ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Westport is trying to kill itself (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293430)

Pablo 07-16-2015 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 11602215)
I know lots of people have been pissed that Dr. Dude pinball has been out of order.

When they took the football toss game out of the top of Harpo's I knew it was all downhill from there.

If you want an adventure, just wear flip flops and use the bathroom at Harpo's.

Saul Good 07-16-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11602148)
of course it will cut done on violence

people won't just wander around they will have to pay to get in, that cuts down on the number of people and leads to less potential violence. Unless you have money to spend you aren't going down there.

open container on the street might increase the potential violence though LMAO

You're much more likey to see fights in packed bars than outside where there is room to manuever.

Discuss Thrower 07-16-2015 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11602219)
If you want an adventure, just wear flip flops and use the bathroom at Harpo's.

Place is a ****ing sauna of piss down there.

Pablo 07-16-2015 01:26 PM

KC could learn a thing or two about bar fighting from their friends to the north in St. Joe.

Seriously, in like five years of living down here I've seen as many bar fights as you would in one weekend after MMA fights at Civic Arena in St. Joe. Step you bar fight game up, KC.

Did see a Mexican dude get stabbed in the gut outside of The Point a few summers back, so that was exciting, but really KC registers pretty low on the Roadhouse Scale.

Discuss Thrower 07-16-2015 01:29 PM

Stabbings are becoming an occurrence in downtown Springfield.

WhawhaWhat 07-16-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 11602215)
I know lots of people have been pissed that Dr. Dude pinball has been out of order.

The Metallica pinball machine they have upstairs is awesome.

CoMoChief 07-16-2015 01:36 PM

Reason #35,694 to not go to Westport for nightlife.

Eleazar 07-16-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11602236)
KC could learn a thing or two about bar fighting from their friends to the north in St. Joe.

Seriously, in like five years of living down here I've seen as many bar fights as you would in one weekend after MMA fights at Civic Arena in St. Joe. Step you bar fight game up, KC.

Did see a Mexican dude get stabbed in the gut outside of The Point a few summers back, so that was exciting, but really KC registers pretty low on the Roadhouse Scale.

What was that place next door to buzzard beach? The last time I spent much time in Westport (ten years ago or so) the fight game was always strong there.

Eureka 07-16-2015 01:43 PM

HOW NICE

KCUnited 07-16-2015 01:46 PM

Have a Nice Day Cafe

sedated 07-16-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11602209)
What's the cause for the recent spike in violence?

Summer.

We hear of violence at Westport and the Plaza, are there a lot of issues at P&L? I rarely go there so don't know, but you don't hear stories coming out like in the other places.

I'll just stick to Martini Corner and West 39th.

KCUnited 07-16-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 11602262)
Summer.

We hear of violence at Westport and the Plaza, are there a lot of issues at P&L? I rarely go there so don't know, but you don't hear stories coming out like in the other places.

I'll just stick to Martini Corner and West 39th.

Ah, I read the article as this was a recent thing, something other than just your every year uptick in hot weather violence.

Titty Meat 07-16-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11602236)

Heh I live down the street from The Pointe. First month living there I was sitting on my porch and heard gun shots at The Pointe. That place is hood.

Titty Meat 07-16-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11602209)
Honestly, I've been out of the past-midnight-on-a-weekend-in-Westport game for a bit.

What's the cause for the recent spike in violence?

Crime is actually down this summer

Pablo 07-16-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11602271)
Heh I live down the street from The Pointe. First month living there I was sitting on my porch and heard gun shots at The Pointe. That place is hood.

My buddy lived at 45 Madison for a couple of years back from 2011-2013. I was at The Point quite a bit. It wasn't a bad spot. Your occasional fight or whatnot. Then I think sometime in Summer 2013 they changed their happy hour time and lowered their drink prices across the board and I quit going shortly after. Definitely attracted a fun new element.