ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs could be ready to move on from Alex Smith, per Jason Cole (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306119)

RunKC 02-21-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12751041)
Right now anything is possible but this is just a maybe report. League execs my ass. Until FA starts nothing can happen.

Reid has twice tha Smith is the QB. That is what we know and it sucks.

He's not going to say differently in a press conference. There have been countless times GM's say shit and then don't do it.

Wait for the action because words mean nothing in this business.

In58men 02-21-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12751039)
Peter King
Albert Breer
Jason Cole

This isn't the same as the Dorsey to GB rumor. Cole had this rumor last year in midseason. Terez has reported information last year stating that this is Alex's time to do something.

Goddamn people...Alex Smith himself said that he wouldn't blame us for bringing in another QB.

Wake the **** up. Does this information not point to anything in your head?

I love you

Discuss Thrower 02-21-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Peter King
Albert Breer
Jason Cole

This isn't the same as the Dorsey to GB rumor. Cole had this rumor last year in midseason. Terez has reported information last year stating that this is Alex's time to do something.

Goddamn people...Alex Smith himself said that he wouldn't blame us for bringing in another QB.

It points to sports media doing sports media things: generating noteworthy speculation to earn clicks and drive revenue.

Spott 02-21-2017 03:06 PM

Gotta make room for Kaepernick somehow.

Easy 6 02-21-2017 03:07 PM

I dont give a damn if its Romo + rookie, Foles + rookie, Romo + Bray, Foles + Bray, or any other possible combination... but its time for a change

Its incredibly hard for me to bear the thought of sleeping through 2017 under the "dynamic" field generalship of Smiff... makes me wanna gouge my eyes out

Mother****erJones 02-21-2017 03:08 PM

When the main national media talking heads start talking about this, you listen. It's not just some guy like Ian Rappaport bullshitting about this. It's the important sources.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-21-2017 03:09 PM

Praying for the Romo + Mahomes scenario. Would be just perfect imo.

chiefzilla1501 02-21-2017 03:12 PM

Dorsey and Reid defended Alex Smith. But it sounded really different this year. I don't think they'll throw Alex under the bus and they don't have much cap flexibility to even do that. But I would be shocked if we didn't at least make an aggressive move in the draft for a qb. With Alex easy to cut next year, i think Alex has only one year left anyway.

Let's not forget that Alex smith's wife after his last concussion sounded legitimately concerned about him playing much longer.

It'll be interesting for sure.

ToxSocks 02-21-2017 03:14 PM

Lol Jason Cole.

Shit meet wall.

If/when the Chiefs move on from Smith, it won't be for another vet QB.

Bowser 02-21-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12751072)
Dorsey and Reid defended Alex Smith. But it sounded really different this year. I don't think they'll throw Alex under the bus and they don't have much cap flexibility to even do that. But I would be shocked if we didn't at least make an aggressive move in the draft for a qb. With Alex easy to cut next year, i think Alex has only one year left anyway.

Let's not forget that Alex smith's wife after his last concussion sounded legitimately concerned about him playing much longer.

It'll be interesting for sure.

Remember, Andy traded Donovan McNabb to a division rival once. And that was with McNabb having a better statistical year than Alex did in '16....

RunKC 02-21-2017 03:16 PM

This wouldn't mean Romo by any means. I would imagine that Andy would love to have someone like Tyrod Taylor.

wazu 02-21-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Peter King
Albert Breer
Jason Cole

Yes, it points to an Alex Smith contract extension. You guys are delusional, and those three reporters generally talk out of their asses, Cole being the worst.

Has Athan weighed in yet?

lawrenceRaider 02-21-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12750985)

That's just sad. Most QB's in the top half of the league have a TD on that play, even the bad ones would have thrown the ball. So maybe 31 out of 32 starters at least see the guy running alone down the field and chuck him the ball.

Chief Northman 02-21-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12751078)
This wouldn't mean Romo by any means. I would imagine that Andy would love to have someone like Tyrod Taylor.

**** Tyrod Taylor.

Teams have figured out that you blitz him often and then he goes to shit.

Reerun_KC 02-21-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12750993)
reported for spamming

By all means, I truly hope you did...