ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ballard Interviewing for Colts GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305500)

The Bad Guy 01-25-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12708579)

So much for the bullshit about Ballard getting a raise with the Chiefs.

Elliott Wolf got a raise from the Packers and he's interviewing too.

cabletech94 01-25-2017 07:29 PM

hindsight is 50/50.

saphojunkie 01-25-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12708385)
ADJECTIVE

1.(of a product) offering the best value for the money:

Yes he would offer the best value for your money as a GM.

I maybe thinking of a different word but similar meaning. Hot item of purchase sort of thing.

ad·jec·tive
ˈajəktiv/
noun GRAMMAR

a word or phrase naming an attribute, added to or grammatically related to a noun to modify or describe it.

You modifier-modifying modifier.

Dave Lane 01-25-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 12708442)
A hot astronomy for sure.

Will be a star someday.

Hey that's my line

Chiefshrink 01-25-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12708912)
Gotta get at least 90% of what the Colts have with Luck. Luck isn't Brady and perhaps will never quite live up to his hype, but he's still 2 years away from being the best QB in the AFC and by a fair amount.

The Chiefs will have to close that gap. As has been noted elsewhere, the key is that they have to get a quarterback that's capable of coming back from mistakes made by his teammates because mistakes will absolutely happen.

Winning games by simply not screwing up isn't going to cut it. They need to acknowledge that screwups happen and get someone under center that's capable of overcoming them.

I'm cautiously optimistic that they realize this and changes are going to be made sooner rather than later. Then again, the last time things looked this obvious the answer was Brady Quinn...

With a ya DJ. Totally sold on Luck and had Grigson been a real GM Luck would not have regressed because of a very porous o-line and no running game. Look how Luck never panicked against the Chiefs in the playoffs and actually starting the 2nd half with a pick furthering our lead and yet still lead the comeback. Granted our d sucked balls but......

MahiMike 01-25-2017 07:52 PM

This could work out for us. Ballard goes to Indy and takes DJ and Jamaal for some nice draft picks!

Mr. Laz 01-25-2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 12709100)
Elliott Wolf got a raise from the Packers and he's interviewing too.

You really think the Chiefs would give Ballard a raise WITHOUT Ballard agreeing to stay at least the next year?

Only if Hunt/Dorsey/Reid were idiots.

Any new contract/raise would absolutely include something that kept Ballard in KC for another year.

DJ's left nut 01-26-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12709072)
Luck > Carr... dont blame Luck for the mess that team is in, the guy is a stud in waiting

Carr, it honestly feels like this guy can still become a product of a losing mindset no matter the potential displayed... he isnt a big guy, and if you can smack him around early he is a jittery mess

I want that 6'5 250 or so kid, the one who can stand tall under duress and still get off an accurate throw with bodies piling up... basically its Bray, but go ahead and heap scorn on me now

Yeah, physically Luck is superior to Carr in every way. And from a passing standpoint, he's more aggressive and more accurate downfield.

If you're backing Carr's horse here, it has to be on the basis of intangibles and frankly, I don't see Carr being any sort of cut above Luck in that regard either. Luck's a very smart quarterback and by all accounts a premier leader in the lockerroom.

I see nothing that Carr does better than Luck nor do I see anyplace where he's likely to surpass Luck. Carr had potentially the best OL in football and 2 WRs playing at a premium level. Luck had Hilton and a trash OL because Grigson is hot garbage.

I'd take Luck over Carr 10 times out of 10. Carr's going to be a good player, but more in the Phillip Rivers to Luck's Tom Brady. Rivers was a very good quarterback but still a tick below Brady. Such will be the case with Luck/Carr going forward.

I mean...until Mahomes blows by both of them.

Rausch 01-26-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12709169)
This could work out for us. Ballard goes to Indy and takes DJ and Jamaal for some nice draft picks!

I don't want either one retiring a Colt...:#

Dunerdr 01-26-2017 12:02 PM

Luck>Carr one wears makeup one looks like a super manly caveman

Rausch 01-26-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 12710298)
Luck>Carr one wears makeup one looks like a super manly caveman

Carr called his dislocated pinkie "the greatest pain I've ever felt in my life."

Well, now it's not.

Pussy...

The Franchise 01-26-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12710302)
Carr called his dislocated pinkie "the greatest pain I've ever felt in my life."

Well, now it's not.

Pussy...

I bet that broken leg changed his mind.

DaneMcCloud 01-26-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12709333)
You really think the Chiefs would give Ballard a raise WITHOUT Ballard agreeing to stay at least the next year?

Any new contract/raise would absolutely include something that kept Ballard in KC for another year.

That's not how business, or promotions, work.

Giving Ballard a raise is mutually exclusive from Ballard interviewing for a higher level position in another organization.

Also, if the Chiefs could have blocked him from interviewing but didn't.

Rausch 01-26-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12710306)
That's not how business, or promotions, work.

Giving Ballard a raise is mutually exclusive from Ballard interviewing for a higher level position in another organization.

Also, if the Chiefs could have blocked him from interviewing but didn't.

How exactly do front office contracts work?

Are they in any way similar to player contracts?

I doubt it...

RunKC 01-26-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12709333)

No employer would force an employee to stay with them and not interview for a job they want unless they are morons.