near the front range on a holiday weekend. We learned that lesson when we arrived in Estes Park on Labor Day weekend last year. You couldn't even drive through that damn town.

yeah, we found that out frantically rishing to do the Goergetown Loop on Saturday July 1. Made it with 2 minutes to spare.

BlackHelicopters 07-28-2017 04:08 PM

Need pics of girlfriend to be able to give relevant advice.

Buck 07-28-2017 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12978336)
Drive up to the Torrey Pines Gliderport for the view. You can walk down to the beach too. (Athough If you turn right once you get to the beach you're going into nudist colony)

There's a bbq place called bbq house on newport avenue that's pretty solid and it's next to the pier

The San diego zoo, if you have the time, is impressive.

This BBQ place is pretty good, they make a BBQ burrito with pulled pork, coleslaw, and baked beans that is good.

ThaVirus 07-28-2017 06:24 PM

I went to San Diego a few months ago and had a great time.

I wouldn't recommend the USS Midway unless you're a true history buff. I thought it was just hella lame. The best thing about it was the views.

Other than that, the downtown area is pretty cool and relatively clean aside from all the bums (good Lord there are a shit ton of bums in San Diego). Hiking Cowles Mountain is a good one. And La Jolla is pretty cool if you get the chance.