ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football PreSeason Power Rankings - NFL dot com (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301399)

BlackOp 08-10-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12360715)
For whatever reason, we were just a bad matchup for Mainning.

Fixed...

NFL wants Luck in a SB badly...but that defense might be bad enough that no amount of "officiating" will help them.

ThaVirus 08-10-2016 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12360774)
Fixed...

NFL wants Luck in a SB badly...but that defense might be bad enough that no amount of "officiating" will help them.

Our offense seems to do pretty well against their defense as well.

Jamaal had a field day against them at Arrowhead last year and West had a good day in Denver.

We score more points on them than most teams.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2016 10:50 AM

27 PPG Virus

BlackOp 08-10-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12360786)
Our offense seems to do pretty well against their defense as well.

Jamaal had a field day against them at Arrowhead last year and West had a good day in Denver.

We score more points on them than most teams.

I was speaking in context of the past few seasons...Manning was responsible for Denver owning the division. It was him and him alone...when he started to show cracks, KC beat them up.

That's over now...teams have had an entire off-season to analyze how Wade's scheme was being implemented with Fox's personnel.

Rain Man 08-10-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12360774)
Fixed...

Well, that's a good point. I forgot about Luck after last season. Hopefully the NFL did, too.

jjchieffan 08-10-2016 11:09 AM

I decided to check out a few other power rankings. I only found current ones for bleacher report and yahoo sports. They both had KC ranked exactly the same as NFL.com at number 9. They did a little more realistic ranking for the Donks though. Yahoo had them at 8 and Bleacher report said 7. Given their defense, and their fixed Superfarce win, I can see a high ranking, but I just don't see how they rank higher than KC. Our defense, with Houston is just as good, maybe a shade better. Without him, it's still close. Our offense is better all around. Better QB, better line, better RB's, Better TE's, and without Manning feeding them the ball, I don't see the wide receivers being a lot better either. But power rankings mean nothing. The Chiefs will just prove it on the field.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2016 11:13 AM

Even knowno knows that ranking is a farce

jjchieffan 08-10-2016 11:18 AM

LOL. I doubt that. I'm surprised that he isn't in here complaining that they should be number 1.

MMXcalibur 08-10-2016 11:19 AM

Broncos at #4? For **** sakes....

(and yes, I know...."preseason" "power rankings".)

vailpass 08-10-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12360838)
I decided to check out a few other power rankings. I only found current ones for bleacher report and yahoo sports. They both had KC ranked exactly the same as NFL.com at number 9. They did a little more realistic ranking for the Donks though. Yahoo had them at 8 and Bleacher report said 7. Given their defense, and their fixed Superfarce win, I can see a high ranking, but I just don't see how they rank higher than KC. Our defense, with Houston is just as good, maybe a shade better. Without him, it's still close. Our offense is better all around. Better QB, better line, better RB's, Better TE's, and without Manning feeding them the ball, I don't see the wide receivers being a lot better either. But power rankings mean nothing. The Chiefs will just prove it on the field.

Hah. No.

BlackOp 08-10-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 12360857)
Broncos at #4? For **** sakes....

(and yes, I know...."preseason" "power rankings".)

Nobody that saw a Sanchez led team @#4 took that list serious. It's just preseason clickbait...

threebag 08-10-2016 11:39 AM

Seems to be clickbait that would cripple credibility.

Gonzo 08-10-2016 11:40 AM

Meh, I'd go as follows:

1. Panthers
2. Cards
3. Pats, (with Brady)
4. Packers
5. Hawks
6. Steelers (but that's suspect)
7. Chiefs
8. Vikes
9. Raiders (Suspect as well)
10. Bengals (prepare for self destruction)
11. Donks
12. Texans
13. Bills
14. Skins
15. Jags (playoff year for them?)
16. Colts (meh)
17. Jets
18. Giants
19. Bucs
20. Ravens
21. Phins
22. Cowboys
23. Falcons
24. Chargers (Never count Rivers out)
25. Eagles
26. Rams
27. Saints (what happened?)
28. Bears
29. Lions
30. Titans
31. Browns (they may surprise)
32. 49ers

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2016 11:41 AM

Way too many losses on defense and even though he struggled the little things Manning brings to an offense, team are dead and gone. That offense looks like a disaster at camp. They are in for a rude awakening.

jjchieffan 08-10-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12360870)
Hah. No.

How can you even argue that the KC defense is not just as good as Denver? KC and Denver were the top 2 defenses last year and our only real loss was Sean Smith, but I'm confident in our young CB's to step up. As for the wide receivers, Thomas and Sanders are good receivers, but they have Buttfumble feeding them the ball instead of Manning this year. If you don't see their production dropping drastically, then you are in denial.