ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***THE OFFICIAL THREAD OF CHIEFS PLAYOFF FAILURE RAGE*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305252)

scho63 01-15-2017 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I dished out POS REP to everyone so far.......

InChiefsHeaven 01-15-2017 11:06 PM

Aaaand, another year of keeping my username. When I picked it back in the day, I figured maybe, just maybe it would be changed within say a decade...I don't know what the **** I was thinking.

This game had it all. Some great plays, and some shitty ones. Good Alex and Bad Alex. Good Kelce and ****ing stupid ass Kelce. Shitty calls by the refs. And of course, the usual kick in the nuts loss after we held Pitt to NO TD'S and scored two ourselves. I mean, every goddam year it's something. I'm sure other teams have these issues, but I've been watching these bastards for over 4 decades and for what? Either getting embarassed during the season or getting my heart ripped out in the playoffs.

Seriously, it's always SOMETHING. Offense sucks, or no defense, or lucking into the playoffs, or weak schedule and get exposed...every goddam year it's something. But the only thing it's NOT is a Superbowl. Now I get to go to work and hear all about it from the douche bag anti Chief fans who have confidently told me all year long that the Chiefs were going to Chief it up at the end. And I always believe that THIS time it'll be different. ****in' Chiefs are Lucy and we're all Charlie Brown.

Meh. I'm pissed, but I'm getting too old to let it bother me too much anymore. It is what it is. Now the Pats or Steelers will represent the AFC AGAIN...just sick of it all.

Bleh. Go Chiefs. You ****ers...

Chief Northman 01-15-2017 11:07 PM

I'm numb.

Going to be a long offseason. I don't think the arrow is pointing up. Our vaunted pass rush was invisible and the run defense was poor all season. We draft too low to get a blue-chip marquee player especially if we are considering the quarterback position. Ageing vets have seen better days. Hali is done, DJ may not be back next season and Houston has been hurt too often. Charles' is done, and there is uncertainty around the Berry and Poe contracts.

Getting disappointed so often at this time of year has worn thin and I don't think I will invest as much time in this team as I have been. It is obvious that certain markets get all the attention and favouritism. Nothing was said about the Chiefs leading up to this game and that scared me. They had a good enough roster to beat anybody this year but chose an awful time to have one of their worst performances of the season. Championship teams don't do that. You only get so many opportunities.

mr. tegu 01-15-2017 11:07 PM

Why did we let them have all day to throw on the last play?!

jimidollar 01-15-2017 11:07 PM

Not very upset. The team with the bigger stars won. It's what usually happens. Our stars didn't play well enough. New England would have ended our season next week. The only people who should be upset are the ones who pissed away their money at the stadium.

Why Not? 01-15-2017 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12689408)
Gotta question the home field advantage thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a myth. Like our pass rush

B2chiefsfan 01-15-2017 11:08 PM

Got it out of my system two years ago... I'm good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Lane 01-15-2017 11:09 PM

Alex Smith, Eric Fisher appreciation thread.

Rausch 01-15-2017 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimidollar (Post 12689464)
Not very upset. The team with the bigger stars won. It's what usually happens. Our stars didn't play well enough. New England would have ended our season next week. The only people who should be upset are the ones who pissed away their money at the stadium.

We had more star players than Pitt.

We were more talented as a team than Pitt.

We won more games than Pitt.

We were at home.

We were better rested than Pitt.

We should have won this game...

Why Not? 01-15-2017 11:12 PM

Yeah, I was pretty much immediately over it once the game ended. It's fun to pretend but come on, did anyone really think a team coached by Andy Reid and Bob Sutton, quarterbacked by Alex Smith and featuring a supporting cast of players who have never done anything particularly meaningful in the postseason was going to do much in the way of being a legit championship contender?

InChiefsHeaven 01-15-2017 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12689504)
We had more star players than Pitt.

We were more talented as a team than Pitt.

We won more games than Pitt.

We were at home.

We were better rested than Pitt.

We should have won this game...

All true. I mean, take away Bell and the Steelers didn't have shit on us tonight. Just friggin' stupid...

stumppy 01-15-2017 11:16 PM

This team had no business in this game. We've seen them play like this off and on all year. Maybe not all three sides ,Off, Def, and ST's, at the same time. But we've all seen them play like the bag of shit they were tonight. About every one of the games they won this season could have went the other way if not for a lucky break here or a couple good drives there. Or a timely interception.
I don't think there was one game this year where I went into it thinking 'we got this, no way we'll lose this one'. Sure, when the offense gets into a rhythm they are damn good. Unfortunately that rhythm never lasts longer than a drive or two...tops. The defense would come up with timely int's or fumbles but a team can't live off of that. You can't count on it for the win. Same with special teams, they had their moments, and it helped but once again you can't depend on that.
That is not what makes a championship team.

NWTF 01-15-2017 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 12689396)
Didn't expect to win it, really. Regret we didn't open up the offense this season like in the last drive.

Andy out of his shell could have been a contender.

I thought wed beat Pitt, wouldnt be confident about beating New England on the road, but thats neither here nor there. Your the 2 seed. You need to win that first game at home, after a bye. Being one and done as one of the top seeds is laying an egg.

Of all the games in this years playoffs Chiefs and Cowboys are the only two home teams that couldnt get the job done.

ping2000 01-15-2017 11:19 PM

Not mad anymore. Just ****ing sad. Same old shit.

stumppy 01-15-2017 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 12689574)
All true. I mean, take away Bell and the Steelers didn't have shit on us tonight. Just friggin' stupid...

True, but maybe that's because they didn't have to have anything else. Pretty sure if Bell wasn't running all over us then Brown would have been putting up some huge numbers, and if not him then one of their other players.