ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith: Chiefs' offensive strategy will look much different this year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300060)

Mr. Laz 05-26-2016 08:49 AM

So different from the productive post-charles injury offense?

or

Different from the 30 passes at or behind the LoS type offense?

Discuss Thrower 05-26-2016 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12246836)
Doubt it.

Yyeeeee-up. Same predictable play-not-to-lose gameplan with terrible clock management sprinkled judiciously.

DaneMcCloud 05-26-2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12246693)
Childress , I would assume, will play a more active role in it too...I dont think anyone really took Pederson seriously as a true OC. He seemed more of a rah rah, glorified Reid assistant to me. Andy has always been a big nepotism guy...

And Pederson has zero control as a head coach as well, which has been documented the past few days as Jim Schwartz and QB coach Frank Reich have both contradicted Pederson's statement that Sam Bradford is the Eagles undisputed #1 starter.

I am so happy that bozo is gone.

DaneMcCloud 05-26-2016 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 12246710)
Feel free to post your own stuff.

I do, almost every day. I link to The Star or the Chiefs website, not some crappy 3rd party site that makes their own opinions and assumptions based on articles written by someone else.

It's not journalism, it's garbage.

keg in kc 05-26-2016 10:46 AM

Quote:

The Chiefs found out last year that they have a lot of talent at running back after Jamaal Charles went down. It makes me wonder if the offense will change in a way to highlight that strength at running back.
Now would be a perfect time for a new "lol arrowhead pride" emoticon.

DaneMcCloud 05-26-2016 10:48 AM

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...e79924462.html

Chiefs counting on continuity to improve offensive output

Tuesday’s practice, which marked the first of 10 voluntary practices the Chiefs will hold over the next month, was the first time the Chiefs have gone 11-on-11 since their 27-20 loss to the New England Patriots in the AFC divisional round. But for quarterback Alex Smith, the best indicator of hope for an improved offense in 2016 did not hit him this week. Instead, he realized it way back on April 18, which marked the start of the team’s offseason workout program. “It kind of hit me day one of Phase I when we came out here and QBs and receivers and tight ends and running backs were throwing, and there were only a couple of new faces,” said Smith, a 12-year veteran. “Definitely a rarity.”

The NFL, by nature, is rife with turnover. That is especially true at the bottom of the roster, where players are viewed as inexpensive and replaceable. Yet the Chiefs remain largely intact from last year, especially at the skill positions, as their top eight rushers and top seven receivers return. “It was nice from day one,” Smith said. “We weren’t really having to reteach anything, guys knew it.”

Granted, there are some new faces who might be expected to contribute, especially at receiver. Veteran free agents like Rod Streater and Mike Williams could make an impact, in addition to rookies like Demarcus Robinson (a fourth-rounder) and Tyreek Hill (a fifth-rounder). Meanwhile, coveted free-agent right tackle Mitchell Schwartz is being counted on to help solidify an offensive line that surrendered 46 sacks, tied for sixth-most in the league.

Add it all together, and players say there’s a belief the Chiefs — who finished 27th in total offense and ninth in points scored a year ago — have the pieces in place to take the next step. “I think we have basically gotten to the point where we know what we are, we know what we’re capable of, and the things that we’re doing now, on the offensive side of the ball, is what we’re good at,” receiver Jeremy Maclin said.

That may sound simple, but Maclin said it’s not always a given. “Sometimes, people try to do things they want to do, but they’re not necessarily good at doing,” Maclin said. “But as long as you stick to your strengths and put guys in position to be successful, I think we’re going to be in pretty good shape. Like I always said, Alex is a guy who can do everything. You’ve got (tight end Travis) Kelce. You’ve got myself. A busload of running backs who can all run the football. So I’m excited about it, for sure.”

A big key to making it all work, of course, will be the 32-year-old Smith, who is coming off a career year in which he assumed more control of the offense, earned respect around the league and emerged as a timely playmaker, both with his arm and his legs. Chiefs coach Andy Reid said the staff will continue to challenge Smith as he pushes to find his ceiling as a leader and quarterback. “Yeah, he’s so smart, we’re lucky to have him,” Reid said. “He’s always wanting more and to be challenged more. We give it to him within realm, we give it to him. He just gobbles that kind of stuff up. He’s not getting any younger, I know that, but he’s loving every minute of it, which is kind of fun to be around.”

Smith’s positive, upbeat attitude on Tuesday reflected that. After the practice, he happily noted that there were fewer mistakes compared to last year, and he seemed genuinely optimistic about the status of the offense. “I know today we stuck on a little tape from last year’s first OTA just to kind of take a peek,” Smith said. “Very, very different the install that went in today, very different than last year’s install.

"It was a clean day, way cleaner today than last year’s.”

DaneMcCloud 05-26-2016 10:50 AM

**** Arrowhead Pride for distorting Smith's words and leaving out the key component.

"It was a clean day, way cleaner today than last year’s” and Chiefs counting on continuity to improve offensive output

Hydrae 05-26-2016 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12246882)
So different from the productive post-charles injury offense?

or

Different from the 30 passes at or behind the LoS type offense?

Different than what they installed at the beginning of OTAs a year ago. :shrug:

Bowser 05-26-2016 10:53 AM

MOAR HALFBACK PASSES

Bowser 05-26-2016 10:54 AM

Reid's first love is throwing the ball, and with Childress having an increased role I think we'll see more of that. Question is, will it be more screens/down the line passes, or are we actually going to attack down the field (I didn't say 20+ yards down the field, so reel in your Hate Alex Boner)?

TigeRRUppeRRcut 05-26-2016 10:55 AM

Those opinion websites that advertises themselves as news is full of garbage. Even ESPN's grading of our season was a bunch of crap, grading us as a 'c+' without even mentioning the addition of Mitchell schwartz

TigeRRUppeRRcut 05-26-2016 10:57 AM

Smith is too classy to give us his real take on summer camp two years ago when Bowe was our #1. I would pay good money to hear his opinions then

RunKC 05-26-2016 10:59 AM

Hopefully Childress establishes a new rule that we should run the ball on 3rd and 1 99% of the time...or that we should run the ball at least one time when we have 1st and 10 at an opponents 38 ****ing yard line.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-26-2016 12:10 PM

"Continuity" of watching concrete attempt to roll uphill...

HemiEd 05-26-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12246456)
I hate Arrowhead Pride.

Stop quoting their shit and go directly to the source, please.

This whole board must be really boring to you with all the Hollywood entertainment right out of your front door. For the life of me I can't understand why you are here.