ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Paylor: Communication, management style were factors in firing of Dorsey (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308444)

kgrund 06-25-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12931450)
That's not how management works. He did one thing well, scout players. Nobody but the owner can just do whatever they want. He Alain fogged up our cap bad.

I agree to that only to the extent if you have an employee who is not very good at anything, than you hag on the other details. Now is you have someone who is exceptional at a key thing that is hard to find, you find other ways to take care of the other details and retain the talent. Now if he really was not as good as many of us think on acquiring talent then that changes things. But if true, management is about assembling and managing talent that puts you in the best position for success. Nobody would question a acquiring talent is among the top 3. If you have a need for the contracts and cap management reassign or go outside the organization. Not that hard IMO.

Hammock Parties 06-25-2017 06:18 PM

ROFL

https://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityC...iring/djebdfr/

Quote:

This is on nothing more but a personal level and has nothing to do with his abilities as GM, but the dude's a litter bug. A literal litter bug.

Every single year I've went to training camp I've watched this guy throw shit on the practice field. Gum wrappers, wadded up pieces of paper; you name it. First time my buddies and I witnessed it back in 2013 we thought it was hilarious and made many a Scott Pioli joke. But he was still throwing shit on the ground the most recent training camp.

I mean, c'mon! Even if there wasn't trash cans readily available (there are) or if he wasn't wearing shorts with pockets (he was), there's still tons of volunteers/assistants running around all over the place that you could just hand them the damned trash to throw away.

FringeNC 06-25-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 12931393)
Nothing about this, the timing of the decision, Dorsey's performance, letting Ballard get away, extending Reid immediately - nothing about it says that we are getting the truth here.

Yeah, but the truth could be that Hunt is taking the heat for Reid, who may have actually been the driving force. Who knows, but the explanations we've been given make no sense.

Baby Lee 06-25-2017 06:22 PM

I heard he was a close talker who double dipped his chips.

Baby Lee 06-25-2017 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 12931393)
Nothing about this, the timing of the decision, Dorsey's performance, letting Ballard get away, extending Reid immediately - nothing about it says that we are getting the truth team improvement here.

FYP

DaFace 06-25-2017 06:51 PM

You can come up with nitpicks about Dorsey. But I have yet to hear anything that is a reasonable justification for firing the most successful GM in the NFL in the past 4 years.

DaneMcCloud 06-25-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12931505)
You can come up with nitpicks about Dorsey. But I have yet to hear anything that is a reasonable justification for firing the most successful GM in the NFL in the past 4 years.

I'd imagine that once people start interviewing for the GM position, things will begin to trickle out.

As poor as Peter King is at predictions, he's the most dialed in guy in the NFL, so I'm sure he's getting some kind of scoop.

Unfortunately, he's on break for 3 weeks but hopefully, he'll have some info soon.

RunKC 06-25-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Bottom line: Dorsey's biggest sin was that he wasn't that great with the financial aspect of the job and got us into a jam with the cap.

If there is one thing any owner hates, it's paying for people that aren't on the payroll.

I don't think that should have ended his career here but it makes sense.

wazu 06-25-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

This all day. My confidence in Clark Hunt has been really shaken by this. Dorsey is the best GM I've ever seen the Chiefs have, even with a few warts surrounding the cap and free agents. I want a GM who hits in the draft all the time. That's Dorsey. Gonna be a tough act to follow.

wazu 06-25-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12931509)
I'd imagine that once people start interviewing for the GM position, things will begin to trickle out.

As poor as Peter King is at predictions, he's the most dialed in guy in the NFL, so I'm sure he's getting some kind of scoop.

Unfortunately, he's on break for 3 weeks but hopefully, he'll have some info soon.

At this point all we can do is hope something devastating is revealed.

BlackOp 06-25-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

I think Chunt's hair-helmet was on a little too tight...does Goldman-Sachs issue those for all their robots?

KChiefs1 06-25-2017 09:00 PM

https://youtu.be/LijT7YXTt4Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdcox 06-25-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12931375)
Hunts aren't about winning.

This is the central problem with the Hunts, post AFL-AFC merger. They want to look good and make the playoffs. There is no sense of moving beyond being "competitive".

DaneMcCloud 06-25-2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 12931638)
This is the central problem with the Hunts, post AFL-AFC merger. They want to look good and make the playoffs. There is no sense of moving beyond being "competitive".

Reerun is a ****ing. So are you.

Clark Hunt hired the best GM candidate in 2009 but it didn't work out.

He hired the best available coach and hired a highly regarded personnel man in Dorsey in 2013. That trajectory isn't over.

Shut the **** up.

cdcox 06-25-2017 09:05 PM

There is playing nice with others is a desirable trait in a leader. But there is no substitute for talent. Whatever Dorsey lacked in communication skills he made up for in talent evaluation.