ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto F'ing Squirrels... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306042)

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 02-17-2017 07:01 PM

Those things purposefully harass my dog. I've got two in my yard that run up the tree to the second floor window my golden likes to look out. They run along a branch right up to the window and chirp at him. Drives him (and me) insane.

Bwana 02-17-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 12746162)
Those things purposefully harass my dog. I've got two in my yard that run up the tree to the second floor window my golden likes to look out. They run along a branch right up to the window and chirp at him. Drives him (and me) insane.

Yeah I think that's why one of Dobermans hates them so much, they will run along the fence, chip and do the tail shake which pisses the dog off to know end. ROFL She has caught two of them and killed them off. I was sitting in here one day and I heard this squealing noise. I looked out and the dog has a squirrel by the tail and was giving it the Doberman death shake.

The dog figures out it doesn't have a kill zone grab, drops the thing, grabs it by the head and chomp/shake. That's one thing about Dobermans, they can cover a lot of ground.......fast.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-17-2017 07:26 PM

Any of you guys eat squirrel . I've cooked them over campfire . Yummy. Of course EVERYTHING is yummy over a campfire after you've inhaled a gallon of bourbon.

Frazod 02-17-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12746210)
Any of you guys eat squirrel . I've cooked them over campfire . Yummy. Of course EVERYTHING is yummy over a campfire after you've inhaled a gallon of bourbon.

I think a gallon of bourbon is about what it would take to get me to eat squirrel, and I'd probably die of alcohol poisoning first.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 02-17-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12746199)
Yeah I think that's why one of Dobermans hates them so much, they will run along the fence, chip and do the tail shake which pisses the dog off to know end. ROFL She has caught two of them and killed them off. I was sitting in here one day and I heard this squealing noise. I looked out and the dog has a squirrel by the tail and was giving it the Doberman death shake.

The dog figures out it doesn't have a kill zone grab, drops the thing, grabs it by the head and chomp/shake. That's one thing about Dobermans, they can cover a lot of ground.......fast.

Mine's too old/slow to catch them these days. He'll "tree" one of them for hours, though. Keeps him occupied I guess.

When I want him to take a dump in the morning I just say "squirrel" and he goes flying out the door. LMAO

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-17-2017 07:37 PM

[QUOTE=Frazod;12746214]I think a gallon of bourbon is about what it would take to get me to eat squirrel, and I'd probably die of alcohol poisoning first.[/QE]

Yeah, really camping out and drinking heavily isn't always a good idea. When I lived in NC we had a small group of us that would camp out on the Lumbee River and when we were done fishing we'd always challenge each other to eat the remaining bait. Minnows , Liver, ****ing worms. One guy named larry always would step up. I'd do a minnow but the other shit I'd never fall for.

Bwana 02-17-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Once

Between my sophomore and Junior year of High School a buddy and I decided to go for about a 6 mile hike in the mountains into a lake to camp and fish. I was so coincident we would catch fish all I brought was shake and bake, a pan and some other spices. (And of Couse, beer) The first day, no fish, the second day by afternoon, no fish, We were starving by that time and I heard some squirrels. I said what the hell found one of them, pulled up my .22 pistol and my rear sight was missing. (A WTF moment) Thank God it was a 9 shooter. :D I hit him on the 7th shot and ended up killing another one. It may be because we were so hungry, and half tuned up but they tasted damn good with the aid of shake and bake.

Fortunately the next day the fish decided to bite, but that was a hell of a lesson at an early age.

Frazod 02-17-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12746234)
Yeah, really camping out and drinking heavily isn't always a good idea. When I lived in NC we had a small group of us that would camp out on the Lumbee River and when we were done fishing we'd always challenge each other to eat the remaining bait. Minnows , Liver, ****ing worms. One guy named larry always would step up. I'd do a minnow but the other shit I'd never fall for.

Yeah, I think I'll stick to the fish. :Lin:

Buehler445 02-17-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12746149)
Hating on squirrels always reminds me of the father of one of my (least favorite) ex-GFs. He lived in a house in the woods in Wisconsin, and was a bird lover. Had a couple of feeders, and the squirrels would always eat all the bird seed, which made him progressively angrier and crazier. He'd sit outside with a pellet gun on weekends and shoot squirrels all day long - sometimes he'd get 20 or 30 of them in a day. And of course, being in the woods in Wisconsin, for every squirrel he killed, five more would take it's place.

I dumped his psychotic bitch daughter back in 1990 - I wonder if he's still at it? LMAO

Joke is on him. They make squirrel proof bird feeders.

http://www.rollerfeeder.com/images/roller_poster[1].jpg

http://cdnll.gardenersedge.com/images/500/BTSQPF_3.jpg

http://www.atticpestauthority.com/wp...ird-feeder.jpg

Frazod 02-17-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12746247)
Joke is on him. They make squirrel proof bird feeders.

I don't know if they made those 27 years ago. But if they did, he didn't have one. :D

Bwana 02-17-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12746214)
I think a gallon of bourbon is about what it would take to get me to eat squirrel, and I'd probably die of alcohol poisoning first.

You get your ass up here for an ATV ride and 10/1 I can get you to eat one with beer along. :D

Frazod 02-17-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12746253)
You get your ass up here for an ATV ride and 10/1 I can get you to eat one with beer along. :D

Not likely. I may get hungry, but I can live off body fat for a long time.... :)

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-17-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12746242)
Once

Between my sophomore and Junior year of High School a buddy and I decided to go for about a 6 mile hike in the mountains into a lake to camp and fish. I was so coincident we would catch fish all I brought was shake and bake, a pan and some other spices. (And of Couse, beer) The first day, no fish, the second day by afternoon, no fish, We were starving by that time and I heard some squirrels. I said what the hell found one of them, pulled up my .22 pistol and my rear sight was missing. (A WTF moment) Thank God it was a 9 shooter. :D I hit him on the 7th shot and ended up killing another one. It may be because we were so hungry, and half tuned up but they tasted damn good with the aid of shake and bake.

Fortunately the next day the fish decided to bite, but that was a hell of a lesson at an early age.

Heh, Sweet. You probably know this but ,ANYTHING cooked over a campfire is awesome if you do two things. 1) cook it slow and get lots of smoke in and #2) wrap that shit in bacon. Duck, Rabbit and squirrel as well as Dove don't really have a good taste on their own but do those two things and it's a winner.

displacedinMN 02-17-2017 08:19 PM

nothing is squirrel proof. Damn things will find a way no matter what.

SAUTO 02-17-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

My grandma made squirrel and dumplings back in the day. I have a pic of me holding one up when I was about three that they shot and was getting ready to go in the pot