ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dee Ford breakdown (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301173)

staylor26 08-01-2016 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 12346763)
Maybe so. I will admit I didn't notice it as much then. I guess some of it is you are just trying to get in on the ground floor so you can claim that you were right about them. A specific example I remember is you saying that one of the reasons the Chiefs struggled to start last year was not having Sean Smith, which I agreed with. Now without him, you still don't feel there is a difference with Gaines coming back, the very man that was there to start the season. As for that point, I like Gaines future, but short-term I think KC will struggle to replace SS. But you can't have it both ways.

Flemming vs. Gaines/Nelson

If we were starting Flemming, I would agree. I was more concerned with Smith's suspension at this time last year than I am losing Smith for good this year for that very reason.

I like Nelson and Gaines. Shit, Russelll too. Flemming might turn out to be a decent safety, but he was a scary sight at corner.

For the record, I've said that I don't necessarily expect the defense to be great early on. However, I believe the offense will hit the ground running and pick up the slack early on.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2016 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12346223)
I don't overrate the Chiefs or any of our players.

I've never seen you say a bad thing about any Chief.

It's OK to be a homer, you should just embrace it.

NJChiefsFan 08-01-2016 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12346773)
Flemming vs. Gaines

If we were starting Flemming, I would agree. I was more concerned with Smith's suspension at this time last year for the same reason.

I like Nelson and Gaines. Shit, Russelll too. Flemming might turn out to be a decent safety, but he was a scary sight at corner.

I wish Gaines had not lost all those games of experience last year. I like our potential of getting at least one solid CB from Gaines and Russell. If we get 2, or even three out of that group, great. I just worry about them being ready right away. The Jets game week 3 will be a good test.

DaneMcCloud 08-01-2016 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12346778)

And you pimped Brodie Croyle

jspchief 08-01-2016 08:46 PM

Quote:

One thing to be a homer. Something else to be a homer that is a raging asshole to anyone that doesnt share your opinion.

staylor26 08-01-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Are you kidding me?

Stephenson, Mauga, Dunta, Flemming, Lewis, McGlynn, Grubbs, Avery, Bowe (towards the end), Wilson (at times last year, but I'm giving him one more chance), James Michael Johnson, Cooper just to name some recent ones.

I just don't jump to conclusions of young guys that have flashed/have untapped potential, because I'm not an idiot and I have patience and understand the process.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2016 08:51 PM

enjoy the spirited debate friend

out of curiosity, how old are you and what regions of the world have you lived in?

ThaVirus 08-01-2016 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 12346196)
Every guy is going to reach his potential in your mind and everything is going to go wrong for our rivals.

This is pretty accurate

jspchief 08-01-2016 10:33 PM

Spent all offseason insulting anyone who suggested Houston wouldnt be healthy in week one.

staylor26 08-01-2016 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 12346917)
Spent all offseason insulting anyone who suggested Houston wouldnt be healthy in week one.

No, I spent all offseason telling people it was ridiculous to think most/all of his season was in jeapordy. I said from the beginning he would return after the bye week at worst. I never guaranteed a week 1 return.

Do you ****ing morons get anything right?

Lzen 08-02-2016 08:25 AM

That was pretty good. It really shows how Ford needs to improve on his technique a bit and why his bend limits him some. Didn't I read on here that Ford had a pretty high rate of pressures in his starts last year? That would probably explain why he got all those pressures but not enough sacks. It's obvious that he came out of college gifted with a lot of speed off the edge but obviously needed a lot of work on technique. And he is showing improvement, which is a very good thing. While I don't know that he will ever become a great player, I'm optimistic that he will be a decent player at that position. It would also have been nice to see them breakdown his run defense to see if there has been much improvement there.

O.city 08-02-2016 08:28 AM

Those 2 or 3 stutter steps he has to use to keep his balance to round the corner instead of leaning into the tackle and cutting the corner are the difference in a pressure and a sack.

It's always the small things but it seems that's what he needs to improve the most on. I'm really not sure how you improve on that though. Upper body strength? Flexibility?

RippedmyFlesh 08-02-2016 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12346788)

I was excited when we drafted him. I wanted to believe.

OctoberFart 08-02-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 12347180)
That was pretty good. It really shows how Ford needs to improve on his technique a bit and why his bend limits him some. Didn't I read on here that Ford had a pretty high rate of pressures in his starts last year? That would probably explain why he got all those pressures but not enough sacks. It's obvious that he came out of college gifted with a lot of speed off the edge but obviously needed a lot of work on technique. And he is showing improvement, which is a very good thing. While I don't know that he will ever become a great player, I'm optimistic that he will be a decent player at that position. It would also have been nice to see them breakdown his run defense to see if there has been much improvement there.

He had a lot of pressures if you select the stats correctly.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-02-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12346788)

Skin that smoke wagon! Don't forget he was all over Cassels nuts and even shopped him on the front of a cereal box.