ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ILB Gerald Hodges visiting Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306499)

Mother****erJones 03-09-2017 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12776605)
He's better than Ramik and can stop the run so he'd be an upgrade. I like Ramik as a backup tho

Ramik got better and better the more he played.

DJ's left nut 03-09-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12776637)
Ramik got better and better the more he played.

Until he had to replace Derrick Johnson.

Now mind you, I was hammered for the Denver game so I can't speak directly to it, but in the TN, SD and Pitt games, he appeared exposed to me. I really felt like he was being picked on in the SD game and selectively abused against Pitt; they seemed to find him when they needed to.

Wilson was a pleasant surprise as a starter alongside DJ; he played well when given more limited responsibilities. I don't think he was able to handle the all-around role that we asked of him when Johnson went down.

I think Hodges would do a better job there and allow Wilson to slide back into a secondary role.

Chief Roundup 03-09-2017 04:52 PM

Thought we were out of the FA market....

Mother****erJones 03-09-2017 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12776641)

Now mind you, I was hammered for the Denver game so I can't speak directly to it, but in the TN, SD and Pitt games, he appeared exposed to me. I really felt like he was being picked on in the SD game and selectively abused against Pitt; they seemed to find him when they needed to.

Wilson was a pleasant surprise as a starter alongside DJ; he played well when given more limited responsibilities. I don't think he was able to handle the all-around role that we asked of him when Johnson went down.

I think Hodges would do a better job there and allow Wilson to slide back into a secondary role.

I was hammered in the Denver game as well. I didn't make him a focal point but I just remember some splash plays from him. Now, lets see what this off-season and TC brings with his development. Also add in the DL coming back healthy and hopefully better. Yes, I want Ramik as the secondary LB. Next to a stud. That's why I wanted someone like Hightower.

DadLeft4Cigarettes 03-09-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12776540)
I Love you !

Hegood but u good to

thanks you

pugsnotdrugs19 03-09-2017 05:06 PM

I think Hodges would come in on a deal around 3 years/$16M. Somewhere in that range. Low cap hit year one.

I'm hitting the All-22 soon to watch more of him and formulate a better feel, but on the surface it would be a nice get.

Mr. Laz 03-09-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 12776643)
Thought we were out of the FA market....

We haven't signed anyone yet.

DJ's left nut 03-09-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12776677)
I think Hodges would come in on a deal around 3 years/$16M. Somewhere in that range. Low cap hit year one.

I'm hitting the All-22 soon to watch more of him and formulate a better feel, but on the surface it would be a nice get.

I was thinking in the 4/$20 range but the market is so flush that I'm probably shooting low.

Mr. Laz 03-09-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DadLeft4Cigarettes (Post 12776521)
left nut is good. he mos knowlageable poster out here

I bet you like right nut as well, not to mention center salami.

O.city 03-09-2017 05:09 PM

DJLN gets lucky and talks about a guy we bring in now we never will hear the end of that shit.

Damn. LOL.

Chief Roundup 03-09-2017 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12776641)

That was not his normal position. He was to start next to Derrick Johnson not take his place. That was March-Lillard and then Alexander.
He should not be expected to switch positions and play near as good as DJ. They had different skill sets.

Chief Roundup 03-09-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12776678)
We haven't signed anyone yet.

Other than Berry, Sorenson, Santos, Wilson and Tardiff you mean.

T-post Tom 03-09-2017 05:13 PM

Seems like a good fit. Go Dorsey!

DJ's left nut 03-09-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 12776686)
That was not his normal position. He was to start next to Derrick Johnson not take his place. That was March-Lillard and then Alexander.
He should not be expected to switch positions and play near as good as DJ. They had different skill sets.

Of course, but his skill sets are unlikely to change.

And as I've noted, I don't want March-Lillard in any sort of place where we need him. So in my world, Wilson's again set to replace DJ and as you've noted, his skills don't fit that job terribly well.

Hodges aren't necessarily ideal for it but neither are Hightower's. It's not easy to replace Derrick Johnson.

But I think a better version of a guy like Wilson can do the job, especially if Wilson continues to improve and can help carry some of that load. You aren't going to replace DJ's ability with 1 guy but might be able to do so with 2 of them that play slightly better than the person they are 'replacing'. Hodges being an improvement over Wilson in that role and Wilson developing would make him a bit better than last year's version.

DJ's left nut 03-09-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12776684)
DJLN gets lucky and talks about a guy we bring in now we never will hear the end of that shit.

Damn. LOL.

I still think it's a long-shot; not a lot of money here.

But hey, when has CP ever been easy on FA acquisitions? It's far more likely that I'm just the asshole that wanted to bring this lousy Joe Mays wannabe in here.