ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics iPhone 7. No headphone jack. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302024)

BlackHelicopters 09-08-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12411180)
Wireless charging- that's what we really need.

Switch to Samsung Galaxy S7

Deberg_1990 09-08-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12411246)
3-4 hrs? What the hell? Mine last 13+ hours on a full charge.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice, what kind do you have? link?

siberian khatru 09-08-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12411258)
I don't give a damn either way, but how is it more water resistant if it still has a charging jack? One hole vs two holes, the boat may fill up slower, but it's still going to get wet inside.

TWSS

Mr. Laz 09-08-2016 03:55 PM

Doesn't it make the earbuds heavier. Going to be annoying for many.

How often are people going to lose them?

added battery drain because of wireless

eDave 09-08-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12411377)
Doesn't it make the earbuds heavier. Going to be annoying for many.

How often are people going to lose them?

added battery drain because of wireless

My thought exactly. Apple headphones don't plug into my ears very well anyway. Add the weight of a battery hanging off each would just pull them out of my ears.

And they are really cutting into their Beats business. Those will all need to go wireless.

patteeu 09-08-2016 05:00 PM

I think it's a great vision and it will probably end up working out ok, but for me, battery life and losing pricey earbuds are big concerns.

jjjayb 09-08-2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 12409920)
Meh. The adapter dingus is small, can just live on the end of my headphones, and is free with the phone. seems like a reasonable compromise for the thing to be waterproof.

We'll see long term though. We are talking about what's perhaps the single most universal electrical interface in the world. Even power plugs vary by region.

Except there are plenty of waterproof phones with headphone jacks.

Silock 09-09-2016 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjayb (Post 12411998)
Except there are plenty of waterproof phones with headphone jacks.

It's not just about the water resistance.

"When the headphone jack was removed, Apple realized it was easier to install the new Taptic Engine for the pressure-sensitive Home button, implement a bigger battery, and reach an IP7 water resistance rating, so the elimination of the headphone jack became essential for all of the other features in the iPhone 7. "

DaFace 09-09-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 12413239)
It's not just about the water resistance.

"When the headphone jack was removed, Apple realized it was easier to install the new Taptic Engine for the pressure-sensitive Home button, implement a bigger battery, and reach an IP7 water resistance rating, so the elimination of the headphone jack became essential for all of the other features in the iPhone 7. "

This is a general criticism about the industry rather than Apple specifically, but...

If they wanted a bigger battery, why not just let the phone be a little thicker? It's so thin that the camera has to stick out from the back (again, other phones have the same issue). Battery is my #1 biggest complaint about smartphones, and I'd LOVE for someone to just make a phone that is a tiny bit thicker but has solid battery life.

I can't speak to the impact of a pressure-sensitive button I guess. Seems like it's not so big of a feature that it would trump "compatible with the most ubiquitous plug in existence," but I guess time will tell how useful it is.

Beef Supreme 09-09-2016 11:30 AM

iPhone 7 new advertising slogan translates to "This is penis" in Cantonese.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...vertising.html

Just Passin' By 09-09-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12413773)
iPhone 7 new advertising slogan translates to "This is penis" in Cantonese.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...vertising.html

Upcoming story...

"iPhone expected to be #1 sales item among Chinese women"

Chief Pagan 09-09-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12413427)
This is a general criticism about the industry rather than Apple specifically, but...

If they wanted a bigger battery, why not just let the phone be a little thicker? It's so thin that the camera has to stick out from the back (again, other phones have the same issue). Battery is my #1 biggest complaint about smartphones, and I'd LOVE for someone to just make a phone that is a tiny bit thicker but has solid battery life.

This one drives me crazy too. I don't really need my phone to be 10 times thinner than my wallet.

RustShack 09-09-2016 10:33 PM

Doesn't bother me at all, and I use headphones everyday. I've never charged it and used the Jack at the same time, but I'm sure there will quickly be a small splinter adapter for the people who for whatever reason need to do that.

I remember the outrage of switching to the Lightning adapter... Seems fine now.

Miles 09-10-2016 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12414564)
Doesn't bother me at all, and I use headphones everyday. I've never charged it and used the Jack at the same time, but I'm sure there will quickly be a small splinter adapter for the people who for whatever reason need to do that.

I remember the outrage of switching to the Lightning adapter... Seems fine now.

I'm the same for typical daily use and will still be getting a 7 though less excited by the upgrade than usual. Due to a good plan through work I have had every iteration since the 4 other than the 5. The battery life on the 6S plus has gotten good enough I never have to charge during the day unless I'm traveling. Travel is where I see the problem and don't like the idea of having to deal with extra adapters.

Silock 09-10-2016 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12413427)

I can't speak to the impact of a pressure-sensitive button I guess. Seems like it's not so big of a feature that it would trump "compatible with the most ubiquitous plug in existence," but I guess time will tell how useful it is.

Yeah, I don't get it, either. I would prefer a thicker phone with a smaller screen, TBH.