ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Should NFL Players get Paid More? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299683)

Rain Man 05-03-2016 12:09 PM

If the football salaries are lower due to larger roster sizes, maybe the players should argue for decreasing the roster size. I for one would enjoy watching a 15-man NFL roster with 60-minute players.

Sandy Vagina 05-03-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 12213782)
no. teachers should get paid more.

I will be lucky if I can hear in 10 years, if the stress does not kill me.

Agreed. Teachers and Law Enforcement.

It's already ridiculous that football players get paid what they do. The people that educate kids and keep civilians safe are getting shafted.

mikeyis4dcats. 05-03-2016 12:16 PM

NBA salaries are the worst. I saw some guy making 70mil the other day I've never ever heard of

Rain Man 05-03-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12213857)
Agreed. Teachers and Law Enforcement.

It's already ridiculous that football players get paid what they do. The people that educate kids and keep civilians safe are getting shafted.

They get all the publicity, but I think the people doing market research and strategy should be paid more. They make the world a better place by optimizing all sorts of things, and no one pays any attention to them at all.

Sandy Vagina 05-03-2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12213863)
They get all the publicity, but I think the people doing market research and strategy should be paid more. They make the world a better place by optimizing all sorts of things, and no one pays any attention to them at all.

shit, you got that part right, for sure..

Toby Waller 05-03-2016 12:22 PM

They are already paid too much to run around and catch balls.
They are basically paid to work out.

Shaid 05-03-2016 12:22 PM

Revenue for 160+ games is a whole lot more than revenue from 16 games. It's more dangerous but if that was an issue, you could have played another sport.

Toby Waller 05-03-2016 12:34 PM

Should teachers be paid more?
I'm not so sure. All they do is teach children how to be institutionalized.

I saw this 20 year old on Periscope the other day and he made an interesting point.

He asked to go to the bathroom...I'm not sure what grade he was in?...6th/7/8/9?...teacher wouldn't allow it. So he gets the trash can in class and urinated right there in it.
The next thing you know he's being prescribed Ned's and forced to go to counseling because he's an independent thinker who didn't follow an unnecessary rule.
There may be good teachers but only the ones who teach outside the system

eDave 05-03-2016 12:40 PM

Hard to take this guy seriously when so many haven't seen a raise in years and compensation is going down.

Elitist prick.

eDave 05-03-2016 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby Waller (Post 12213894)
Should teachers be paid more?
I'm not so sure. All they do is teach children how to be institutionalized.

I saw this 20 year old on Periscope the other day and he made an interesting point.

He asked to go to the bathroom...I'm not sure what grade he was in?...6th/7/8/9?...teacher wouldn't allow it. So he gets the trash can in class and urinated right there in it.
The next thing you know he's being prescribed Ned's and forced to go to counseling because he's an independent thinker who didn't follow an unnecessary rule.
There may be good teachers but only the ones who teach outside the system

He's all yours displacedinMN. :)

Amnorix 05-03-2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12213840)
Hitting a baseball and pitching takes more skill than football. Playing basketball is more athletic and more skills than football. Football is more dangerous, but for the most part it doesn't take the skill as baseball and basketball.

:rolleyes:

Toby Waller 05-03-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12213907)
He's all yours displacedinMN. :)

Let me guess. He's a teacher and he'll have a hisdy fit about an opinion. I have plenty of teacher friends I know are good.
I also have teacher friends who are so dumb the talk to adults the wah they talk to the 6th graders they teach

Mr. Laz 05-03-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12213817)
They get paid more under the table like Brady anyway. Cap circumventing cheating eastwards.

You know they are

Pats will do anything they can to push the rules, they love pissing the league off. They flaunt their cheating and dare the league to get enough concrete evidence to prove it.

Is there any wonder why the league wants to hammer that organization.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-03-2016 01:25 PM

Smelly every one should be paid more....except entertainers and "athletes who are also actors"

Rain Man 05-03-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12213978)
You know they are

Pats will do anything they can to push the rules, they love pissing the league off. The flaunt their cheating and dare the league to get enough concrete evidence to prove it.

Is there any wonder why the league wants to hammer that organization.

I haven't come up with a way to stop it, either. You could make the contracts more simple and transparent, but that would only address cheating within the system, not the stuff that happens outside it.

You could enact rules to keep teams from "hiring" former players to front-office positions after their playing days, but that doesn't seem quite fair since a lot of those guys are legitimately working.

Even if you had the league handle payrolls, you still couldn't stop the scenarios where Pat Bowlen gives Elway a suitcase of cash to pay for league minimum.

It's a huge problem, and it's why we see so few teams in AFC side of the Super Bowl over the past few decades. Cheating confers an advantage.