ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Reuben Foster fails drug test at combine (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307258)

Halfcan 04-20-2017 03:44 PM

His excuse seems legit? Food poisoning caused him to water down the sample so bad he failed the test.

So it is okay to treat nurses like shit because you don't want to be there- gotcha.

DJ's left nut 04-20-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12832718)
His excuse seems legit? Food poisoning caused him to water down the sample so bad he failed the test.

So it is okay to treat nurses like shit because you don't want to be there- gotcha.

And you've never been terse with support staff when you're frustrated or stressed out. Got it.

I'm sure our entire 53 man is just all choir boys. Nothing but nice guys in the NFL...

As for the drug test, I'm not a pharmacist so I don't know what can cause a miss but I know that we have to do drug testing for everyone one of our hires and I've sent two kids home for a diluted test and had them come back 2 days later to try again and they passed just fine. I don't know what caused it, but you can have a diluted sample that creates a false positive. I'm pretty sure these college kids that were signing up to make $8 bucks/hour didn't go get themselves professionally flushed to come back and pass 48 hours later. Sure seems like something that happens on occasion.

vailpass 04-20-2017 04:00 PM

I'd be curious to see how people would view/explain these exact same behaviors about a guy that wasn't an all-SEC linebacker sure-fire first-round NFL draft pick.

O.city 04-20-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12832749)
I'd be curious to see how people would view/explain these exact same behaviors about a guy that wasn't an all-SEC linebacker sure-fire first-round NFL draft pick.

Different.

Like Steve keim said, if Hannibal lector ran a 4.3, we'd say he had an eating disorder.

O.city 04-20-2017 04:04 PM

I think you've gotta be a little crazy to play ilb and be good at it.

Question becomes is he good enough, or does he turn into the other mil that oakland took from bama whose name escapes me

Halfcan 04-20-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12832737)
And you've never been terse with support staff when you're frustrated or stressed out. Got it.

I'm sure our entire 53 man is just all choir boys. Nothing but nice guys in the NFL...

As for the drug test, I'm not a pharmacist so I don't know what can cause a miss but I know that we have to do drug testing for everyone one of our hires and I've sent two kids home for a diluted test and had them come back 2 days later to try again and they passed just fine. I don't know what caused it, but you can have a diluted sample that creates a false positive. I'm pretty sure these college kids that were signing up to make $8 bucks/hour didn't go get themselves professionally flushed to come back and pass 48 hours later. Sure seems like something that happens on occasion.

No, I have not been rude/disrespectful to nurses. I just dealt with many nurses recently when my Dad had a new pacemaker. The nurses were hardworking, did most everything and were amazing. Foster might have been in a different situation though, but it still looks bad on him.

As soon as he found out, Foster should have immediately gone and had another test done. If in fact, it is was excess body water on the first test and Not physically watering down the sample- the new sample would have come back clean. Lots of money on the line for him just to accept a false positive test at face value. It will cost him money and resp[ect now.

If he is clean- this is a real travesty, because he looks like a heck of a player. And yes I agree- we could use that nasty attitude on defense.

Dante84 04-20-2017 04:08 PM

Zero ****s given; put that red on red on

Chiefnj2 04-20-2017 04:08 PM

If he had food poisoning he would have used it as part of his excuse for getting kicked out of the combine. He would have given some BS about being sick and dehydrated and that is why he lost his cool.

Heck of a college player, but he apparently has a ten cent brain and still surrounds himself with questionable characters from what I've read.

Take him if he falls but don't be surprised if he needs a handler and is suspended

vailpass 04-20-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12832753)
Different.

Like Steve keim said, if Hannibal lector ran a 4.3, we'd say he had an eating disorder.

Heh yeah, that's a very good way to put that.

Chiefnj2 04-20-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12832737)

What a load of crap. Thousands of players have gone through the combine yet Foster is the only one to have ever been sent home for this reason.

DJ's left nut 04-20-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12832758)
No, I have not been rude/disrespectful to nurses. I just dealt with many nurses recently when my Dad had a new pacemaker. The nurses were hardworking, did most everything and were amazing. Foster might have been in a different situation though, but it still looks bad on him.

