ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid on Mike & Mike: "Alex is our quarterback by the way" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305527)

The Franchise 01-26-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12710008)
Alex is most likely going to be the starting QB of this team despite what all of us want.

You might as well get used to that bc we all know it's gonna happen

If Reid goes into next season with Smith as the starter and they don't draft a QB in the first 2 days......then Reid can get the **** out of here as well.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-26-2017 10:08 AM

So increased strength of schedule , run game less efficient, yet Smiths passing efficiency went up and people are saying he regressed? You can make that argument in red zone efficiency compared to 2015 but that falls mostly on Maclin who admitted he was way off his game

If you don't like Dorsey/ Reid then stop watching

crayzkirk 01-26-2017 10:09 AM

Two more years of football purgatory. Alex Smith is a fine quarterback for this team. Fill the stands with people willing to pay $40 for parking, $12 for a beer, $8 for a sammich and $5 for a soda. This isn't even including the price of a ticket.

Other teams seem to get it; take a chance on a franchise changing player, doesn't work out so the team loses a lot of games and gets another chance. That is the downside to taking a chance, the upside is hitting on a player that will make your franchise relevant for fifteen years.

As a fan, I'm just losing interest in watching the same Chiefs team every year. Build a good defense and special teams with the expectations that they will bail out the offense.

The Chiefs should market themselves as shampoo; lather, rinse and repeat.

ClevelandBronco 01-26-2017 10:09 AM

I was kind of hoping Alex would hit the open market and visit Denver. No shit.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-26-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 12710019)
Two more years of football purgatory. Alex Smith is a fine quarterback for this team. Fill the stands with people willing to pay $40 for parking, $12 for a beer, $8 for a sammich and $5 for a soda. This isn't even including the price of a ticket.

Other teams seem to get it; take a chance on a franchise changing player, doesn't work out so the team loses a lot of games and gets another chance. That is the downside to taking a chance, the upside is hitting on a player that will make your franchise relevant for fifteen years.

As a fan, I'm just losing interest in watching the same Chiefs team every year. Build a good defense and special teams with the expectations that they will bail out the offense.

The Chiefs should market themselves as shampoo; lather, rinse and repeat.

4 straight winning seasons isn't franchise changing after the pioli era?

PAChiefsGuy 01-26-2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 12709907)
eh, he's gotta say that. granted, at best there's like a 5% chance we move on from alex, but... all hope isn't completely lost. hell, we thought we had trent green for a fifth year too and his career pretty much ended b/c of concussions. what did alex have two of this year? all it takes is one. concussions may do it FOR us (though obviously not something I'm hoping for, I'd prefer a clean break without his salary on our books)

Wow bro. Wishing a concussion on our QB because you want an elite one? It's just a game. That's someone's life you are talking about.

I stand by what I've always said, Alex Smith is a good QB. Boring but good. He isn't great but he is fine for now until we find something better. We can win with him. We get a better RB and oline, don't have so many injuries to our dline and we'll be in the SB in no time... We are so close to getting there. Just a little patience and I believe we will be there and possibly win it with Alex Smith as our QB.

We can win with him and that's all that matters. He's not Cassel no matter how hard you QB-obsessed fans want to make him out to be.

bricks 01-26-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12709993)
two concussions in one game will do that to you....

Dude is one hit away from being a drool bucket...

Alex Smith will be the perfect comedy/horror show within two years from now.

May as well go with this guy at QB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkV42m5wVTk

The Franchise 01-26-2017 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12710016)
So increased strength of schedule , run game less efficient, yet Smiths passing efficiency went up and people are saying he regressed? You can make that argument in red zone efficiency compared to 2015 but that falls mostly on Maclin who admitted he was way off his game

If you don't like Dorsey/ Reid then stop watching

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/cho...tfield.0.0.gif

Baby Lee 01-26-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 12709976)
Not that I'm all for Alex, but where does this idea of Foles being a superior QB come from?

Don't you know that the Chiefs are one of the most impressive and formidable squads 2-53 in the history of the sport, but they have the worst QB to ever take a snap.

Doesn't matter though, they will never do ANYTHING [by which we mean, the only thing, multiple SB blowout wins], until they get one of those QBs which put the team on their shoulders and guarantee stress-free victories every week regardless of the scrubs that surround him.

For the life of me I don't know why they don't just shut down the league and bring back the pro-bowl weekend QB skills challenge. Cheaper, more efficient, cuts to the chase. Whomever put the most oblong balls through the flaming hoops is king of the world.

Reerun_KC 01-26-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12710028)

:eek:

Holy Dear Sweet Mary Mother of Jesus...

That is glorious...

philfree 01-26-2017 10:20 AM

Anyone who wants Foles is blinded by their hate for Alex Smith. The guy got lucky and completed a couple of bloopers down field. Big whoop. The guy sucks. Foles will sign a reduced contract or he'll be gone and he should be gone and replaced with a QBOTF. Smith should sign a new team friendly contract that creates a little cap space and is easy to move on from in a couple years as the next QB takes the reins.

On a different note didn't Andy say the same thing about McNabb just before he was traded to a division rival?

Molitoth 01-26-2017 10:21 AM

Get ready for Matt Cassel 2012.

Reerun_KC 01-26-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 12710037)
Anyone who wants Foles is blinded by their hate for Alex Smith. The guy got lucky and completed a couple of bloopers down field. Big whoop. The guy sucks. Foles will sign a reduced contract or he'll be gone and he should be gone and replaced with a QBOTF. Smith should sign a new team friendly contract that creates a little cap space and is easy to move on from in a couple years as the next QB takes the reins.

On a different note didn't Andy say the same thing about McNabb just before he was traded to a division rival?

Says so much about just how pathetic our QB situation has been over the last 2 decades...

Ebolapox 01-26-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12710023)
4 straight winning seasons isn't franchise changing after the pioli era?

nope. we made one step forward: we won a playoff game we were supposed to win. anything short of TWO playoff wins isn't franchise changing, it's SSDD. aka, just good enough to not ever win a super bowl.

that just isn't good enough. where, precisely, is the franchise change there? haven't we been stuck on this cycle of not good enough for a LONG time?!?

Baby Lee 01-26-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12709986)
This isn't the same as Scott Franchise Killer Pioli. Alex Smith is worlds better than Casshole. He isn't going to win games by himself but he isn't the abortion that Casshole was. There is an objective conversation that could be had about whether Smith is the best available option given what's available. Casshole was obviously not.

That being said, the position is not optimal, it appears Smith has regressed and we need to be trying to get better at the position. A good faith effort to find a better QB needs to happen or there are problems.

Chiefs goals

1. Improvement across the squad, skills and health.
2. Serious effort in divining and obtaining a suitable replacement for an aging QB to groom.