ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid announces starting Oline for 1st preseason game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293873)

Saccopoo 08-12-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11655368)
Not at the price tag he got.

But I was expressing some amusement to your post, since you were saying all offseason that Stepehenson was going to be the man when I expressed concerns.

Most of my heated exchanges were with SNR, but you chimed in.

And I will say this again.

SNR is a ****ing moron.

I was hoping that Stephenson was going to have it together for this season. He's got every physical tool you could possibly want from an offensive lineman, except the functional strength, which he obviously (now) bolstered in 2013 with PED's as he looked like a legit NFL OT, but then got the hammer applied after a failed drug test.

It's a fine line that separates college guys and NFL guys, even great college guys. It's not necessarily a (physical) numbers game either. Drive, ferocity at the snap/whistle, etc.

Like I said, I hoped that the freakish athletic ability possessed by Don would have helped him build that functional strength needed to play in the trenches at this level.

Perhaps, as another said, this is meant to light a fire under Kush and Stephenson, but I sincerely doubt it at this point. They need these guys to gel quickly and the only way that's happening is getting them reps. Four straight days of practice and now the PSG lineup...unless Stephenson or Kush has an epiphany, it appears that this is how we'll head into the 2015 season.

bricks 08-12-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11655331)
That whole right side will be complete shit. If this is an upgrade over last year it's not by much.

How do you know?

What if they improve? Oh wait **** that sh*t. There is no room for that.

Rausch 08-12-2015 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 11655399)
How do you know?

What if they improve? Oh wait **** that sh*t. There is no room for that.

Fulton had some outstanding moments run blocking and I'd love to keep him 2 deep for years to see what he might become.

I absolutely do not want him starting.

We seeing the difference here?...

DJ's left nut 08-12-2015 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11655368)
SNR is a ****ing moron.

Some day I will figure out if you two actively dislike each other or not.

At this point I kinda feel like it's similar to several years ago when Keitzman and Jack Harry would 'go at it' on the radio.

Is this just a ratings drive from you two? Because it would seem strange that two people who largely agree 90% of the time now hate each other because of a disagreement over Zach Fulton.

Titty Meat 08-12-2015 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11655392)
Are you ever right about anything? Fulton is only going to get better and Allen was playing well before he got hurt. Morse is the unknown but that is a hell of an impression if he has supplanted kush before the first preseason game.

That's a hilarious statement coming from you. The line got better when Allen didn't play in 13' and he played 3 quarters in 14 the line wasn't good that game. If he's so good why doesn't he have a position locked down?

From the reports Morse can't even snap the ball and ROFL Fulton was shit last year. You're right he can only get better!

Titty Meat 08-12-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11655406)
Fulton had some outstanding moments run blocking and I'd love to keep him 2 deep for years to see what he might become.

I absolutely do not want him starting.

We seeing the difference here?...

Agreed he's good depth but not a starter.

DJ's left nut 08-12-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11655374)
Does Stephenson even make the roster?

If he does not, I believe I was the first to suggest it.

I think the dude's gonna get cut and we'll hit the camp cuts for a swing tackle. He's just doing nothing to keep a job on this team.

Really, we should probably just sign Anthony Collins and call it a day at this point.

Hammock Parties 08-12-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11655397)
Your over reaction to preseason games always are "fun"

Certainly didn't overreact last year.

Shitty line was shitty.

The Franchise 08-12-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11655409)
That's a hilarious statement coming from you. The line got better when Allen didn't play in 13' and he played 3 quarters in 14 the line wasn't good that game. If he's so good why doesn't he have a position locked down?

From the reports Morse can't even snap the ball and ROFL Fulton was shit last year. You're right he can only get better!

What reports?

Titty Meat 08-12-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11655415)
What reports?

KC star

Mav 08-12-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11655409)

Nothing I ever say will top your thread demanding everyone apologize to clay. And exactly what football points have I made that are completely wrong. This should be good.

DJ's left nut 08-12-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11655415)
What reports?

He's gone full Clay. Let him and Discuss Thrower hang themselves with their shoelaces so they can catch a ride on the magic saucer hiding behind the moon.

You'll feel less dirty this way.

RealSNR 08-12-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11655407)
Some day I will figure out if you two actively dislike each other or not.

At this point I kinda feel like it's similar to several years ago when Keitzman and Jack Harry would 'go at it' on the radio.

Is this just a ratings drive from you two? Because it would seem strange that two people who largely agree 90% of the time now hate each other because of a disagreement over Zach Fulton.

I buried that argument long ago, and milkman still enjoys taking random potshots at me, even though it was largely a stalemate.

I think he's just looking for something to do until the Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune hour comes up.

Mav 08-12-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11655414)
Certainly didn't overreact last year.

Shitty line was shitty.

That's not exactly ground breaking.

aturnis 08-12-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11655293)
Apparently Stephenson can't play without the juice.

:(

That's alright. Allen has lied good in blocking drills, and is consistent in picking up pressure/stunts.