As soon as he found out, Foster should have immediately gone and had another test done. If in fact, it is was excess body water on the first test and Not physically watering down the sample- the new sample would have come back clean. Lots of money on the line for him just to accept a false positive test at face value. It will cost him money and resp[ect now.

If he is clean- this is a real travesty, because he looks like a heck of a player. And yes I agree- we could use that nasty attitude on defense.

Of course it does.

But we all have our moments. Not necessarily with nurses but maybe with a waiter or a secretary or some poor schlub just manning a front desk.

I know I've been pretty irritated with myself after encounters with umpires before. At the time I was dead positive I was justified and the next day I may have still thought I was justified but I knew I shouldn't have taken it to the level I did.

And frankly, I don't even make a very good point when I say that I want a little crazy on our defense. I've stood nose to nose after sprinting through the infield to get into it with an ump but when I played football and got sent over the middle on a crackback block, you bet your ass I slowed up before I set the block and more often than not I got my ass handed to me for it. I can be a high-strung asshole to the wrong people on occasion but it doesn't mean I was an aggressive football player.

But my point is that it isn't all that indicative of his character; dude may have just been having a bad ****ing day and yes, that's absolutely a reason. It may not be a justification for it, but not a one of us is above it.

And we don't know when/how he found out. I suspect it came well after the sample. And for the record, if it was literally a 'watered down' sample, like with water from the tap, we'd have known it immediately because we've had kids try that too and nobody gets the temperature right. You always end up outside the acceptable bounds for the sample and it's an immediate rejection - do not pass go, do not send for analysis. If that was how this went down, I bet we'd know it.

DJ's left nut 04-20-2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 12832783)
What a load of crap. Thousands of players have gone through the combine yet Foster is the only one to have ever been sent home for this reason.

And why is 'this reason' so damning? Marcus Peters got thrown off the goddamn team for being unable to control his emotions.

He didn't ****ing slug anybody; I don't see why I'm supposed to care about it. He embarrassed himself by getting into an argument with somebody that ultimately didn't have a damn thing to do with what he was pissed about - happens all the time to everyone in every walk of life. I'm not gonna barbecue him for it.

Halfcan 04-20-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 12832768)
If he had food poisoning he would have used it as part of his excuse for getting kicked out of the combine. He would have given some BS about being sick and dehydrated and that is why he lost his cool.

Heck of a college player, but he apparently has a ten cent brain and still surrounds himself with questionable characters from what I've read.

Take him if he falls but don't be surprised if he needs a handler and is suspended

Last drug test I took- the nurse put a red dye packet in the toilet and instructed me Not to flush it. Also, she put safety tape over faucet so no water could come out.

If Foster was is a similar situation- why did he not say- No water was even available during testing to dilute this sample. When confirmed by the hospital- it would be a moot point.

As it stands now- it looks like he was trying to skirt the test, got into an argument with the nurses over it, was kicked out. Then the failed test comes back diluted. I guess NFL teams will make their own judgment if these excuses are plausible when added to the food poisoning story.

Trent Green GOAT 04-20-2017 04:28 PM

Do want, absolute stud.

DJ's left nut 04-20-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12832793)
Last drug test I took- the nurse put a red dye packet in the toilet and instructed me Not to flush it. Also, she put safety tape over faucet so no water could come out.

If Foster was is a similar situation- why did he not say- No water was even available during testing to dilute this sample. When confirmed by the hospital- it would be a moot point.

As it stands now- it looks like he was trying to skirt the test, got into an argument with the nurses over it, was kicked out. Then the failed test comes back diluted. I guess NFL teams will make their own judgment if these excuses are plausible when added to the food poisoning story.

Unless things have recently surfaced, my understanding of the argument with the nurses was that it wasn't even over a test but rather he was trying to get paperwork/records (I believe related to his recent shoulder surgery).

And who the hell knows if your situation was the same as his. Maybe water WAS available to dilute the sample - that doesn't mean he used it and it's not his fault if the protocols were different where he took the test. Like I said, I'd be shocked if this was a result of dumping water in his piss cup; people just don't get that temp right and that kicks back immediately. I have to believe we'd know about it were that the case.